Step 1 Sole Source Began yesterday... journey of a desperate woman :)

Hi all,

Today has been hard. Just had my second bar of the day. No I shouldn't have, but needed the sweet rush of it. Also had another seafood stick which takes me up to 5. Feeling really annoyed with myself but at least I've not blown it by reaching for a carb heavy anything. Now to go cook OHs food. Don't want to - don't want to be in the kitchen. No choice though. He'd poorly and after a day at work needs a bit of a treat too.

Speak to you all tomorrow. Hopefully this is the extent of my naughtiness and it won't affect the weight loss. I do hope I've gone down a bit tomorrow. Even half a lb would be cool.

Good morning all, cakeofdeath,

Well yesterday was dreadful. I ate and I ate and I've blown myself out.

I had nearly 1.5 litres of diet ginger beer, 3 slices of cheese, 5 seafood sticks, a small piece of fish, 1 fig, and an extra bar. So this morning the weight had, gasp, gone up by 1/2 lb. Very annoyed with myself. Swore that I would be 100% today, and what do I do, I eat 1/2 an egg and a small piece of bacon while having breakfast with OH. Not a good start.

But, I have compensated for the naughty start to the day by doing 10 minutes on the exercise bike with more to follow. At least I know it is me sabotaging myself now that I've come so far. But OH is being very supportive, and has encouraged me lots. So feeling okay about things in general.

Hope you all have a really good day. I am really counting on being 100% for the rest of the day. Hopefully the bacon and egg won't ruin today as well. Tomorrow I hope to do a ketosis test to see what's going on. Was too afraid to do one this morning.

Good luck everyone. The fight of the bulge must go on!

Hi all,

Still seem to be in ketosis despite yesterday's utter naughtiness. Thank goodness. Not even hungry for lunch which is a first. So letting it wait until I need it. That way I can avoid feeling hungry in the evening. Want a loss tomorrow morning. Tired of being where I am and not happy to have gone up 1/2 lb this morning.

Is everyone having a good day?

Hey kittyperry,

Glad you are having a good day......
Are there particular triggers for your snacking ? I'm so impressed that you cook for the family every day despite this diet......you are a bit of a hero...!
I finally managed to get some kitchen scales so now I know what 200g of veg looks like rather than just guessing......
I had a one to one today with a Pilates teacher and she was fabulous.....I'm rubbish at coordination and I don't know my left from my right so an exercise class is out of the question but I actually enjoyed the session and she explained everything beautifully and slowly.....I am having three lessons with her and then joining her class I think....She said she could help with what I call glee pee......TMI.....
Have a great evening.....

Hey kittyperry,

Glad you are having a good day......
Are there particular triggers for your snacking ? I'm so impressed that you cook for the family every day despite this diet......you are a bit of a hero...!
I finally managed to get some kitchen scales so now I know what 200g of veg looks like rather than just guessing......
I had a one to one today with a Pilates teacher and she was fabulous.....I'm rubbish at coordination and I don't know my left from my right so an exercise class is out of the question but I actually enjoyed the session and she explained everything beautifully and slowly.....I am having three lessons with her and then joining her class I think....She said she could help with what I call glee pee......TMI.....
Have a great evening.....

Hello,

No I don't think there are real triggers. I just think it is when I'm resting, relaxing and food seems like a good thing to have. When I'm busy, I can happily forget about the need to eat anything.

I like cooking and food. So I'm constantly making something or another. It is my current most convenient creative outlet. I'm supposed to be writing, but the book's kind of stalled while I figure out what's wrong with my plot. So in the meantime, I cook. No wonder I put on weight :)

Today I made more bread for OH's breakfast, and rock cakes which he loves. Funnily enough I'm not craving carbs. I thought I'd be mad for them, but no, I'm okay. Did have a tiny nibble of the lovely brie we bought at the farmers' market last Saturday. But only a tiny nibble and then it was 100% for the rest of the day.

Don't think I'll have time to come online tomorrow. My cousin's son is coming to spend the weekend. Should be interesting. He's just finished his second year at uni. Have put figs slowly simmered in wine to mature overnight in the fridge. Making Greek chicken in figs and marmalade for their dinner tomorrow night.

Well done on the pilates session. I've always wanted to, but haven't ever got around to it. I think I'm just a bit afraid of making a fool of myself in front of others. Not too coordinated myself. The only place where I feel my body works is in the water - but not having a nice swimming pool nearby means I don't go very often now. When I was young I swam everyday, and most weekends when I in my early twenties were spent on the beach, playing in the ocean.

