Cambridge crisps!!!

I think so long as you only "cook" one pack a day, whether that's the muffin, the crisps or even freezing to make lollies, it doesn't really matter about the nutritional content. Mummysims is right: far better to eat Cambridge crisps than Kettle chips! I'd love to try this but don't have any baking paper in at present - I'll have to ask my neighbour later! I've always been intrigued by the crisp recipe but never had the courage to try. Seeing the picture really makes me want to though, so Cambslass thanks for sharing.

Hahaa i read it before i sent it hungry, and i had to double glance it ..nigella vs nutella and i was the one who wrote it haha!! chocolate on the brain!! I had apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast and i took a few spoonfuls of it and tried the same technique..they were more soft soooo i think the chocolate ones would be amazing as cookies as they have a more soft chewy texture!! Bars left for today so will have to give it a whizz tomorrow:D the little things keep me happy haha! Countrybumpkin defo get your hands on some baking paper and have a go, you wont regret it:D

I didnt use grease proof paper , I used the glass dish that's used in the microwave !

Worked ok for me .

Can't wait to know how the choc ones come out ?

Interpret the word "muffin" very loosely, or you'll be disappointed!

Put maybe 2-3 teaspoons of warm water in a mug, add in your powdered shake (I use chocolate but cookies and cream is the best, if anyone of you have those packs lying around) and fold it together until it looks like a sticky mess. Zap it in the microwave for 50 seconds and Bob's your uncle!

Mmm that sounds lovely! I mix my chocolate shakes to the same consistency as how u would make the crisps, and pop it in the microwave so its like a warm chocolate custard :D hungry, u could save a little of your pack when u do country bumpkins mug muffin and use it to make a little chocolate custard so it will be like a little cake with sauce yum!x

I just tried to make crisps and got it horribly wrong. I can't cook, it's reason #4513209 why I'm obese. My oriental chili crisps looked and tasted vile, so I guess I got the consistency wrong. I'd love to try the chocolate custard thing but I don't really want to waste another pack. Maybe you could post a picture of the consistency you mean? Because I really am a beginner when it comes to the kitchen!

Hi all,
I don't want to be the party pooper of your new found snack but if you're using one of your shakes to do this then you're destroying 1/3 of your daily nutrients. You might not be too bothered about how this may affect your health and you it might be a better option than reaching for the kettle chips, but you should definitely be concerned about how it might affect your weight loss. You've probably heard people say that low calorie diets cause your body to go into starvation mode? Well this is true; but it's not from lack of calories, it's from lack of nutrition. That why CWP and other formulated low calorie diets work...you're low on calories but because you're getting all the nutrition you need your body doesn't go into starvation mode and loses fat. If you're only having 2/3 of your daily nutrition then you risk your body going into the infamous "starvation mode" and your body may hold on to your fat stores because it's scared by the lack of nutrition. You'll hear people say "I did it and it didn't affect my weight loss" but I don't know how anyone can ever say that? How does anyone know what their weight loss would have been? How can they know whether they'd have lost another pound of not each week if they'd done things differently?
Anyway, feel free to carry on if you wish...it doesn't affect me. But I wouldn't want you to all be doing this without knowing the affect it might have on your weight loss. Surely we all want maximum possible weight loss each week to reduce the amount of time it takes to reach our goals? I don't know why anyone would jeopardise that?! I hope you take this information as an attempt to give helpful advice, as that's how it's intended.
:) x

Hi all,
I don't want to be the party pooper of your new found snack but if you're using one of your shakes to do this then you're destroying 1/3 of your daily nutrients. You might not be too bothered about how this may affect your health and you it might be a better option than reaching for the kettle chips, but you should definitely be concerned about how it might affect your weight loss. You've probably heard people say that low calorie diets cause your body to go into starvation mode? Well this is true; but it's not from lack of calories, it's from lack of nutrition. That why CWP and other formulated low calorie diets work...you're low on calories but because you're getting all the nutrition you need your body doesn't go into starvation mode and loses fat. If you're only having 2/3 of your daily nutrition then you risk your body going into the infamous "starvation mode" and your body may hold on to your fat stores because it's scared by the lack of nutrition. You'll hear people say "I did it and it didn't affect my weight loss" but I don't know how anyone can ever say that? How does anyone know what their weight loss would have been? How can they know whether they'd have lost another pound of not each week if they'd done things differently?
Anyway, feel free to carry on if you wish...it doesn't affect me. But I wouldn't want you to all be doing this without knowing the affect it might have on your weight loss. Surely we all want maximum possible weight loss each week to reduce the amount of time it takes to reach our goals? I don't know why anyone would jeopardise that?! I hope you take this information as an attempt to give helpful advice, as that's how it's intended.

Hiya!

Thanks for this :)

It's good to see the explanation rather than just hearing that you shouldn't do it.

I'm not using a whole pack though, just about 2 tea spoons of it & then using the rest for soup.

Surely that can't make a difference? It really did stop me eating pizza tonight!

I'm odd & my favourite part of pizza is the crust, my fiancé always leaves his & I eat them.

Managed to not steal them off his plate tonight by picking at my oriental flavour crisps!!

Interpret the word "muffin" very loosely, or you'll be disappointed!

Put maybe 2-3 teaspoons of warm water in a mug, add in your powdered shake (I use chocolate but cookies and cream is the best, if anyone of you have those packs lying around) and fold it together until it looks like a sticky mess. Zap it in the microwave for 50 seconds and Bob's your uncle!

I tried that yesterday and ended up with exactly the same sticky mess but it was hot, it went in the bin :mad: what did i do wrong?

Probably nothing. The "finished" product doesn't look that much better than the sticky mess, but has a more solid consistency. You need to use the whole packet, so if you used anything less that might be it. Alternatively, maybe I'm the one doing it incorrectly - it's just one of those recipes I found on this website. I royally screwed up the crisps so my methods probably aren't the best!

Hi all,

I understand all this but I'm not going to beat myself up if I cook or freeze one pack a week. I was told that processing doesn't destroy all the nutritional value, just diminishes it. I don't know how true that is. But the fact is I'd be kidding myself if I believed that I got all my daily nutrients before the diet, so the odd day during is not going to kill me. I'm looking at anywhere up to a year on Cambridge, so if I need that little bit of variety to keep me going, I'm going to take it.

image.jpgCountryb, this is the kind of consistency i mean! And these are chocolate mint ones..i cant quite decide if i would prefer to have them as a shake, i think its because i gobbled them down so quick wish i had more haha! But they were nice :) x

The first one i done separately and it was crunchy..the rest i done all together and they were chewy x

Oh that was for the cookies..the crisps were crunchy :) x

Back