Cheerio fat girl, hello real me!

Well that's 2 weeks on the diet complete :) I'm pretty pleased with that. I'm also pleased that in the past 2 weeks I've encountered most of the situations where I'd possibly be tempted by food, where I've not been tempted and know I can repeat that in the future :)

This evening I've had an awfully gurgly tummy and I think it's due to leaving time between packs for too long with a large mug of black coffee in between. Not doing that again! Don't wanna gross anyone out but it has led to a few mad dashes to the bathroom this evening :(

Tomorrow should be weigh day but as I'm at my mums it will have to wait until Monday. I'll still check on her scales but I'm certain hers weighs a few pounds lighter than mine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Weighed in today and week 2 sees me 2 lbs down so that's 1 stone and 1 lb in 2 weeks :)

Not long out of a pretty brutal work meeting and my manager brought cakes in for afterwards to cheer us up and oh my, I am tempted! Came out and ate my bar earlier than planned but dont feel like I ate anything : ( gonna have a peppermint tea and maybe I'll feel better after that.

Those situations are so hard. I remember the last time I did this and was just starting to eat again and had an awful day at work. There was a big platter of leftover cakes in the kitchen and only me there. I got my coat on as quickly as possible and marched up the street until I stopped feeling like eating. I think I walked about a mile and a half!!

Hopefully you can keep it together until you can get out of there. It's all these little decisions that make up the big success. :)

Thanks Clinquant, I managed to resist the cake in the office but it was very difficult. It's the first time I've felt really tempted to eat something since starting but I managed it :) I'm home now and I'm just planning on getting some stuff sorted for work tomorrow, do a few chores, have a bath and go read in bed for a few hours. I've got another team meeting tomorrow morning but luckily I can vanish off to the other office fairly sharpish afterward so no need to hand around watching folk eat biscuits. I had another peek at the scales this morning and they still haven't budged but I know I've not been drinking enough water this week so I'm gonna have to start doing that.

Well, let's just say I won't be making any more shakes into mousses any time soon. By the time I got halfway the texture was making me retch for some reason. I choked it down but never again! :(

Just woke up and had a weird dream that I was out shopping with my mum and gran and we went to this fancy cake shop. I only ordered tea then we sat down and I couldn't take them eating cake in front of me so I end up ordering a chocolate meringue cream cake (I have no idea why I did this as I hate meringue and not keen on cream). So I sat down and nearly took a big bite and then went "no, can't ruin the diet" and pushed it away.

So it seems pretty good that my dream self is on board with this diet too haha. I'd have preferred a more exciting dream but oh well lol.

Today is the last day of my 3rd week on the plan and it's been another good week. I've not given into any temptation - there's been a lot of cake and sweets around in work. I've had a few more lifestyle days and I'm feeling ok with these now; after my first lifestyle meal I found it really difficult to stop at just that but I seem to be able to cope with that feeling ok now. I'll see if it has much impact on my weigh in tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to my friends engagement party. It's a BYOB thing so I'm just taking along a couple of cans of coke zero and having those, I'll take a bar too.

The only bad thing this week is that my period started again (if you don't like reading about such things, skip to the next paragraph lol)- I suffer from menorrhagia (extremely heavy and constant periods). I had a coil fitted at the end of February as part of the treatment for this and gradually the bleeding stopped, I had 1 whole week free of period and this was a real boost for me and thinking it had worked. However, 3 days ago it came back as heavy and as painful as ever. It makes me anaemic so I'm thinking I might go back on the iron pills but not sure if that will impact the diet in a bad way or what. I was told to expect ongoing bleeding with the coil for at least 6 months and I know that whilst losing weight it's likely to cause periods anyway due to hormone release but ugh, I thought I was done with it. My moods are affected by it too a fair bit. Feeling ok today but just really fed up with the situation in general as it's been ongoing for nearly a year now :(

