Baked chocolate & peanut butter tart(with pic)

furrystomper said:
:DBaked choco & peanut butter tart
Serves 4 @ 3 1/2 syns each

Ingeredents
1 box silken tofu
5 scan bran finely chopped/blended(5 syns)
1 TBS golden syrup(2 1/2)
2 TBS boiling water
2 TBS cocoa powder(2 syns)
1 TBS peanut butter(4 syns)
8 ish TBS sweetner

1, Place golden syrup into microwave for 30 seconds till runny.
Then add along with the water to the scan bran and mix throughly.
Then add the mix to a frylighted tin or pirex dish and flatten as much as possible. Then place in a preheated oven on gas mk 5 for 10 mins.
2, while base is cooking blened 1/2 the tofu with 4-6 TBS of sweetner and the 2 tbs of cocoa, blen untill no lumps and goes all silk like, then place to one side and repeat with the other half tofu, sweetner & peanut butter blending again untill no lumps and goes all smoth.
3, remove base from oven and top with chocolate mix first, when all mix is on bang it lightly on the worktop to release any air pockets.
Then top with the peanut butter mix and again bang slightly to release air pockets.
4, place back into the preheated oven on the gas mk 5 still for 30-40 mins or untill top looks compleatly set then remove from oven.
5, leave to cool & chill for at least 1 hour before serving with any fruit of your choice and maybe some anchor light( 1 syn for 12 1/2g)
Whole cake works out at 13 1/2 syns Enjoy xx

Hiya
Sorry to be a pain, but when looking up the syn amounts my directory says cocoa (green and blacks or bourneville) is 1 syn per tsp which would make 2 tblsp 6 syns.

I have skippy peanutbutter which I cant find but sunpat is 4.5 syns per tblsp

I make the whole thing 18 syns??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Peanut butter, all varieties, 1 level tbsp 4½ 4½ 4½

Cocoa powder, 1 level tbsp 1 1 1

So 14 syns. have only recently been able to get online so was going by last years peanut butter. :D

furrystomper said:
Peanut butter, all varieties, 1 level tbsp 4½ 4½ 4½

Cocoa powder, 1 level tbsp 1 1 1

So 14 syns. have only recently been able to get online so was going by last years peanut butter. :D

My directory definitely states every tsp of cocoa is 1 syn for green and blacks or bourneville cocoa. My weigh in book states cocoa in general is 0.5 syns per tsp , so a tblsp would be 1.5 syns.

Kx I am confused

misspaf said:
Would Holland and Barretts have this tofu?? How much and what does it look like?

Hiya,
Check online. Mine is from Asda and looks like the pic

Kx

Attachments

• image-3014330341.jpg
    image-3014330341.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 174
My directory definitely states every tsp of cocoa is 1 syn for green and blacks or bourneville cocoa. My weigh in book states cocoa in general is 0.5 syns per tsp , so a tblsp would be 1.5 syns.

Kx I am confused

Well thats what it comes up as from syns online hun and thats the most up to date u will get... the books are never 100% as syns in things are always changing lol x

furrystomper said:
Well thats what it comes up as from syns online hun and thats the most up to date u will get... the books are never 100% as syns in things are always changing lol x

Cheers Hun .

I have decided to work it out the 1 syn to 20cals . And I prefer this as it is 1.2 syns which I have rounded to 1.5 , a big improvement - lol

Kx

Would be so interested to hear from anyone who has enjoyed this pud to see if it has affected their weight loss. Still a lot of confusion in my group about blending tofu!! In fact one of the girls on Monday refererred to "tofugate". I think I may make the choc pud with tofu this weekend though as it was such a lovely recipe and see how my loss goes.

hollys nan said:
Would be so interested to hear from anyone who has enjoyed this pud to see if it has affected their weight loss. Still a lot of confusion in my group about blending tofu!! In fact one of the girls on Monday refererred to "tofugate". I think I may make the choc pud with tofu this weekend though as it was such a lovely recipe and see how my loss goes.

I have been eating blended tofu regularly as has my OH ( look at my food diary) . I am losing weight as is my OH. So I am gonna continue. :)

Kx

Surely if your only having it once a week then it wont affect your loss's..... When it comes to having it every night for your desert then i would think it would give you a gain.
I suppose its a bit like the joes saussages that are syn free.. but if you ate them every day i dare bet you would get a gain that week hun x

Yes that is what I was thinking, the only prob is that it makes 4 portions and hubby doesnt like choc pud!!! So I would have to have one a night, or two over two days!!!! Sounds lovely but perhaps not so good for the scales!!!! ha ha And kwise1 thanks a lot for your post, interesting

Try it, my partner loved it :) il be making another one this valentines so i get a treat too lol

Re: Baked chocolate & peanut butter tart(with pic)

Bump

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back