Charleybarley tries WW

Charleybarley

Gold Member
Hey all

This will be my foody woody diary - I have a weight loss diary already - but I thought I would start posting my foods somewhere too. As the heading states, I have always done SW, but I always struggled with controlling my portions on it, with using low fat versions of food that are very chemically enhanced and also with the fact that I can't drink too much vino without going over my syns! I did WW for 3 weeks in Jan and lost 9lbs, stupidly I missed the portion sizes of SW so the last couple of weeks I went back to my beloved SW and gained! I like a drink on a weekend and I felt that SW is too restrictive for that.

Anyhow, food today:

B - Muller Greek Yogurt (I bought a load of these when I was on SW and need to use them!) and strawbs (3sp)
L - 2x Warburton thins with chicken and half an avocado (welcome back into my life you beautiful green thing!) and flora light spread (14sp)
D - Count on Us Beef Lasagne (12sp) with salad
S - Warburton thin with marmite (3sp) - this is my hunger buffer when I get hungry on the way home (which I may not need) and Chocolate Nougat thing (12sp)

38 + 6 from my weekly = 44sp
Per day I get 38
Per week I get 42 (I have used all of these up already, I am running on daily points until Friday!)

Wish me luck!

Welcome to WW! I didn't get on with SW but absolutely love WW, at last WI I had lost 20lbs in 7wks and not felt deprived at all! Anyways any questions pleas ask and I have a diary if you need any inspiration or just a WW chin wag! X

Welcome to WW! I didn't get on with SW but absolutely love WW, at last WI I had lost 20lbs in 7wks and not felt deprived at all! Anyways any questions pleas ask and I have a diary if you need any inspiration or just a WW chin wag! X

Hiya, thanks for stopping by. I think I Remember you from the SW forum actually - the power puff name rings a bell. I will have a little lookey lou over on your diary for a bit of inspiration

xx

Hiya, thanks for stopping by. I think I Remember you from the SW forum actually - the power puff name rings a bell. I will have a little lookey lou over on your diary for a bit of inspiration

xx

I'm not sure if I ever went on the SW Forum?!? Only lasted a pathetic couple of weeks on that disastrous plan! There was a few of us (Will) PowerPuff Girls so might of been one of the others x

I'm not sure if I ever went on the SW Forum?!? Only lasted a pathetic couple of weeks on that disastrous plan! There was a few of us (Will) PowerPuff Girls so might of been one of the others x

OH I SEE!! That's probably where I have seen the name...forgive my ignorance but what is (Will) Power Puff Girls?

I was reading some of your diary last night, well I started at the beginning - loving your dedication, then realised I would never get through 530 odd pages, so I will go to the end and start from your January comeback! You have lots of wicked support - its great to see.

Have a good strong day!
x

Tuesday 23rd Feb

B - Yogurt and Strawbs (3sp)
L - 1x Thin with chicken and flora light (5sp) and Crisps (4sp)
PDS* - 1x Thin with marmite (3sp)
D - Steak (5sp) Chips (7sp) and Salad with LF dressing (1sp)
S - Malteser Hot Chocolate (3sp)

POINTS - 31

This is the first day I am only having one thin for lunch, so I may get hungry, I have 7sp spare so if it does happen I will have something else.

*pre-dinner snack!

OH I SEE!! That's probably where I have seen the name...forgive my ignorance but what is (Will) Power Puff Girls?

I was reading some of your diary last night, well I started at the beginning - loving your dedication, then realised I would never get through 530 odd pages, so I will go to the end and start from your January comeback! You have lots of wicked support - its great to see.

Have a good strong day!
x

It was just a play on words for the cartoon characters as we had willpower and were girls! My diary is very long, even I don't think I would attempt to go back and read the whole thing!!!! Happy reading of the last 7.5wks! X

Tuesday 23rd Feb

B - Yogurt and Strawbs (3sp)
L - 1x Thin with chicken and flora light (5sp) and Crisps (4sp)
PDS* - 1x Thin with marmite (3sp)
D - Steak (5sp) Chips (7sp) and Salad with LF dressing (1sp)
S - Malteser Hot Chocolate (3sp)

POINTS - 31

This is the first day I am only having one thin for lunch, so I may get hungry, I have 7sp spare so if it does happen I will have something else.

