bingeing at weekends help!!

well with SW huni u can eat all the free foods and superfree foods u want!!

when u feel like snackin have ham and chicken in the fridge. I make SW quiches so if i get a lil peckish especially when cookin my sons dinner i have a lil bit of that so i dnt pick at his:eek:
i sometimes cook boiled eggs n put them in the fridge as well!
even cut up some peppers n carrots t grab from in the fridge then have fruit in so u can snack on that!! i love to freeze grapes and then there like boiled sweeets!!

i was the same after my son was born prb for about a year and no one could understand it but i did for more hungry after my pregnancy than while i was pregnant!!
xxx

sounds like a plan :) Im weighing in tomorrow & will prob stick to wed weigh in

I love curries is there a way of thickening up homemade curry sauces syn free as mine tend to be bit thin using tomatoes?

Oooo i wud of said tinned toms or passata i wpuldnt no not the best cook lol xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love curries is there a way of thickening up homemade curry sauces syn free as mine tend to be bit thin using tomatoes?

Use a stock cube, tomato puree or if you like creamy curries let your curry cool a little and then add yogurt/creme fraiche/quark.

Some varied and interesting points. My thoughts in no particular order.

flexisyns are not for every weekend, they should really be used occasionally, you decide how many syns you will have that eve & stop when you get to that amount, you should also be prepared for a gain or STS.
Personally I'm not a fan of treat nights, have you ever added up the syns used on a treat night?
i wi on a Saturday morning & like this because I'm not tempted to over syn on a Friday.
you could get yourself a low syn tin then you know what you have isn't going to be high in syns.
every Saturday my mother in law comes round for wine & chocolate, I always count the syns, if I have 45 syns on a Saturday I'll not have any syns until Tuesday.

youve got to remember your at the beginning of your journey & it's not going to be easy, your going to learn a lot along the way. try 'treating' yourself a the weekend to your fav SW friendly meal followed by a low syn dessert .

this works for me, I have a smaller wine glass for during the week, it's 3.5 syns, ok so it's a small glass, but it is a glass of wine.

Good luck;)

Good tips Thanks Michelle,I really wish I didn't need the treats at all lol but then I prob wouldn't be overweight in the first place.Im planning on preparing lots of free food for sat so that I don't go hungry & binge on all the wrong things.Not drinking for a while as I know with a hangover im screwed x

I used to be the same at weekends but now not so bad, if im feeling naughty on a saturday night I will have a full syn free fry up and then eat a whole box of mikado sticks, at 1/2 a syn each you can eat 20 of them and stick to your 10 syns, I feel so full up and satisfied after without going off track :) there are ways around it!! X

Brilliant yoyo I like the sound of that a lot!I think this weekend is going to a good one after all these great tips & ideas :) :)

On a saturday I have omelette for brunch (lie ins make me miss breakfast ;)) maybe some fruit and yogurt around 2ish and an alpen about 4 this sees me through to tea time! For tea i highly recommend making your own fakeaway so here's a list of ones I do!

Stirfry (any meat and most sauces are around 3syns for half a pack very cheap and easy from most supermarkets!)
Honey glazed gammon syn free from iceland with chips eggs and pineapple YUM!
Big mac in a bowl? 2 syns but i make chips and grab a tub of BBQ sauce from mcdonalds which is 2.5 syns mmmm! just like a maccy d'z!
Peppercorn steak chips and salad.. 2-4 syns depending if you keep your HEA for the milk in the sauce
Smash chicken kiev with chips - virtually free!
Chicken chow mein - Free
Sticky chicken and fried rice -2syns

The list is absolutely endless!

For snacks i make the diet cream soda rice pudding or just add cooked pudding rice to a yogurt and fruit - occasionally keep an alpen bar to have with a cuppa and of course some proper treats with the rest of my syns. It's so easy to fall of the wagon i usually only do slimming world if i have an event coming up to loose 8-10lbs but ive realised i need to do this most days and maintain my weight as i have a very slim boyfriend who can eat whatever he pleases and doesn't gain a lb yet i will do the same and constantly put it on! Good luck guys if you want any recipes give me a shout :)

hi Meesh thanks for the tips have you got recipes for chicken chow mein & the diet cream soda rice pudding never heard of that before sounds good :)

well saturady went well! First Saturday in a long time that I didn't binge & I felt so much better this morning :)Weetabix & banana for breakfast,mugshot & Satsuma for lunch & veg chilli & rice for tea followed by mikados last night for syns.Hope everyone had a good one :) xx

I had this chilli in mind for a few days so was really looking forward to it so planning I suppose,because I cook lots of dif meals every night all week for fussy eaters I guess Saturday has just become a day of sort yourselves out & takeaway in eve to have a break lol I shall prob still do that once a month or so but instead of eating bad all day then a takeaway I will stick to plan in day & have one dish from indian or Chinese not 2 with chips,starter & god knows what else haha x

I totally blew it this weekend, had a kebab last night and still ate my mikados after lol, cooking a roast now but just gonna draw a line under this weekend and start again tomorrow, well done on sticking to it :) xxx

oh bless you yoyo thankyou so much for the Mikado tip I thoroughly enjoyed them last night although I had to share them with my kids lol.not doing a roast today they aren't happy about it but its just too risky for me as I know I will go overboard with the roasties & cauliflour cheese :( which day do you weigh? It feels much better weighing on a wed than a mon for me xx

I always weight on a friday because I know im gonna be 100% through the week, I may start weighing on a monday though to stop me having a weekend like I just had, booked a holiday on saturday so aiming to lose 1st before april 23rd, wish me luck lol!!

Oh also, I had to share my mikados too, not impressed ;-) lol

Back