Boofaloos unit diet progress

LOL. Bad example - moi?... NEVER. :D

Having a very good day today. It's tea time already - the day has gone very quickly.

will update todays menu later on as i need to add to it yet.

Heres what i've eaten today:

Frosties, skimmed milk
Banana

2 slices white bread 0.5
ham 0.5
cucmber, lettuce

3 chocolate biscuits 4.5
2 plums

4 fish fingers 1`
peas
jacket spud

2 slices bread o.5
quark

Total units 7

Does anyone else think i'm eating to many carbs? It's hard when you've done a VLCD to adjust to eating again especially carbohydrates. I am trying to cut down but feel quite hungry if i do. Today has been a good day though, havent felt hungry once.

Morning!

As long as you are not stuffing yourself silly and feeling like you've eaten too much then IMO you are not eating too many carbs. The handbook does say that we should eat until satisfied and since most carb foods like cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes are free or very low units I guess we are supposed to use them to fill us up - I have to say I'm kinda shocked at how many units red meat is!! :eek: I'll be sticking to poultry & fish.

Today's my first day so i could be talking utter BS but the logic fits - well at least in my ickle head anyway!! If you are losing the pounds then I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps if your losses slow or stop altogether it may be worth reviewing your carb intake (and free foods in general) but other than that I would say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Bye for now!

Thanks Farkie - you are right. Very wise words and made me feel better so please stick around. :)

I am trying not to overstuff myself - it's funny though i was talking to a friend yesterday about it and saying i find it hard to tell when i'mcomfortably full. Usually it's when i feel sickand cant move anymore! :D
BUT having said that i'm trying to listen to my body more and am starting to see improvements!

Having fun today. Yesterday a flat tyre today the thing wont start! Luckily i have home start so am just waiting for my AA man to come and rescue me. Getting a bit fed up with the car but it's the first 2 things that have ever happened in 2 years so i should be grateful - i'm not though just really annoyed! :)

WTF!! Oh no ... that's rotten luck hun!! Here's hoping the AA man turns out to be a bit of eye candy then!! That'll make it all worth while then chick!!! PMSL!!!

Just picking up on your overeating thing - I'm the world's biggest culprit. Could literally eat myself silly. One night I polished off a whole bag of cadbury's variety pack - even though I was satisfied after 1 - just couldn't stop myself! Wondered afterwards why I was soooo ill?!! A friend recommended the beyond chocolate book and I have to say I have since found it invaluable!!

While I can't say I trust myself to be able to eat what I want when I want it as the book suggests (dam those chatterboxes and their sweet tooths), I love the principles the book is centred on. Since reading it and subsequently listening to my body more I have noticed that a lot of the time I am eating because the clock says it's a meal time rather than because I'm actually hungry - and surprisingly now find myself waiting until I am hungry to eat. The result has been I'm snacking less in between meals. The book also advocates eating slower and without distractions so that you focus on what you are eating - and since eating my meals off a plate and to the table I've been eating less AND ACTUALLY LEAVING FOOD I DON'T WANT .... who'd have thought a foodie like me would be able to do that!!!

I really would recommend giving Beyond Chocolate a read - even if the only thing you take from it is to learn to listen to your bod, it's well worth it IMO!!!

Why can't I ever write a short post!! PMSL!!

LOL, i like long posts - it keeps my mind off food. :)

i will keep an eye out for that book. I am thinking more about hunger and psychological hunger, it's all very interesting and quite complex when you research it.

AA man has been and although he wasnt that good looking it was worth flirting with him as he sorted my tyres out and fixed my car! :)

Feeling in a better place now. AM just enjoying a bag of wotsits - havent had any for ages and for 2 units thought they'd be a nice treat.

Heres what i've eaten today. I've picked a lot today and felt quite hungry but i've managed to stay within my units allowance.

Frosties
Banana

2 plums

Bag of wotsits – 2

2` slices bread 0.5
1` rasher bacon 0.5
tomato sauce

Small box smarties (treat size) 2

2 slices bread 0.5
ham 0.5
salad

bowl of special k

jacket potato
vegetable chilli

s/c ice cream 2

Total units 8

Hiya, i too suffer from never being full until I feel sick there is no in between i tried to do ww core but as that focuses on hunger signals I never did very well, I am glad you have managed to stay within units today as I need some inspiration xx

I have had the biggest fried breakfast ever this morning!!. 2 rashers of bacon and an egg, 4 slices toast and a full tin of beans! it cost me 5 units but i reckon it'll keep me going until tea time, i'm stuffed!

