Blimp to Bomshell to Blimp Again: RawrGirl's 2ND Weight Loss Diary

Why are you talking in the third person
..sorry don't mean to offend you just wondered x

RawrGirl is in love with the character of Hercule Poirot, who often refers to himself in the 3rd person. RawrGirl finds this good fun, and since it would be quite odd to speak that way in real life, she limits herself to Minimins. :D

Hercule Poirot: No! Lieutenant, you lie to Poirot. You say that you were in the barracks by midnight, but Poirot has proved this to be false.

Hercule Poirot: I haven't given up, Mrs. Folliat. I will not give up. Hercule Poirot will *never* give up.

Hercule Poirot: The question is, can Hercule Poirot possibly by wrong?

Hercule Poirot: So, we have played, and Hercule Poirot, he has won.

Hercule Poirot: It is the subject matter, George. It is distasteful. Poirot, he has seen much evil in this world. It should not be the subject of such mockery.

Hercule Poirot: If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.

So, RawrGirl is pretty happy with her weekend thus far. Usually, she gains a few pouns (water weight?) which she loses around Tuesday of the following week, and then looks at Wed, Thurs, and Fri's weight to see a new loss. This weekend:

Friday Morning's Weight: 147
Friday's Calories: 1548

Saturday Morning's Weight: 147.2
Saturday's Calories: 1962 (approx 400 more than planned, but RawrGirl was snackish and made rice cakes with light cream cheese and veggies, and later had barbecue-flavored black bean crisps)

Sunday Morning's Weight: 147.2

RawrGirl hopes this mean she will see a very decent weight loss this week. :D

Snacks are yummy...esp since RawrGirl discovered Kashi Crisps. They are either made with cheakpeas or black beans instead of potatoes. And they are abut 27 crisps for 120 calories. RawrGirl has had ever flavor save for the lime (she doesn't like lime), and they are all tasty! https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/crisps

The other snack was something her sister makes on croissants, but RawrGirl makes them on rice cakes so they are healthy. Total Calories 100. Put toppings on in this order:

Rice Cake
1/2 TB light cream cheese
1/2 TB light Ranch dressing
Chopped bell pepper
Chopped red onion
1 TB shredded cheddar cheese

Oddly enough, RawrGirl's morning weight was 148. Go figure...Sunday's calories were 1521.

So RawrGirl's test weekend to see if she can maintain weight loss appears to not have worked (despite Sat and Sun's weight maintaining).

RawrGirl is thinking that she should stay off the scale for the rest of the week, and not get on again till Friday for weigh-in. Goal 145.2 (-1.8lb).

But, she is partly tempted to get on tomorrow morning and see if that pound gain is gone, so this way she knows for sure if she did indeed gain a pound over the weekend, or if it was simply water weight.

Decisions, decisions. Grrr.

I can hardly talk as I weigh in way too much, but I think it would be better if you tried not to weigh again until your weigh in - if the lb hasn't dropped when you WI tomorrow you might become a bit disheartened.

I was going to say sounds delicious, but then I googled Tilapia and saw it was fish, not a fan!! If it was chicken or some veg in the burger your food would look very yummy ;)

Interesting putting marmalade in the burger, bet it goes really well.

One piece of advice I can possibly give is not to have scales in the house. I don`t have them and only weigh myself once or twice a month when I go to my mums and use hers.

I was going to say sounds delicious, but then I googled Tilapia and saw it was fish, not a fan!! If it was chicken or some veg in the burger your food would look very yummy ;)

Interesting putting marmalade in the burger, bet it goes really well.

Believe it or not, RawrGirl HATES fish. But Swai and Tilapia do not taste like fish. They really don't. So since fish is healthy, RawrGirl eats those -- and only those -- two kinds. And yes, orange marmelade does VERY well with mild fist. RawrGirl realized that because she loves Outback Steakhouse's coconut shrimp and it comes with delicious orange marmelade dipping sauce.

FYI -- RawrGirl doesn't count shrimp as a fish since it doesn't taste fishy, lol. That's why she likes Tilapia and Swai...no fishy taste. :)

I can hardly talk as I weigh in way too much, but I think it would be better if you tried not to weigh again until your weigh in - if the lb hasn't dropped when you WI tomorrow you might become a bit disheartened.

RawrGirl should have taken your advice. Scales said 147.4. RawrGirl needs to remember that it doesn't matter what the scale says after the weekend or during the week -- only weigh in day matters. So she will not be getting on again till then.

One piece of advice I can possibly give is not to have scales in the house. I don`t have them and only weigh myself once or twice a month when I go to my mums and use hers.

RawrGirl is seriously considering putting the scale away again after this Friday. Last time she dieted -- the only time she ever reached goal -- she only weighed in once a month. But she is on a different diet this time, so need to see if it works. If this Friday shows a lost of 1.5 or more, she will know it works, and will seriously considering packing the scale away until Christmas (when she hopes to make goal).

RawrGirl is feeling anxious about weigh-in Friday. She only needs to lose 1.6 pounds per week to make Christmas goal, but the only diet RawrGirl ever lost a decent amount of weight on was Ketogenic, and this time around she is allowing herself to eat carbs. Friday's weigh-in will be the first confirmation that this diet is, or is not, working. And RawrGirl will be really dissapointed if it doesn't work. 1.6 -- that all she's asking. *sigh*

You can do it xxxxxxx

So RawrGirl was very VERY nervous this morning (expecting to see Sonoma/eating carbs) does not result in weight loss, and so she decided to take her measurments first. Thank God she did!

-.25 in waist
-.25 in hips
-.25 in navel
-.25 in thigh

So all excited, RawrGirl then jumped on the scale.

Half a bloody pound.

Thank God RawrGirl took measurements first, BECAUSE those measurements are the equivelant of a 2 pound loss. She checked her 2012 record of measurements and scale losses. For every inch lost in the waist, RawrGirl loses 10 pounds. So why the demon scales are not showing her the two pound loss, she has no idea. But the measurements don't lie -- unlike demon scales. So RawrGirl, while pretty dissapointed to not see 145 in bright red letters, which means she can't update her Minimins profile, or her signature, or the Minimins Christmas challange (GRRRR :rant2:), mentally she needs to keep reminding herself that this diet (eating carbs) is working exactly the same as the last time when she reached goal (extreme low carbs), and not to give up just because demon scales is being a jerk. She knows that all that matters is her measurements -- the key to getting back into her thin clothes.

Such a low scale loss would have driven RawrGirl to binge all weekend because diet was not working, and then she would have restarted a brand new plan on Monday feeling very discouraged and hopeless and depressed.

RawrGirl's mantra for this weekend: Measurements are all that matter.
Measurements are all that matter. Measurements are all that matter.

UPDATE: Scale is finally showing a full pound loss, so 146. But RawrGirl is still not pleased with the scale. She needs to decide whether to pack it away until Christmas or to see if it shows a 3 pound loss next week, making up for this week.

Last edited:
Hey that's great!! The measurements are more important than the scales anyway IMO but even so 1lb off is really good xxx

Hello RG I'm here to subscribe. I'm starting Exante today. And have just said to myself I must buy a tape measure for my inch loss. So thanks as this is also a wise guide to follow.

Keep at it Hun. X

Hello RG I'm here to subscribe. I'm starting Exante today. And have just said to myself I must buy a tape measure for my inch loss. So thanks as this is also a wise guide to follow.

Keep at it Hun. X

Without a doubt, keep a measurement record. In reality, they are all that counts. What difference does the scale matter if you fit/look great in clothes!!!

Good luck, and it's great to meet you!

Back