Back again, battling Gluten, Fibromyalgia...and Fat.

Ally89

Gold Member
I'm back once again, it's been a while people of Minimins. And I know if that time the forum has been offline and back with an upgrade. I'm pretty much the same, except I came back with a downgrade.

Basically I lost 6st 1lb with Slimming World 18 months/2 years ago, since then I have been diagnosed with Gluten Intolerance (they thought I was Coeliac but tests came back negative yet Gluten lands me in bed for a week when I eat it), I lost a job because of that, I was off 6 months with agonising stomach pains, no one could find what was causing it. I kind of dropped off SW at that point but did keep try to get back on the ladder but I got a couple of rungs up and slid back down again. Anyway I lost my web developer job because I was off for so long, I was also suffering from anxiety because of the job making me 10x worse.

So from there I got another job doing something I enjoyed, building newsletters for some big high street companies, however something new started happening, I was constantly ill, in pain and fatigue, I started forgetting my code to do a job I have been able to accomplish since I was 12, I just couldn't remember what to do, I was asking people for help, then I'd end up working a few days and become so exhausted I spent 4 days in bed, that kept repeating for 3 months until the end of my probation at the job and they do got rid of me, not that I blamed them, I had had so many health problems in those 3 months.

Last February I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I am currently not working although I do run my own Coeliac website with different Coeliac related things on including recipes which I hope to eventually turn into a business when I am able to, it currently gets up to 17k visits a month so I know it's big enough, it's just my health improving enough to make it work as a business.

Anyway with the Fibro and stuff I struggle to exercise, I get spasms in all my muscles, struggle sleeping (but once I'm asleep I can be there for 14 hours straight) so I often don't have the energy (even the 14 hours isn't enough to get rid of the fatigue), I get severe pain in my hips and legs when walking more than a short walk. My physio has suggested trying Swimming.

Anyway in terms of weight I have gained too much weight back, I also have PCOS and it is affecting that big time, in no doubt it's not helping the Fibro either, so I need to lose it, I did lose a little in September but soon gained that back and more, so now I need to get my head into action properly.

I know SW isn't supporting red and green days anymore but I am still going to do them as I like mixing them in with EE days and always lose weight better that way. So 4st 5lb to go, I don't have much of an incentive yet except my health, but I will think of something to try and motivate me more! I'll post a food diary later as not sure what I am having for tea yet!

Ok today so far. Didn't get up til late so didn't have lunch

B: provena muesli (100ml light soya milk from hexa) , banana and grapes
L: none
T: sw chips, beans, poached egg and heck chicken Italia sausages (1 syn) and tsp ketchup (0.5 syns), apple
Snacks: Free from rocky road 7, pear, clementine
Drinks: caramel green tea, nesquik (3 syns) in 300ml light soya milk (rest of hexa), peppermint tea, vanilla tea

Last edited:
hey hun just popping by to subscribe :)
youve been through an awful lot then... good luck on your journey i hope this is your year for health and happiness!

Thanks Shez! Yeah it's been one health thing after another.

foods been good today :)
im not officially starting until monday - will be easier when im back at work etc
will use nxt few days to eat n drink whatevers open haha

I've been using everything up last few days, bit too much, there's not much left in the house!

haha i did a big healthy shop - so at least got good choices in, just need to get rid of the chocolate biscuits n alcohol lol

Well I'm going g my boyfriends tomorrow and mums not shopping until Monday so will buy my stuff when at his, I have enough to scrap a few meals together.

Right today's food, will update as it goes along

Breakfast: none
Lunch: apple. Bacon and scrambled egg (0.5 syns for milk) with a dab of ketchup (0.5 syns) on a bfree gluten free pitta (hexb)
Tea:lamb steak and paprika chickpeas, 2x clementines and banana topped with 1/2 flake (4 syns)
Snacks:2 dairy milk heroes (5 syns), 5 free from rice cakes (5 syns) with laughing cow (hexa)
Drinks:water, 2x caramel tea

Last edited:
Todays food diary

Breakfast: provena muesli (hexb with milk 100ml soya milk from a)
Lunch: Scrambled egg with 2 laughing cow (1/2 hexa) and beans on toast (6 syns), 2x clementines
Tea: Gammon, pineapple ring (1 syn), butter beans and mushrooms. Banana and 100g custard (4.5 syns)
Snacks: 2x udis wafer (5 syns)
Drinks: water, 2x tea with soya milk

Last edited:
Oops miscalculated and ended up a tiny bit over syns!

Hoping my boyfriends scales are right and are the same as mine (though I'm fairly confident they're not!). Weigh in should be Friday but won't be back from boyfriends until Saturday or Sunday so will have to weigh Sunday or Monday!

