Asda Measure up!

Well i am still doing this diet, the shakes take ages to drink (for me anyway) so they keep me feeling full so all is good so far. I tried the cafe latte flavour and its gross. So might want to avoid that one.

daftdrew said:
Well still going on this finding it very easy, first week i lost 8.8lbs and I am well on my way towards my first stone ;)

Hi. How you getting on. I am back to this site after a major fall off the wagon. I found when commited to a vlcd to start with i did amazing. Then with lots if stresses i felt deprived. So have decided to give asda meal replacements a go and then look forward to a yummy meal in the evenings

Well for me they really are doing the trick. Ive lost twelve kilo now following the 1200 calorie ish plan and increasing my movement. I aim for two shakes a day two snacks at 100 cals and a 600 cal meal at night. Ive found at dinner time i used to have a shake but now i have a cup a soup inatead and keep my dinner shake till around 3-4 it really helps. GL starting

Thanks for replying. Well done you, you are doing so well. That's a great idea about the soup. On day two today and found 4pm I was getting a bit grumpy. Have managed last two days on two shakes and small evening meal. Doing really well though but have not been having the snacks so think I should add them to stop me being tempted. Please keep me updated.

Hi all!!
So I've got a question about this diet... I've been thinking about restarting the Cambridge Weight Plan, I did it last spring but I still have a couple stones to lose... I today I bought some ready made Asda Measure Up shakes and was really excited of how cheap they are! But now I've been reading everywhere that they can't be used the same way as CWP shakes (replacing all the meals with three shakes a day), why is that?? The nutrition list seems about the same in both.. I'm confused! Help? xx

HI Mirella1,

I did cambridge many years ago and price certainly plays a part. I tried Exante last year and did really well, this is a fraction of the price in comparison for a complete meal replacement VLCD.
In terms of not being able to replace all meals I have been as confused as you, I have compared content to that of slimfast and cambridge and could not see a difference. Sure an experienced user of one of these will be able to tell you. I figured maybe they just are not licensed to sell it as a complete VLCD. However all that aside i love the taste of them and have in 4 days lost 4Lb and have actually enjoyed the restriction of choice for breakfast and lunch but have so enjoyed having an evening meal. to me its been simples without feeling deprived :).
Not sure that helps but please keep us up dated.

Not heard from daftdrew for few days but sure they willpop in and say hi

Thanks for your answer, lastslim!
4lbs loss in 4 days, that really great! I just tried the vanilla drink and liked it a lot - I'm definitely giving these a go! And now that I think of it, the one meal a day might actually be a very good thing, I remember having mad cravings for food during CWP lol :)
will update later when I get started xx

Hey great to hear about your loss. Ive not been doing total meal replacment nor have my meals been that healthy at night eithee i juat try my best to make sure they are around 600 cals and combining that with 2 snacks and 2 shakes really does the trick. The premade milkshakes taste better but i find them not as filling as the ones you make yourself. More chance of feeling hungry using them my weigh in day is thursday and i was down a total of 13 kg now. Which is pretty damn good for 5 weeks.

Yeah well ive got a lot to loose so i kinda expected to be fast to start with its slowing down a bit. Snacks i tend to have are i have a couple of water crackers and primula. Or also i like crab sticks and i can have ten of them for 8 of them for around 100 calories. Since they are protine they keep me feeling fuller for longer. Think the biggest change is i feel like i have a lot more energy so i can actually get around more and i am not out of breath so i think that combined with the reduced calorie has really sped up my weight loss.

Well done. What matters is its coming off and if you don't feel deprived it make a life easier all round. Win win.

mirella1 said:
Thanks for your answer, lastslim!
4lbs loss in 4 days, that really great! I just tried the vanilla drink and liked it a lot - I'm definitely giving these a go! And now that I think of it, the one meal a day might actually be a very good thing, I remember having mad cravings for food during CWP lol :)
will update later when I get started xx

Keep us posted, I agree the ones that are not pre made are more filling.

Ok so I started on Friday and so far so good. I'm having a shake when I wake up, a regular lunch/dinner and a shake again in the evening. Today the morning shake left me feeling a bit hungry so I ate a banana after it. And of course I'm drinking 2-3 litres of water every day. Feeling really great, can't wait to see the pounds come off :)

Last edited:
mirella1 said:
Ok so I started on Friday and so far so good. I'm having a shake when I wake up, a regular lunch/dinner and a shake again in the evening. Today the morning shake left me feeling a bit hungry so I ate a banana after it. And of course I'm drinking 2-3 litres of water every day. Feeling really great, can't wait to see the pounds come off :)

Brilliant

I've been on the diet for a week now, and I've lost a total of 9lbs! Over a half a stone, woohoo! :bunnydance: I'm so happy! Now I've got exactly 30lbs to lose to get to my goal weight... :) Of course the loss will slow down, but this is a good start I think.
How are you guys doing? xx

I've just started today. Need to lose about 3 stone. I did CWP before having a baby and lost 2 1/2 stone in 3 months but baby weight aswel as my boy being stillborn I've gained all my weight back plus extra. As I know a VLCD works well I hope to lose it a little slower this time so giving a time scale of 5 months to achieve 3 stones. Good luck to you all.

Am starting this tomorrow as want to try for another baby but still have my 5st from previous pregnancy to lose. Seems like an uphill battle most of the time.
Any support would be greatly appreciated as I mostly feel very alone. :(

Back