Avocuddle's Weight loss diary

Avocuddle

I started dieting in the new year after I started turning down invitations for social occasions purely because I couldn't bear people seeing how big I was getting.

I used to find it easy to stay slim (but obviously thought I was fat...even at 7 stone.....current me wants to shake "past" me and give her a good slap) but in 2014 I was very ill and ended up in a coma for a month, bed bound for two, and recovering for another year. I started putting on weight then and in 2 years had put on a whopping 5 stone. (Granted, coming out of hospital I was slightly underweight, so I should probably round it to 4 stone.)

This New Year, having an anxiety attack about seeing my friends, meant that enough was enough. I have three young children and I owe it to them to be able to do fun things and not feel unable to because of how I feel about my body.

To top it off, my husband left me early in January....(In a past life I'm pretty sure I was a terrible person, if Karma has any say in how my adult life has faired.) So, yes...a new start is needed.

Since the 1st Jan I've lost 1.5 stone, which I'm over the moon about, but there's still a long way to go and I want to make sure I don't lose my focus. Overall I'd like to have lost 4 stone this year (but would be happy with 3 if that's all I manage.) Today I got my first comment from a mum at school who said she could tell I'd lost weight, which was really lovely to hear.

So, yes, that's me...Onwards and downwards.

Another 2lbs down which brings me to 11st5 and 1st9lb lost. :) I'd love to be under 11 stone by my birthday next month, but we'll see.

I'm definitely noticing it. My rings are looser and my clothes feel better on.

I'm sorry that you've had such a rough few years :( You sound like a really strong individual and you're right, sometimes a new, fresh look at things and a new way of being is the best way to shed past experiences. I really hope you stick with it and so far you sound like you're doing incredibly well! We're similar weight right now and have similar goals, so lets do it together! :)

Youv'e done well! Its sad that you've been refusing social events because of how your feeling. I hope you are able to go out more now.

3 months down the line....whoops.

My mental health took a massive turn for the worse and losing weight kind of took a back seat, whilst I used alcohol and vegan junk food as self medication. I realised how bad that was, so I started antidepressants 2 months ago and gave up drinking, full stop...

I'm down to 11stone, but am really seeing it in my body.
My lovely dresses that I am desperate to be able to wear again will zip up....but my boobs are still way too big to be comfortable. I'm on the way though...so that's the main thing, and I'm happy with what I'm doing and how it's going.

In an ideal world I wouldn't have had the wobble and I'd be much closer to my goal, but such is life....I'm on my way to being a genuinely happier person. I look back to the first time I thought I was fat.....8 stone, if you were wondering....:confused: and I'm starting to think that having been "bigger" I feel that I can appreciate my body more. As I lose the weight I can see it, and I don't have any doubts that I'll end up happy with my body, whereas in the past I could have disappeared and still thought I was fat. (Can you tell I'm on happy pills? :D)

So yes...onwards and downwards.

Thats good that your feeling better. I'm sorry to hear that you had a slight upset. I too had a slight upset in the past and I have to keep taking my medication otherwise I feel unwell. You could try doing excersise thats meant to help too. I too am a bit top heavy but ive always been that way so not expecting many changes in that area. 8st sounds a bit low to me.

Thank you Georgiestar.
Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I meant that I felt "fat" even at 8 stone, not that I have any expectations of getting down to that weight....just how absurd that thought was. xx

Oh right, I understand Xxx

I remember thinking I was fat years ago when I was 7 stone 11 - like you I could slap that past me lol - hope your ok and good luck xx

Back