I also forgot to mention before its rare I eat all 3 meals a day, I often don't manage to get up until late due to fibro and cfs, I tend to wake up at 10/11 but my body doesn't wake up all the time, I get some kind of sleep paralysis, so it's often late 11's or past midday I get up.

Food so far, will update as go along

Breakfast: eggy bread (hexb) with cinnamon and coconut milk (from hexa)
Lunch:none
Tea: beany spaghetti bolognese (1 syn for cornflour), persimmon fruit and melon
Snacks: udis wafer (2.5 syns), snickers (11 syns), apple
Drinks: 250ml coconut milk (from hexa)

Last edited:
Todays food

Breakfast: free from granola (hexb with milk from a)
Lunch: none
Tea: Dill and smoked salmon pasta
Snacks: Frozen Chocolate Buttons 1/2 pk 5 syns, 4 olaf snowmen 6 syns, pear, chocolate lolly 2.5 syns
Drinks: Starbucks mint tea, sugar free orange squash, white options hot choc 2 syns

Last edited:
Been 4D cinema today, OMG never again, didn't have popcorn or anything, good job too, it would have likely have exited my stomach sharpish. I get motion sickness on trains so was hit and miss as to whether I would manage it, but 25 Mins into Star Wars I couldn't handle anymore, would have been ok if the seats didn't go in circular motions and pan up with the sky, head was banging and felt so sick. Good job we've already seen Star Wars but in 2D and 3D. Anyway came home had tea but felt ill still, ended up sleeping for 2 and half hours, which has been known to happen before, CFS makes me tired REALLY easy, feeling a little better now though, going to watch Fault In Our Stars in a none moving bedroom and probably bawl my eyes out!

Food...

Breakfast: apple, muller light
Tea:Homemade burger on a Schar ciabatta (hexb) with cheese (hexa), mccains 5% crinkle chips 5 syns and salad
Snacks: 1/2 frozen choc buttons 5 syns, 1 olaf snowman choc 1.5 syns, grapes
Drinks: Starbucks mint tea, water and orange squash

Last edited:
Today's food

Breakfast: cornflakes (hexb with coconut milk from 1/2 hexa)
Tea: salmon with butter bean and pomegranate salad (harissa paste 0.5 syns) and rice. Mint neopolitan icecream 110g 4.5 syns
Snacks: free from hot cross cookie 4.5 syns, 2 square white aero 2 syns, apple, orange, ham rollups (1/2 hexa laughing cows), olaf choc 1.5
Drinks: orange squash, options hot choc (2 syns)

Last edited:
Official weigh in is today but i'm at my boyfriends and don't know what the difference is between his scales and mine. His scales are saying a 5lb loss, I'll find out for sure on Monday if that's right or not when I've worked out the scale differences (I think it might only be 1lb out if that). As long as its a loss I don't mind.

If you have been reading my food you may notice I have soya milk but also have products containing cows milk, so thought i would point out with my Coeliac I developed lactose intolerance, it improved as my gut healed but I still can't tolerate a lot, I'm fine as long as I don't overdo the lactose so I generally stick to milk alternatives so I can have regular cheese and yogurts. Just if anyone was wondering!

Todays food

Breakfast: Cornflakes (4 syns) with 100ml light soya milk (1.5 syns). Muller light yogurt
Lunch:
Tea: Homemade burger with cheese slices (hexa) on a gluten free ciabatta (hexb) with mccains 5% 100g chips (1.5 syns) and salad
Snacks: Persimmon Fruit, homemade after 8 fudge (3.5 syns), apple, 1/2 ff choc brownie (3.5 syns)
Drinks: 100ml water

Last edited:
Been for a short walk to Asda, it's only 10-15 mins but I'm exhausted now. Now I have a cat sat on me and debating whether I need a nap.

Physio advised I try swimming for the pain in my hips, frankly I will try anything once but think I will end up exhausted after, anyway been looking at my local baths and they do a card which gives a discount if you claim certain benefits which I do, looked again and if you are in receipt of an even more limited amount of them you are entitled to free swimming, with a happy smile on my face, I fall into that limited category so for £5 a year I can swim for free rather than pay £4 a session!

Anyway todays food

Breakfast: cornflakes (hexb) with milk from hexa
Lunch:
Tea: Chicken thigh, butterbeans, steam veg, 2 gluten free yorkshire puds (5), kallo GF gravy 75ml (1.5 syns). 50g Almond dream dairy free mint ice cream (3.5 syns)
Snacks: Homemade mint fudge (3.5 syns), Apple
Drinks:water

Last edited:
Back