*pre-dinner snack!

Mmmmmmm Maltesar Hot Choc! X

Wednesday 24th Feb

B - Grapes and Yogurt (its 3pm and I never ate the yogurt for breakfast - I picked at the grapes and didn't need it, I will have it in a minute though) (3sp)
L - Steak and Salad, with dressing and an Aldi Thin, with flora light (5+1+3+1 =10sp)
D - 2x Lightly Dusted Haddock Fillets from Aldi with a whole avocado (6+10 = 16sp)
S - My Aldi thin with marmite (3sp), Malteser hot chocolate (3sp) and Boots Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar (3sp)

That is my daily total of 38sp

I don't know if anyone reading this (or if anyone IS reading this!) but I feel the need to pass on an amazing find (well, I find it amazing - I guess you will if you like peanut butter too). When I was on SW I discovered PB2 powder, which is peanut butter but in powdered form, presumably for protein-y gym bunnies to add to shakes etc, well it was considerably less syns than the real thing when mixed with a teeny bit of water, but the good thing is it actually tastes like the real thing! It is smooth, so no crunch, but other than that it is really good stuff. I just put it through the WW calculator and it came out at 1sp per 2tbsp, so what you do is 2 level tbsp of PB2 powder and mix it with 1tbsp of water, it makes a decent amount too. So anyone who is missing peanut butter on their toast can have it pretty cheaply! The only downside is that it is expensive to buy a tub (you can get it from Amazon) but the tub does last a long time.

Anyway, there is my tip of the day!

x

Wednesday 24th Feb

B - Grapes and Yogurt (its 3pm and I never ate the yogurt for breakfast - I picked at the grapes and didn't need it, I will have it in a minute though) (3sp)
L - Steak and Salad, with dressing and an Aldi Thin, with flora light (5+1+3+1 =10sp)
D - 2x Lightly Dusted Haddock Fillets from Aldi with a whole avocado (6+10 = 16sp)
S - My Aldi thin with marmite (3sp), Malteser hot chocolate (3sp) and Boots Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar (3sp)

I don't know if anyone reading this (or if anyone IS reading this!) but I feel the need to pass on an amazing find (well, I find it amazing - I guess you will if you like peanut butter too). When I was on SW I discovered PB2 powder, which is peanut butter but in powdered form, presumably for protein-y gym bunnies to add to shakes etc, well it was considerably less syns than the real thing when mixed with a teeny bit of water, but the good thing is it actually tastes like the real thing! It is smooth, so no crunch, but other than that it is really good stuff. I just put it through the WW calculator and it came out at 1sp per 2tbsp, so what you do is 2 level tbsp of PB2 powder and mix it with 1tbsp of water, it makes a decent amount too. So anyone who is missing peanut butter on their toast can have it pretty cheaply! The only downside is that it is expensive to buy a tub (you can get it from Amazon) but the tub does last a long time.

x

Omg! I need to be getting me some PB2! It sounds AMAZING!!!! I love (and really miss!) my smooth peanut butter! It's pay day tomorrow (woohoo!) so I might be able to order some! I like the sound of the Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar, I love all things nuts, maybe cos I am lol!

IMAG0026.jpg

Omg! I need to be getting me some PB2! It sounds AMAZING!!!! I love (and really miss!) my smooth peanut butter! It's pay day tomorrow (woohoo!) so I might be able to order some! I like the sound of the Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar, I love all things nuts, maybe cos I am lol!

Honestly hun its really good stuff - I have a massive tub, if you want i can send you some in the post to try it, if you like it then you can order it and know that you wont have wasted your money. Its about £8 for a small tub and I have a big tub which is taking me ages to get through. You are more than welcome to pm me your address and I can send you some and it wont cost me a bean cos i will send it through my post room at work! I really dont mind.

Wednesday 24th Feb

x

Edit: I worked out the Lightly Dusted YELLOWFIN SOLE that i actually bought instead of the haddock i thought i had bought and they were 4sp per fillet so that makes 8 which means I am going to forego my raspberry and hazelnut bar....nevermind, i have a massive mango to chomp through but in all honesty i feel so full up after dinner i am content sitting here with my fresh lemon and ginger water!!