Right, house tidying awaits.

Speak to you all on Sunday most probably. Till then, good luck with the battle :)

You are so talented kitty! Master chef, hostess, author, not to mention the degrees, masters and Phd. I'm impressed!!!

Good luck over the weekend. Hope you stay in plan :)

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Kitty

You are writing a book!!!!??? That is so fantastic...I love reading and novels.....you are some talented person.....I love art and literature but I am completely unable to execute anything myself.....what sort of things do you write ?

One thing I do have to say about the Pilates was that I struggled to locate my pubic bone because of the hefty layer of fat and I nearly passed out trying to do a curl up because I had to put my chin on my chest which attempted to smother me...my teacher is also an ex dancer and probably a size 6 so I was filled with body envy....however you have to start somewhere....I'm sick of not doing things because I'm too fat.......I'm off to work so have a lovely day....

Good morning all, especially forever and cakeofdeath,

I had a super weekend and I stayed almost 100%. On both days I nibbled on a bit of chicken while the others were having dinner, and had a slice or two of cheese. But that was it. The rest of the day I was 100% and since we took my cousin's son to both the War Museum of the North and the Museum of Science and Industry I got a lot of walking on both days too. Feeling really happy - seem to be definitely in the zone and it is making a big difference in the way I feel about hunger and food.

Hey, thank you for your lovely compliments. It is all down to wanting something and working for it. Nothing is impossible. I truly believe that. So, we are going to be slim and fabulous since we are working on it everyday :)

I'm working on my first novel which is a postcolonial [i.e. there are quiet, subtle references to the period before, during and after colonisation], paranormal [i.e. there are witches and shapeshifters in it] romance. My PhD was on postcolonial literature, especially English writing coming out of Sri Lanka and I found so little in this genre that I felt I really had to write it myself. So, we'll see how it all goes. I'm enjoying the process, but getting a really thrilling plot is not as easy as it sounds. So, I'm tinkering with what I have and getting there bit by bit. I've promised someone I'll have a first rough draft by the end of September [80,000 words] so I do have a deadline.

So afternoon everyone,

I just had my bowl of pasta and feeling really full. So glad to not be at the point where I have a shake or whatever and feel famished. I really feel as though my body is adjusting. Moreover, given that I've been only doing this for 3 weeks and a bit, I've already lost 16lbs. I am so glad I've taken this on. Yes, the focus on the diet is making it much harder to get things like my writing done, but seriously, this is so important for me that I don't mind.

How is everyone today?

Hi all,

What is it about Monday? I was ravenous today and eat - wait for it - 4 bars through the afternoon. That means I've had 6 meals today, plus some cheese. I feel awful and am sure I'll go up tomorrow. Damn. Must be super good tomorrow. Feel so disheartened, I know I'm probably out of ketosis now and everything. And I had done so well over the weekend. Why am I so much of a self-sabotager.

I'm the opposite. I find new motivation on a Monday!

Don't worry about the bars, it could've been a 5 pack of mars bars which would have rocketed you out of ketosis. U got an upset tummy now? I've done what you did and spent long time on toilet!!! X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Hi forever and cake. No thankfully I've been ok. Just really tired this morning. I guess the body is struggling to process all of what I had. How was your day?

Ok day Kit. Stringing out the time till I have my soup and a bar :) how's ur day!! X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales. Want to bypass 11s so not weighing until 2nd Aug!

Hi forever. Another bad day. Too many bars again. But at least I stayed the same weight wise this morning and hopefully will again tomorrow. Wish I could get back in the zone. Working on it.

You can get back in the zone. You will do it. Stop the bars!!!!

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Hi forever and cake. No thankfully I've been ok. Just really tired this morning. I guess the body is struggling to process all of what I had. How was your day?

Hello Kittyperry,

I had the humiliation of shopping at Zara........I fully expected an alarm to go off and a voice a voice on the tannoy say "will the old, short, fat woman please leave the shop as there is nothing here that will fit you".....lol....

Thanks for the motivation. You are a star.

Kitty, you can have my mob number if you think it would help you stop eating bars. U cd text when tempted and ill text back "nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!"

I work during day but I can check my phone at certain times.

I love you to be 100%. Let me know and ill message it. Don't worry if its not your thing. I won't be offended!

Have a good day :) x

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2

Back