California Dreamin'

Well done! that's Brilliant! :)

Thank you so much! Big test today, am at a conference and this is going to be fairly demanding. I feel a but apprehensive to be honest. But life is full of these kinds of tests so let's give it a go.

Fairly good week so far, I've gone to the gym and am eating reasonably well. Today I'm working from home and the plan is to have the following:

- yoghurt and granola
- fruit as a snack
- omelette and toast
- sweet and sour chicken made in the slow cooker for dinner

Gym in the evening and basically a good day of focusing on the things that I want to achieve. It's important to do it small step by small step, because I only live in this moment, but what I do has enormous repercussions for the future. I also am reading a book about self-control and I want to apply the strategies from that to this - about preparing for hot spots and how to cool that down to make sensible decisions.

All going reasonably well, but I want to explore when I overeat, why, and what could I do differently. So yesterday, I had soup and oatcakes for lunch, and then there was leftover sandwiches from a catering event. I had half a roll and a packet of cheese and onion crisps. On the way home, my partner was late picking me up and rather than wait in the cold for twenty minutes I got a hot chocolate for the journey home; at home after dinner, I had half a slice of lemon drizzle cake.

The roll and the crisps:
- I had finished my lunch, and was feeling a bit hungry
- I had nothing else to eat and was a bit panicked at the thought of another four hours without anything else to eat
- The rolls that the caterers bring are really tasty
- I love crisps and they are a weakness of mine

What could I have done differently?
- Said no, I don't actually like crisps

Strategies:
- keep an emergency snack back
- brush my teeth
- re-do my make up and put on perfume
- clear my desk and make it professional
- text a few people
- look at pics of me 100 lbs ago and then 150 lbs lighter
- don't go and see any food!
- email someone a lengthy update
- tell myself I can have anything I want later on if I still fancy it
- remember that it's rarely that nice
- remind myself of 100 reasons why I don't want to do this!

Hot chocolate: why?
- freezing cold and didn't want to wait for another twenty minutes
- if I was going to pay for a drink, wanted a tasty comforting chocolately one!

Alternative strategies:
- have a macchiato instead!

Some good ideas/thoughts there :)
icon19.gif

New year, new set of resolutions:

- do it now
- lose 50 lbs
- cherish the love of my life
- save £10,500
- expert witness: be an awesome employee
- go the gym 150 times
- cycle 1000 km
- climb 5000 fights of stairs
- no fast food in 2015
- make the most of myself

New year, new set of resolutions:

- do it now
- lose 50 lbs
- cherish the love of my life
- save £10,500
- expert witness: be an awesome employee
- go the gym 150 times
- cycle 1000 km
- climb 5000 fights of stairs
- no fast food in 2015
- make the most of myself

That is SOME set of resolutions !
Need to have a think myself on some....

Thanks Zafira, I do like making resolutions I must say!!! New year and new start and all that.

Off work today, so that's been nice. Spent the day cleaning up and tidying and sorting, which felt very cleansing - getting ready for the new year? The Christmas tree and decorations are just down, so it feels a bit sad but ready for a new year of losing that fifty pounds. I haven't done too well on it yet, still picking at sweets and stuff, but made a food plan for the week coming up. I am so ready for this, and I've been very public about my goals, so I'm hoping that helps keep me in check too.

Off to watch some rubbish TV in a bit - breaking bad perhaps, or first season of Homeland (not seen that yet), then a distinctly unhealthy-ish corned beef hash when I can get my act together to make it.

Thanks Zafira!

Lovely day here for once - sun is shining and I'm about to go out for some light shopping lol. Learned a valuable lesson and had a breakfast before going, a M&S yoghurt/granola. Not sure how *bad* that is, but compared to Christmas and New Year it's like health in a bottle (well, yoghurt pot).

Feeling good and ready for this year. I love a plan, and I have been so public about what it is that I am trying to achieve!

It was my birthday yesterday, so am sure that I'm going to see a bit of an increase tomorrow. Never mind, that's to be expected. I'm trying something a little different, I'm actually experimenting with 5:2, and it is working well for me so far. I like the simplicity of it and the fact that it takes my mind off food twice a week. I'm being very careful and seeing if it can be done or not, and if I can't then I switch back to SW. But it does seem to work nicely for many people, and I know quite a lot of people who have permanently lost weight through it.

Week three weigh-in and I've lost 6.4 lbs. Very pleased :)

Back