Honestly hun its really good stuff - I have a massive tub, if you want i can send you some in the post to try it, if you like it then you can order it and know that you wont have wasted your money. Its about £8 for a small tub and I have a big tub which is taking me ages to get through. You are more than welcome to pm me your address and I can send you some and it wont cost me a bean cos i will send it through my post room at work! I really dont mind.

Awwww that's so so sweet of you, I'm not sure how to send a PM but once I have worked it out I certainly will! That's so lovely of you X

Edit: I worked out the Lightly Dusted YELLOWFIN SOLE that i actually bought instead of the haddock i thought i had bought and they were 4sp per fillet so that makes 8 which means I am going to forego my raspberry and hazelnut bar....nevermind, i have a massive mango to chomp through but in all honesty i feel so full up after dinner i am content sitting here with my fresh lemon and ginger water!!

Oh No! I hate it when that happens! It's like when something for me is 1pp but then 2 is 3pp, it upsets my whole plan!!! I love fresh mango, it was probably just as yummy as the Bar and you'll have that to look forward to on another day. X

Awwww that's so so sweet of you, I'm not sure how to send a PM but once I have worked it out I certainly will! That's so lovely of you X

Oh No! I hate it when that happens! It's like when something for me is 1pp but then 2 is 3pp, it upsets my whole plan!!! I love fresh mango, it was probably just as yummy as the Bar and you'll have that to look forward to on another day. X

Ah I don't think there is the pm function on this site, you could do it on the last site. You could always go to my profile page and post it on that. I have pb2 on a thin for my mid afternoon snack today. 4sp not sure if it would be different on pp.
IMAG0031.jpg

B1 – This was at 3:30am, so I guess counts as today! I could not get to sleep and was really hungry, I didn’t eat huge amounts yesterday, although the food was nutritious, I was hungry, so I ate a Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar from Boots (3sp) it was amazing, but those shaper bars are pretty expensive for the size of the bars – 65p I think, I will be looking for cheaper options at Aldis on Friday night.

B2 – Grapes to chomp on throughout the morning and yogurt (3)

L – Chicken (2) cooked with Nando marinade (0) and salad with low fat salad cream (2) and a thin (3) with flora light (1)

D – Spaghetti Bolognese (12)

Snacks – Thin with PB2 (4) Turkish Delight (4) 2x Boots Crunchy Onion Rings (4)

Total points – 38 out of 38

Ah I don't think there is the pm function on this site, you could do it on the last site. You could always go to my profile page and post it on that. I have pb2 on a thin for my mid afternoon snack today. 4sp not sure if it would be different on pp.
View attachment 180562

I will sort something out :) X

B1 – This was at 3:30am, so I guess counts as today! I could not get to sleep and was really hungry, I didn’t eat huge amounts yesterday, although the food was nutritious, I was hungry, so I ate a Raspberry and Hazelnut Bar from Boots (3sp) it was amazing, but those shaper bars are pretty expensive for the size of the bars – 65p I think, I will be looking for cheaper options at Aldis on Friday night.

B2 – Grapes to chomp on throughout the morning and yogurt (3)

L – Chicken (2) cooked with Nando marinade (0) and salad with low fat salad cream (2) and a thin (3) with flora light (1)

D – Spaghetti Bolognese (12)

Snacks – Thin with PB2 (4) Turkish Delight (4) 2x Boots Crunchy Onion Rings (4)

Total points – 38 out of 38

I can't believe that you ate your first breakfast at 330!!!! It's not nice being so hungry tho, just make sure you're having plenty of fluid and plenty of fruit & veg to keep you filled up. X

Friday 26th February

Weigh in day: 1lb loss. I am ok with that.

Busy weekend ahead with lots of planning involved around food and drink. I hope my plans pan out.

Today:

B - Fruit
L - Chicken (2) Salad (0) Salad Cream (2) and Thin (3)
D - Chicken Thighs (10) they are so high on WW! and Rice (10)
S - Onion Ring Crisps (4)

Tomorrow:

Brunch - 2x BLT Wraps (11) and cinema snacks 4x packs of Boots Shapers Crisps (8)
Tea - Chicken Kebab (18)
Snack - Bottle of Red (19)

Sunday:

Brunch - not sure yet
Tea - Eating out and having Steak and Chips (15)
Snack - Bottle of Red (19)

IMAG0033.jpg IMAG0034.jpg Cinema nibbles:

Back