Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

I have a few questions for Cake:

1 - how many scones will this make?
2 - do you think they will freeze ok?
3 - I am afraid of smash. Will they taste of smash? :p
4 - do I use any old smash for a syn free version or are there different kinds?
5 - would this go well with my quorn sausage and beany cajun stew?

Please and thank you :D

For a silly sausage :p,

1.I made 7 decent sized scones but it would make 10 mini scones. They are really filling.
2My consultant says they will freeze, I am yet to try.
3.They don't taste like smash, they tasted like a cheese and onion and potato pasty filling.
4.I used tesco value 20p smash!
5. Oooohhhh yes, invite for tea please! I personally wanted to pour beans all over mine.

Ermintrude, that does look so good! I think it would make a really good cheats cheese and potato pie which traditionally in my house would contain 3/4 of a block of full fat cheese.

Ermintrude, that does look so good! I think it would make a really good cheats cheese and potato pie which traditionally in my house would contain 3/4 of a block of full fat cheese.

Ommmm now you're putting ideas into my head :drool: cheeeeeeeese piiiieeeeeeeeeeeee :drool: With Extra Cheeeeeeeeeeese :drool:

Just think how much cheese you could use! 42g low fat cheese, times four HEXes on green = 168g - times four servings = 672g cheeeeeeeeese :drool: :D

I admit it. I have a cheese fetish :cry:

Ermintrude.....times 6 in my house...cheese feast!!!! LOL. With a HEA cheese topping to make a cheese and potato pie with frylighted softened onions it would be divine.

I'm wondering how it would work with real potatoes mashed and then adding the egg, seasoning, whizzed cottage cheese and softened onions, topped with HEA of cheese and oven baked for 45 mins. I think I may have to find out next week! I haven't had cheese and potato pie in 9 months!

These cheese scones sound fantastic and I'm going to attempt to make them tomorrow! This is only my 3rd week on SW (I do Green days only) and finding that these boards are brilliant for recipe ideas for a fussy eater like me! Thank you all x x

I know its not the same BUT the cheese, onion, potato pitta pasties are divine :D wholemeal pitta,

in the microwave you cook together 1 knorr veg stock pot, diced potato, diced onion, HEXA cheese

mash

fill the pitta

brush with egg

bake for 15-20 mins at 190 until golden and eat hot or cold

I made this for tea last night! Ommmmm!!!

6291425776_4e7809471c_o.jpg

6290906779_b0bcbf518c_o.jpg

6291426044_6615cdb189_o.jpg

I'd add extra cheese next time. I got carried away and threw it all in the mix so I had none left to scatter over the top :eek: :D Soooo goooooooood, like cheesy dumplings! :drool:

OMG that looks amazing... :D:D:D was Michelle's recipe originally but I changed it as liked cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese so it had the hexa of cheese in it too which made them much much better :D they were fine before but if you love cheese then its worth the syns :D

Just made our scones. Never made anything so simple! It sounds like a strange combination but we had ours with a fried egg & baked beans. Delicious!

OMG that looks amazing... :D:D:D was Michelle's recipe originally but I changed it as liked cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese so it had the hexa of cheese in it too which made them much much better :D they were fine before but if you love cheese then its worth the syns :D

I only stuck 50g reduced fat cheese in and it served 4 so 12.5g each! 2 syns! Pfft! :eek: Ill be having a WHOLE HEX EACH next time :cool:

Just had leftovers for me lunch. Om nom. :eat:

I only stuck 50g reduced fat cheese in and it served 4 so 12.5g each! 2 syns! Pfft! :eek: Ill be having a WHOLE HEX EACH next time :cool:

Just had leftovers for me lunch. Om nom. :eat:

behave I am trying not to drool here :8855::8855:

I know what Monday's tea is now or maybe tomorrow mmmmmmmmmmm really winter warming comfort food but sw friendly :D

Can't wait to try these. Proper comfort food!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm x

Back