Cambridge weight plan - April 2014 start - any buddies to share my (hunger) pain? Xx

Keep coming on here as well. These folks are super at keeping me on track

Well I done it today! Actually felt really good! How are you going lizzrob? Do you eat anything or is it just shakes etc?

Well I done it today! Actually felt really good! How are you going lizzrob? Do you eat anything or is it just shakes etc?

I'm on SS. So nothing but CD stuff (and water/peppermint tea) for me

Current loss: 17lbs and 12 inches

Hi guys! I'm completely new to this but have been reading all of the stories and I'm sooo excited to start. I have my first meeting on Friday with a CDC. Can anyone tell me how the first meeting goes? What do you do? Do you get your meals there and then? I'll be doing SS I think judging by all the info I've read!

Like everyone else, I've done other diets and failed! I think the stricter 'no food' approach is hopefully going to be the one for me! Plus the losses are so quick I'm hoping that'll keep me motivated! All of these threads have definitely spurred me on!

Any by info you can give will be a great help!!

Make sure you have your measurements taken and you do some day 1 photos. Wear light clothes that you can wear every weigh in.

There are loads of flavours so have a look online at what there is and ask for a selection. You're not allowed bars for the first 2 weeks though but you are allowed porridge and rice pudding.

The first 3 days are hard physically and mentally, but by the end of week 1, you'll be in ketosis and in full swing! Oh and find things to keep you distracted!!! Drink loads of water too :)

Do you have to have porridge/rice pudding because I hate both! Haha. I can't wait to get started. I take it she'll have supplies there and not have to order etc? So I can start straight away!

Hi everyone i have just started CD I'm going into day 3 tomorrow and am doing ss so just 3 packets and water!
I've not found it too bad. A few hunger pains now and then but I fill myself up on water and decaf coffee and try and keep busy. Well done to all of you who have stuck it out and had great losses on this. I think the no food approach helps big time as when I eat I can't stop myself eating all the crap :/
I have my first weigh in Monday and can't wait... I have been super strict withy self so am hoping for a good loss!
michb.... You don't have to have the porridge/rice pudding you can just have shakes if you like :)
keep in touch and let me know how you get on.
x

Welcome along Kirsty and well done for sticking at it :) it'll be worth it at weigh in :)

Morning,
3rd weigh in yesterday and lost 6lbs! 13lbs in 3 weeks! I love cambridge ❤️

well done hun thats super!!!! How are you coping with SS now?

All of the amazing losses make me so excited! I feel more motivated to do this than I have any other diet! I think these threads are super motivational as well so hopefully they'll help on the journey!

All of the amazing losses make me so excited! I feel more motivated to do this than I have any other diet! I think these threads are super motivational as well so hopefully they'll help on the journey!

Oh you have the bug :) that's super!!! It's much easier when you can see purpose in what you're doing :)

Getting on so much better now thanks lizzrob, I have so much more energy it's fantastic!

Getting on so much better now thanks lizzrob, I have so much more energy it's fantastic!

That's what I like to hear hun! That's super! :)

Day 1 today. Does anyone find it helpful to have shakes at later times? I was thinking of having one about 11am, then one about 3.30pm then one at 8pm. This is in the hope that I won't have evening munchies! Also, random though, but can you split the shakes...so have 6 small shakes a day?

Yup, I have mine at 1,6 and 9

Okay, so I'm at the end of day 2 and feeling extremely proud! I found day 1 realllyyyy tough and a real test of my will power! Day 2 was easier! I think day 1 there was the niggles in my head saying 'you can start tomorrow' because I was nowhere near ketosis! I am still hungry but finding it manageable! I've had a headache today which I guess is normal. I've drank plenty of water (couldn't sleep until 3am last night due to tireless trips to the bathroom)!! So today I haven't drank water past 7pm and so far (fingers crossed) I haven't peed as much! I'm looking forward to tomorrow as I'm back at work so I think I'll find it easier...glad it's day 3 at work as everyone seems to say it's the worst! Fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow! How is everyone getting on?

Starting over the weekend is really tough so you've done well. I like work being there as a distraction, and soon, any hunger you feel with be mental or emotional, not physical.

I'm on to day 36 today, and still going strong! :) 5th weigh in tomorrow evening :( I hate evening weigh in's!

Day 36!! I can only hope I get that far! I actually found day 1 the worst. The hunger is definitely settling but I think it's psychological really. More cravings than hunger! I bought some Ketostix today and it was showing I am nearing deep ketosis! Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better! I woke up really hungry today so I'm hoping that tomorrow I won't be as hungry! At the beginning of the week I didn't think it would et easier but it definitely does! I think I might do a countdown calendar so I can cross a day off everyday! Hopefully keep me motivated! How are you finding it day 36? Does it really become a routine? Have you had any food in the time at all?

Back