Total Solution Candy's Diary =)

Quirky_Candy

Hello, I've been on here before and boy, did it go wrong. Not because of the diet, because of life!

I'll start with the negative and then tell you about all the amazing positives!

I started TS on 4th August 2or3 years ago I (I think) and I managed to do it for over 28 days without cheating. Now I know what some of you think that means, you probably think I had to odd bit of squash, some chewing gum, maybe the odd meal which I flatly denied after- No, I was totally behaved. I have a very bad memory but I think that I may have had sugar-free coffee at work but it was little and not very often. Now, I lost a lot of weight, I was over the moon. I didn't want to have the food break and my own life got a little crazy and somehow I just gave up... mostly on myself more so than the diet. I got glandular fever (americans call it mono), then a few months later I got Whooping Cough (I'm vaccinated but I'm one of the lucky few who has a body that doesn't case if you're vaccinated or not!) and then just to top all of that off, I got pleurisy a few months after WC. So, I ate, I ate a lot. Good food, bad food, throw in a sprinkling of TRYING to go to the gym despite being absolutely exhausted and a few bad relationships that just bad me want to eat myself to oblivion.

Now for the good news. I started TS again on 15/07, so 10 days ago, and I've lost 10 pounds in 11 days so far. I have had a boyfriend for over a year and we want to have a family but my shins have been hurting, my clothes are all too small for me (even all my 'fat' clothes) and so I decided enough was enough. I am the heaviest I have ever been which is a real shame because the last time I posted I was the lightest I had ever been but you know what, I'm gonna be lighter before long!

So currently I am not taking any birth control, we're not avidly trying, just seeing where things go. I'm keeping an eye on my cycle in case I get pregnant whilst on exante. I know I'll need to up my calories if I do but if I do not then my plan is to do TS for at least 6 weeks and if I feel like I can do another 4 weeks I'll get another load of the stuff and then I want to PHASE myself off exante very carefully. I was so determined last time not to gain the weight back on again but I was stupid about it, I thought I could suddenly eat everything in sight and beat myself up about this but I didn't know I had glandular fever at the time and infact, I was eating just to feel awake. The phasing I want to do consists of this: 1st week after TS, eating 200 extra cals a week, 2nd week after eating 400 cals extra, 3rd week 600 extra and 4th week 800 extra. I've thought about how tiring it is to stick to the plan and how many social ocassions seem to crop up that revolve around food and I know I can say no long enough to survive doing this 2 months at least.
The plan if I do get pregnant is to just throw my hands in the air and cheer but try to just approach healthy eating as best I can and not eat any carbs in the evening.

So positives so far now I am on Day 11??

My shins which were seriously worrying me because it was agony to walk to work are not hurting at all.
This nervous feeling that I'm one day just going to fall asleep and be confirmed as diabetic has gone. I have MORE energy eating vastly less than I have been recently.
My boyfriend is I think impressed I've kept it up this long.
I can do it for as long as I need to do it and I've lost lots already! One of the things that disheartened me last time was my first week was 4lbs loss and the second week I believe =( So This time I've surpassed that already =D

I probably need to update my signature to reflect my new stats so shall be doing that shortly but I started on 15th July at... 15 STONE 5 POUNDS, argh! Today I weigh 14st 9lbs which is a vast improvement.

So I'm back! I'm an avid fan of this diet and I hope to share my thoughts and ravings with you guys as I did last time =)

Back