Cheat Days when dieting?!

I only have a flexi day very occasionally - not as often as once a week or I just wouldnt lose anything. I dont save syns either as that doesnt work for me. I am on plan all of the time just with the occasional flexi day if I have a night out for example. I feel I have to strictly follow the diet to lose.

Saying that I managed 3 flexi days in a row over Xmas and still managed a half a pound loss.

Well that's all within your syns anyway so it definitely shouldnt be a problem :confused: In what way is that cheating? :confused:

The OP was talking about her Sister having a takeaway each week and I was just pointing out it could be done within syns as I had found a takeaway within the syns thats all :)

I am doing a trial for a month as obviously the syns for it are a guesstimate as it's not weighed or anything.

This forum is about friendly help, thats all I was trying to do.

Lucia Lucia said:
I am currently do an experiement on this!

I never ever had a blow out after WI from Aug 2011 to 4th Jan 2012. Hubby joined last week and says he has to have a treat after WI as his prize! I researched the lowest take out to satisfy this and we are having nyn free day on WI day and using the syns for a small donner kebab no sauce or mayo after WI. After a month I am going to see if this affects weightloss. The place we go has a small pitta, lots of salad, and a small amount of donner meat.Nothing else, no going mad and nmming through the cupbards for days! So we will see, i'll report back!

I think it's just a case of finding what works for you.

Hmm. I'd say having a syn free day is probably not the best idea tbh. You are best off having 5 syns a day, then have your doner, which as Erm says would likely be within your syns anyway.

The OP was talking about her Sister having a takeaway each week and I was just pointing out it could be done within syns as I had found a takeaway within the syns thats all :)

This forum is about friendly help, thats all I was trying to do.

I wasn't having a go, you started the post with "I never ever had a blow out" and hubby "says he has to have a treat" and then started talking about kebabs in small pitta with salad and no sauce or mayo and seeing if it affects your weight loss. Theres no reason why it should affect your weight loss as its totally within your syns to have a kebab.

Lamb, doner kebab, meat only, 25g
Lamb, doner kebab, meat only, small kebab 8
Lamb, doner kebab, meat only, large kebab 12½
Chicken, doner kebab, meat only, 25g
Chicken, doner kebab, meat only, small kebab
Chicken, doner kebab, meat only, large kebab 8
Greek Restaurant, Lamb Kebabs, average each, 100g each 3

The maximum there is 12½ which is well within your syns so theres no reason to do it 'as a trial'.

Im sorry if you have misinterpreted my post or me yours :)

i think ermintrude was probably meaning that having a blowout is more than having a donor without sauce... :p To me having that would most definitely be on plan and not be a blowout...

A blowout for me is having a big fat arse pizza and all the trimmings XD

Yep, think you are right. It does seem like a big blow out to me :D

I dont have much to lose so I have never 'allowed' a treat day as such. Plus I personally struggle with the idea of higher syn being 'treat' as it implies I am being deprived the rest of the time, which is certainly not the case!

Any times I have not lost anything (as you will see from my stats below), I have flexi synned and had something like a take away or higher synned food on NYE etc. I eat, enjoy it and accept the impact on my weight loss for that week. I am with the poster who mentioned the pizza, as although I dont do it every week, I would rather include some things like that now rather than when I get to target and risk suddenly getting a taste for certain things again if i havent been having them. I am used to having things like pizza, chips etc as part of my healthy diet so they dont feel like a treat, it just feels normal if that makes sense?

Back