I've not been up to much this week really, just working away. I work in a school and because the schools are on holiday, I've been in the admin office with all of my colleagues and that's why there's been lots of temptations around but I've just been ignoring them. I've told most folk at work about the diet and everyone has actually been interested and supportive which is nice. There's been a bit of concern around it and a few folk going "ooft I could never do that!" but it's usually followed up with a "well done you!". So it's nice to be able to have my shakes openly in work without getting rubbish for it. In my old job when I did Exante, most were supportive but I had some ongoing debates with people and then some "I told you so's" once I came off it and put the weight on which didn't help at all. I'm not sure why I was worried really, everyone in my work are all really nice people, it's the nature of the type of people who are attracted to my kind of work :)

Not got much on for the rest of the afternoon, some cleaning and then eventually getting ready for the party. Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in :)

Had my week 3 weigh in today and I've lost 4lbs so that makes it 19lbs off in total. I'm pretty pleased with that :)

I went to my friends engagement party last night and it was ok. I'm quite glad I was avoiding the food as it was all things like sausage rolls, white rolls, spring rolls, scotch pies bleurgh - all food I don't like anyway. I might be a big girl but apart from my sweet tooth I tend to like healthier options and hate pastry and deep fried stuff - had I been eating I probably would have eaten the stuff anyway even if I wasn't keen on it so I'm glad I wasn't and just had a bar with me instead. I did overindulge a wee bit on the coke zero and went over 600ml but I'm not too fussed about that. On Exante I drank loads of coke zero and still had good losses. Anyway, it was nice to see my friend and her partner so happy together on their night and it was nice to spend time with my other friends too. I also quite enjoyed driving there and back as I wasn't drinking and I like my clear headed refreshed feeling I'm having this morning. All good stuff :)

A potential emotional roller coaster may be about to kick off today. My ex was texting me last night and he was talking about wanting to get back together and ach, I don't know what to do. We're going to talk about it today. We were engaged but broke up last June but have remained friends and remained in contact since. I won't go into the reasons for the split or anything here but we never stopped liking each other, there was no fall out but trust was broken and he didn't like living in Dundee (we're both from around the Glasgow area of the world). So yes, we're going to talk about it more today and I'm not sure what might come of this conversation. I'm not too sure what I want but I know it's a topic that makes me emotional and normally I would have been comfort eating all day as a result. However, I'm not going to let it mess with the diet at all.

That's a great loss and well done avoiding the party food. It's great having a clear head isn't it - shame the drink is so seductive when we get back to eating and drinking.

You sound committed to not letting the emotional conversations throw you off. In my experience you can go back as long as you know in your heart that something is the right thing and there isn't too much compromise from one side. For me it's the overthinking it that leads to the food. And I guess you don't have to decide anything now anyway. Something about this diet starts to make things clearer too. Good luck with it.

Well, this evening I tried Slim Rice!! I rinsed out the stink, microwaved them, mixed with a chili con carne meal pack and it was ok, actually. Not sure on the texture and I'm not really enjoying how full I feel after eating it and I didn't even use all of the rice. Interesting experiment but I don't think I'll be moved to buy it again really. I have 2 packs of the noodles so I'll see how I go with those.

Well, this evening I tried Slim Rice!! I rinsed out the stink, microwaved them, mixed with a chili con carne meal pack and it was ok, actually. Not sure on the texture and I'm not really enjoying how full I feel after eating it and I didn't even use all of the rice. Interesting experiment but I don't think I'll be moved to buy it again really. I have 2 packs of the noodles so I'll see how I go with those.

Worth a try... Someone asked me what they were like the other day.. The only way I could describe it was a bit like chewing the inside of your cheek...

