CHALLENGE!!! Calorie counting and 30 day shred!

Hi all, how is everyone doing. I've just done L2 D1- killer! But... Just when I think I can't keep going- it changes to something else. I'm doing all the easier moves but on one set of arm raises I had to put the weights down as I couldn't do it with the weights the second time round! Still...I did it...yay!!!
I don't think I'm using my abs though? So might do some bicycle crunches this evening

I'm sticking to the exercise routine really well, but my diet is a nightmare- craving lots of naughty things- not sure if its because of the exercise? I just cannot behave myself! Maybe in the back of my mind I'm thinking the exercise will make up for it! But I know it won't and I won't lose any weight of I keep making the wrong choices! I want to be toned- but don't want it under a layer of fat!

I've done some reading and I know the first 2/3 weeks of a new exercise regime can make your muscles swell and retain water so you can temporarily become bigger and heavier. I don't want my brain to use this as an excuse if I gain inches/ pounds, when really I know any gain will be as a result of bad food choices!
It's sooooooo hard when I'm staying with the OH though and you want to cook nice meals etc! Grrrrrr! Hard day today!! :(

But will try to focus on the positives...L2 D1!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376475314.151581.jpg

It's really difficult! I'm terrible for using exercise as an excuse to eat more, but it's not really going to make up for it! I've been awful this week. Giving myself until Friday then getting back on it!

Rather than worrying about calories too much, just try and focus on eating healthy when with the OH. You can make a lovely meal and still make something healthy. How about a nice steak with roasted veggies? Mmmmmm

It's really difficult! I'm terrible for using exercise as an excuse to eat more, but it's not really going to make up for it! I've been awful this week. Giving myself until Friday then getting back on it!

Rather than worrying about calories too much, just try and focus on eating healthy when with the OH. You can make a lovely meal and still make something healthy. How about a nice steak with roasted veggies?

I don't know why this week is so hard!! It's because I know the weekend will be awful, I think and my brain is sabotaging me in advance perhaps??
That's a good plan about the calories as when I know I've gone over I just think 'sod it' and eat crap or buy a ridiculously calorific pudding or something! My own worst enemy. Tonight will be fish and veggies I think! With strawberries sans melons for desert! Thanks for the motivational 'man up!!' Ha ha!
Hope you have a good day xxImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376480158.561579.jpg

So a good food day in the end yesterday ! Thanks for the motivation guys!! I had baked fish and veggies for dinner and strawberries and squirty cream for pudding- who knew how low cal that is compared to any other type of cream! And it actually tastes nice!

I feel like my stomach is sticking out more and I snore flabby somehow?
Will weigh myself tomo before festival bit am not measuring until day 20!

So L2 D2 done- evil planks! Managed to use a lower weights the whole way through instead of higher weights at the beginning, then none later on, like yesterday as my arms wouldn't move!

Just considering C210k to get more cardio in prior to festival as I won't be exercising at all on Saturday or Sunday and will be eating and drinking naughties!
Have a great day everyone!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376565174.283112.jpg

Hmmm, stupid iPhone! That " I snore more flabby" should read, "I feel I'm more flabby" lol!

Ok so just caved in and did c210k! Feel pretty good now! Can't believe I. "Caved in" and did exercise instead of caving in and eating junk!
Sorry my posts are so long & frequent on here- I feel like its an added motivation to do exercise and then write it all down!
Have a great day! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376570803.598133.jpg

Well done. Your doing great
I have been eating lots more than normal as I have been using exercise as an excuse.
I am going to be on day 8 of insanity fast and furious today . I look bloated but am definitely finding it easier. Back to strict counting today. Don't want to weigh myself as I know I've put on and it will demotivate me!
Keep going!

Wow, well done, i know someone who's done shred and insanity and they said insanity is way harder! how are you finding it? How long do you have to do it for and how often?

God I know, bloody calories, it's so hard isn't it!

But at least we have realised what we're doing early on, so we can change it! And I wasn't doing cardio every 3rd day either until yesterday!
We still have OVER HALF the time left to rectify it!
I'm pretty sure I've gained :( hope the scales are kind in the morning as if I've gone up I know I'll just think "sod it" and eat and drink really badly all weekend! However, lots of people comment they lose, gain, lose and the biggest difference happens in the last 5-7 days!
Really hope that's the case!
Be strong! We can do this!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376576979.917066.jpg

Hey there :) today was my first day of the 30 day shred, quite enjoyed it looking forward to tomorrow! (Saying that now prob won't be saying it in the morning when my muscles are sore haha) Sounds like you are doing really well :)

Hey there :) today was my first day of the 30 day shred, quite enjoyed it looking forward to tomorrow! (Saying that now prob won't be saying it in the morning when my muscles are sore haha) Sounds like you are doing really well :)

Hey, we'll done on joining in! It actually goes quite fast and after about the first 3 days you feel you're doing the moves better, upping your weight etc!

Keep going! I'm at a festival this weekend and think I'm actually going to miss it...even though it kills me!! Ha ha!
L2 D3 done! And off to festival with 1lb loss! Yay! Will prob put that and more will be back on by Monday though- eeek!
Have a great weekend. Guys! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1376671951.253666.jpg

Hi dropandgimee. I'm doing fast and furious as I can't afford proper insanity. What do u make of insanity? X

Hey, how's everyone doing? V festival was great- way to scared to weigh as was VERY naughty and didn't shred for 3 whole days- EEEKK!
Anyway, going to try and be good this week- managed L2 D4 this morning- might give c210k a go this evening to get more cardio in!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377001161.858158.jpg

L2 D6- killer!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377167060.432519.jpg

So I weighed in! Gained a pound! Weirdly I'm not too bothered as I'm pretty sure I consumed about 4000 calories of junk food and alcohol a day
At the festival! Hopefully will have a good week next week!
L2 D7 of the shred done- still killing me!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377250370.067704.jpg

L2 D8 done (Although am 4 days behind) Grrrrr!
I'm still struggling so much with level 2 and I HATE this level! Just get soooo out of breath and I cannot do those plank twist things so been doing bicycle crunches instead :(
I'm not sure if its because I had 3 days off for festival and another day off yesterday as was hungover :(
Perhaps I'll have to add in days at the end- maybe the 4 I didn't do consecutively because I'm pretty sure I'm NOT ready for level 3 in 2 days!!
Not been eating great either, so pretty sure that's a factor! Also having some aching in my left Achilles and round the outter side of my foot- makes it even less fun :( but have done c210k in the OH's lounge today too- might have to actually go outside once the running parts get longer!!
Will weigh in when I get home and see if there's any weight change!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377431962.982440.jpg

L2 D9 done....NOT feeling at all ready for level 3 in two days- eeeekkk!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377683047.117256.jpg

L2 D10 done! Ankle feeling a bit better! Not sure I'm ready for level 3 tomorrow though- EEEKK!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1377787115.166114.jpg

Back