Step 1 Sole Source Back to it...

Well I have just completed day 3 & I think it was easier than yesterday! I had a right tight dry chest/mouth feeling that was making me cough& slightly unsettled at bedtime coz of it- but had fresh air today & I turned thermostat down on heating & I turned it off about an hour before I've just come to bed, I think that was the cause.

I have been to the loo about 7 times today, I am going to count it tomorrow. I have a busy day at work tomorrow I am in the office & loads going on so it will be interesting to see how I get on, I will be keeping a bottle of water with me at all times! It does help curb the feeling of hunger if you get a few pangs.

But my breath stinks - my friend said it to me last night - handed me chewing gum!!!

On another note, the chicken & mushroom soup was lovely, I again used more water than instructed & a small drop of skimmed milk which I am allowed on SS+

Glad to see we are all going good! I tried the toffee & walnut for last shake and really enjoyed it - it's nice to have something sweet after dinner/soup - I actually can't believe I am enjoying the shakes after being so disappointed with them on Monday - I am looking forward to them.

;)))

Think they recommend not to boil so as you don't kill the nutrients or something. Not really sure. I can't stomach the porridge, it's an odd texture.

Ive just put a mix a mouse shake in the fridge....I didn't like that last time either but I'm going to give it another go. I've put it in a nice little glass bowl so I can pretend its like angel delight :) will let you know how it goes.

My stomach isn't as bloated today. Don't thunk I've lost much weight but maybe it's just water weight idk.

Gero what job do you do?

Rachel I work in Housing - I visit tenants to assist them to claim benefits/money advice. It's getting very busy now with all the changes coming in from April - Welfare Reform is going to change so much in society!!!

Hahahaha love the pics, my stupid phone! The amount of times I have to go back and change words!!! Hahaha

Sounds like a great job, I love working with people....am completely intrigued with all the different cultures in the uk now.

Im in ketosis, peed on a stick and it went a nice darkish pink :) not feeling hungry now but still craving food. Got a dry mouth to.

Walked the dogs a little while ago, was lovely being in the fresh air.

Is anyone feeling particularly cold? Not sure if its from all the water I'm drinking.

Night ladies, have a great day tomorrow. I'm hoping work goes smoothly :) catch up with you all tomorrow xx

Work was really hard! I work in a cash and carry and it's just full of food, drove me nuts. I'm ok again now I'm home. Had a mix a mousse for lunch, added slightly more water this time and so it wasn't quite as thick and was a bit more angel delight ish.

Cooking tea for my kids now, not even tempted :)

This kind of diet does make you listen to your body I must admit. Right now my stomach isn't telling me I'm hungry, but my head is...

We'll done for not wanting to invade your kids dinners lol, I think it's very much in the mind I'm exactly the same..I'm not hungry I just wanna put something in my mouth lol.. I don't no how you can handle working with all that food and stick to it well done you! I'd be down the pan already lol x

Omg believe me I was tempted! I lost count of the amount of times I talked myself in to eating something and then talked myself out of it again!

How's your day been?

I felt like crap this morning haha I couldn't stand up without my legs wanting to give way.. But I'm feeling alot better now : ) day 4 tomorrow hopefully the worst is nearly over xx

Mornings are the worst for me to. Felt better today than I did yesterday, hope day 4 is ok for you. Keep positive :)

Hello girls, sorry to hear your all tired & thinking of food lol.

I am nearly over day 4 - today went better than expected I sat in a meeting with a plate of gingerbread men & chocolate brownies in front of me & I just didn't have acknowledgment to them! My urge to get my BMi down for a baby oh & getting back into my clothes was a stronger force.

I don't know if I could stay like for months thou & at time of month?!

I have a feeling I won't have a massive loss on this my 1st week - because I had put just 9lbs on during the 3 main weeks of Xmas & new year - I was in Egypt on the all inclusive - and when I came back I stood to 3 meals a day of water based content & was really surprised when I got weighed by CDC 14st 0 3/4 so I had more or less lost it - a lot was holiday water retention. But if I lost that then technically this is like the 3rd week dip. I have been on the scales & 13 12 this evening so something going.........the amount of times I've been the loo I'm surprised I'm not 5st now!!

I believe the water is not only to keep you hydrated but it aids the weightless but I am struggling to do 2.5l it's more like 1.5l I'm doing - but having a lot of tea & coffee to fill the snacking gaps.

Glad we are all still here & determined - not looking forward to weekend though :((

I have to say I'm struggling with the water too, I'm making up for it with tea and coffee and fruit teas .. Going to invest in the water flavouring, I'm in desperate need of it xx

It's really hard drinking all that water, I have 4 pints plus tea and my shakes... Yet I've still got a dry mouth, what's that all about?!

Have pottered about all night, ironing, tidying, playing with the dogs. Went to tesco to get a few bits. Now that was really really hard. Hubby was buying chocolate and icecream, not being supportive one bit! I could have throttled him! I brought a new nail varnish as a little pic me up :)

My daughter (4) asked my son (10) at tea time why isn't mummy having tea, my son told her cos mummy's on another diet... Made me really think I've got to sort myself out once and for all.

Night ladies, have a fab day tomorrow. Stay positive xx

You really are doing so well! Pat on the back for resisting and don't forget that!
Friday tomorrow and hopefully yous can get some extra rest at the weekend.

Last edited:
Feeling wobbly this morning, bucket of tea needed lol

Scales say I've lost 5lbs so far in 5 days :) but I've come on this morning, first time in months as I have a coil, bloody typical eh.

I want to wish today away.....

I've got the wobbles too! On day 4 , I was 20st 11 now they say 20st 6... When I get into the teens ill be alot happier god knows how I let myself get this far out of control : ( but I'm fixing it now : ) just had my apple and cinnamon porridge now for a cuppa : ) have a good day everyone xx

Had a day off yesterday as it was my birthday and went out to lunch, then hubby is taking me out on Saturday night for dinner! But you need to live!
I am only 4ft 10inches and 1.5 stone overweight, which doesn't sound much, but at my height you really notice it.
Hoping for a good week (after Saturday night!)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi everyone, day 5 for me too Rachel but I think I've only lost 3lbs - I have got weigh in tomorrow morning so we will see on her scales - I was hoping to see more than this
:((. Her scales had a lower starting weight than mine anyway.

Had the mushroom soup today - delicious! I have now mastered the plain porridge - which was my dinner - I am still having it hot as I can't see the major problem in that - ill ask her tomorrow.

Now got a hot chocolate for a bit later- I can do from 9.30am until 2.30pm for my second one yet I find I eat the other 2 within a few hours on evening - the 3rd makes me feel hungry so ill have a big mug of tea now.

Big problem today.......constipation!!!!!

Back