Well everything is going ok with week 4 so far. I'd say the only thing I'm not doing properly is that I've taken to drinking way more Coke Zero than 600ml so I'll see if it has any effect on weight loss on my Sunday weigh in. Off the diet I'm a bit of a Pepsi Max fiend so this seems to have replaced it. I was thinking earlier on how with Exante, by week 4 I was really really feeling ready for the add a meal week after week 6 on the diet but I feel fine on S&S. I think having vegetables and lifestyle days really helps. It is nowhere the same feeling of having to endure as on Exante and that's very good :)

Tomorrow my next box of Slim and Save things will be arriving and I'm pretty glad as I drank my last shake today and last bar yesterday. It's ok as I've got meals and some soups left so I've been having those. Some of the soups have actually grown on me a wee bit so that's good. Just a pity I didn't order any with this new batch of stuff! The next box is mainly shakes, bars I like and meals I like.

I must say, I was looking at the S&S facebook group and a fair amount of people complain about hunger and it's not really something I've greatly experienced at all. I get hungry at meal times e.g. lunch time/dinner time but that's it. I don't think I could do the diet if I felt hungry all the time. Tonight I felt a little...not hungry but restless, wanting to eat despite just having had a meal replacement. I think I was after something sweet and didn't have anything suitable in the house. So that's what the lack of shakes maybe does to me. Oh well, at least I didn't give in and my new box will be appearing soon :)

I have a day off work tomorrow as I'd built up enough flexi time :) Not really doing anything for it but I have a pile of deliveries appearing tomorrow, as well as Slim and Save stuff I have some new bedroom furniture appearing and a few smaller things from ebay. I also plan to move some furniture around in my flat - I'm hoping that will contribute to some good weight loss as it's heavy furniture being moved from one room to another so it'll be a workout.

As well as that tomorrow, the ex is coming up for the weekend...we've been talking around getting back together and we're spending time together this weekend to talk about things and see how we feel. He and I never fell out really, just there was a long distance issue when I had to move to Dundee. We've remained in fairly close contact ever since we split up last June. It's not a question of whether we can get on or not, just whether there's a way around the long distance. Someone will have to give eventually if we do get back together. I'm not sure about it though. I normally think you should never go backwards but that's hard to do when emotions are involved. I suppose I'll see what happens. Anyway, he'll be up and this creates an issue of being around food in my own house. He's supportive of my diet so it should be ok. I won't be cooking when he's here; I already have things like pasta sauce/chilli/curry in my freezer which I made from scratch before I was on the diet so I'm glad they'll get used up. I also have quite a lot of pasta stuck away at the back of my cupboards which I might ask if he wants to take it home as it's only going to sit there for ages unused. Dried pasta doesn't tempt me to go off on a pasta eating frenzy but you never know, I suppose.

Tomorrow night we're also going to the cinema, I'm glad my S&S box will be appearing so I can take a bar with me :)

Ugh I don't feel so good today. I spent the morning/early afternoon building some furniture and it seems to have done me in. I feel incredibly weak and tired this afternoon which isn't so fun and it's got me craving food when I'm not even hungry. I've had 3 packs already today and that's having the 3rd one earlier than usual. I think my new S&S stuff appearing has something to do with the cravings too. I feel like I could go and eat a pile of bars quite happily just because they are there. I'm not gonna but it's weird how much the temptation is there. Think I'll go make a douwe egberts hazlenut coffee with a sweetener in it and see if that reduces the cravings.

That's a good idea. I have to give my bars to my colleague and she dispenses them one a day!! I think you've just overdone it with the furniture. We have nothing spare for extra activity. Know what you mean about food in the house. First time I did this I was single and had empty cupboards but this time I was worried but I still managed it. We're stronger than we think. Definitely something comforting about a sweet, hot drink though. Hope your weekend is a good one and you manage to sort something out if that's what you both want.

Feeling a bit better after the coffee. Got loads I planned to do today but it's not happening and G will be here in an hour. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, maybe I can make him do some of it lol.

Well this evening I felt much better than earlier. Although just before bed I had a really upset tummy which wasn't so fun. I wonder if it's because I had more shakes than meals today since my delivery arrived? Aside from that, I found some energy from somewhere this evening and we got all my furniture shifted around which is good. Got lots on tomorrow with lots of errands to do so I'm in bed attempting an early night but I'm wide awake. :(

Back