Having an ok day today. Feel a bit down and fed up. Really need to get off my butt and do something. Still got issues about moving house. I want to and DH says we can but i know he isnt too keen. I want the house to magically get itself sorted to be sold and am annoyed that their are jobs to do that I cant manage - like painting the front of the house. (i'm too scared to climb up the ladder!) Because DH isnt too bothered about moving he isnt as proactive as i would like. I'm also really worried about moving. I know where i want to live but it means a lot of sacrifice on my hubby's part and i dont think it's fair. Sorry for rambling. Hubby is in meetings all day and to be honest is sick of hearing me go on about moving so i've got noone else i can talk to!

Todays food:

4 slices toast 1
baked beans 1`
egg 1.5
bacon 1
jam 0.5

snack a jacks 2

jam sandwich 1

2 bowls frosties

jacket potato, quark and vegetables

Total units 8

Hi hon, sorry your feeling down maybe its worth having a proper discussion with the hubby and decide if your really going to move or not and write a list of all that needs to be done etc at least then you will have it clear in your mind your brekky sounds yummy xx

Hey Hun, Dont go moving away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you yesterday, seems like you have this unit diet sorted of the past couple a days have anything to go by, well done for getting your head in the right place.

Will see you on tuesday, but you can always text or ring me if you need to offload re moving house, dont forget our coffee after we have got the brats off to school.

Thought Togo would be nice, can get the comfy sofa by the window, and then Ill get a salad box to take home for lunch!!!

Speak soon x

Thanks Katie - we had a good chat last night and think we are staying put for a little while longer.

Vicky - Not moving away - i want kids to stay at school, thinking of Brighouse so would be closer to you if anything!! :)

Feeling ok today. Have loads of stuff to list on ebay so that'll take most of the day up - thats if i can find the blooming camera. I had a long ride on my horse yesterday which was great exercise and also helped clear the cobwebs.
Lookin forward to my food today - i am so pleased i'm not doing a VLCD anymore! :D Dont get me wrong though i think they're great but you have to be a stronger person than i am at the moment to succeed. :)

Right off for my frosties and to find the camera - I hate it when i lose something!!

Todays food:

Special k
frosties
skimmed milk

Soup 0.5
Bread 1
Snacka jacks 2

apple
s/c ice cream 0.5

4 biscuits. 4 units

veg curry
rice 0.5

8 units

Hello all.

I was a bit naughty and weighed myself this morning - BAD MOVE> i weighed 13st 13lbs. :( Thtas a pound more than last week and as you'll know from my menus i've stuck to it 100%. I know it may be water retention and that weight fluctuates etc etc but to be honest i think it's pants!
I wasnt expecting massive result on this diet but i wanted 2 lbs a week at least. This week i have ridden my horse 5 times, taken kids for a walk, swam and eaten healthily - i expected to be a couple of pounds down.
I am only giving this until Tuesday - I will carry on being 100% until then and if i'm not 13st 11lbs then i'm moving over to weight watchers.
For this much effort i expect results and i'm rapidly losing faith in the unit diet.

Ok i'm over my tantrum now. Still a bit fed up but refuse to give in. I may be retaining water as TOTM is near - i'll givemyself the benefit of the doubt. I just wish i knew the diet worked.

Unit Diet daily menu plan

Frosties

2 apples

Ham salad sandwich no butter. 2 units

Scone – 2 units

Gingerbread man – 2 units

Pasta with tuna, spring onions and 40g reduced fat cheese – 3.5 units

2 litres of water

Total units 9.5

Hi,

I'm counting calories, not on the unit diet, but your menus look okay, so think you should be losing weight. I don't practise what I preach as I am a real scales junkie, but it is not good to jump on and off the scales.
I am sure that you are right and it is just water retention.
When is your official weigh in day?
Sure it is just a blip, keep up the good work and it will deffo pay off :)

Hey Helen

Don't get down about it. Just think that it may just be the previous week catching up with you, that hapens to me all the time. I speak to a woman on another forum and she swears that including normal food in the diet works for her, I have to agree I very rarely eat a lot of zero foods, i just use them to bulk meals out. I'm more likely to have weetabix for breakfast than free cereal, I tend to snack on things like bagels rather than cereal.

Looking at your diarys this week you've done really well, so don't get down, it's probably cos you've increased your exercise this week. Stop weighing yourself and wait for weigh day....and i'll practice what I preach :D

Love Lou xxx

Helen, you know that after doing CD then it will take a bit of time for the weight to come off, but come off it will, trust me x

Back