Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

Hi Lausanne no probs nosy away - I do it all the time my turn to be nosy I see you are in Switzerland. I was in Basel in June to visit a close friend - loved it very beautiful.
Yes I am very lucky Mum to have a very caring son and daughter and of course a very supportive OH. Im still learning about Dukan and this forum is invaluable for help and support x

Ive never felt more motivated before Dukan is clear cut unlike other diets - if its not on the list then its out. Tolerated items confuse me a bit though. For me its being able to see light at the end of the tunnel (December 11) - Ive been trying for years with SW and getting nowhere, seriously thought I had a psychological problem with food!!!

I was exactly the same, SW for years but would find myself having crazy portions that I really didn't need (or would usually have.)

You are right, the personalised programme info you get from the site with your timescale is incredibly motivating. Ac actual date we will be at target (as long as we follow the plan!)

I was talking a a friend the other day, she is also trying to lose weight but on a different plan. Normally, if she goes off plan I will be straight there with her (any excuse!) but this time, there wasn't even a glimmer of desire to do that. I know I can actually get to target this time as long as I keep going.

Fabulous feeling isn't it :D x

What confuses you about tolerated items?

I advise people to avoid them at the outset so that there is something to pull out of the bag of tricks when one is low, entertaining, or in the need of something sweet. They can and frequently do slow up one's weight loss, which none of us want particularly at the outset.

For long timers, however, they're a godsend.

Hi Joanne perhaps confused is the wrong word - ive not become familiar with the list as yet and so far Ive only had 1 SF Jelly. I will keep them for emergencies :) Thank you

Quiet weekend in store, house jobs to do ugh!, walking if the weather will allow and of course Dukan friendly meals etc. Looking forward to stepping on the scales tomorrow morning. If anything I havent drank enough water - so we shall see if that has made a difference. Tomorrow will be 18 days on Dukan - fingers x i will have lost 7lbs in total :0 why oh why did I not do it sooner.

Sunday 7/11
weigh in day and what a weigh in it is - can you believe it, I have LOST - 4lbs (9lbs in 18 days)!!! I keep shaking my head I cant believe it (sounds like Mr Meldrew) Ive been back to the scales 3 times! to double and triple check - LOL. I want to wake my husband but .......

why did I put 7/11 I know I was excited but ...... going daft with this Dukan :0

Last edited:
im cream crackered been walking for 2 hours for with my OH :)

actually it was 2.5 hours

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss. That is fab!

A good PP day today when i first started attack I thought I would never get through a day just eating protein how wrong I was. Its so cold here in Lancashire - I have my thick fleece and SOCKS on, dont think I've ever had socks on before in August!!! :(

Tuesday 9/8 Day 20 PV
Felt off today was ok this morning but after lunch (Quorn Mince Chilli) didnt feel right - weak, a bit jittery (hard to explain), headache and no energy. Had a late night well for me late, midnight, I was up at 6.30. So nothing to watch on the TV all doom and gloom, riots/looting are now in my nearest city of Manchester. Hope it gets sorted before my Son goes to Uni in September. Its very sad our beautiful country has come to this - raging thugs on a ramage. Makes me so sad and disgusted. The rest of the world is watching this unfold! So in view of all this negative stuff Im going to bed to read my book.

Hi Chris,

Have you been eating much quorn recently? Just wondering if that could have caused it. I have heard a few people having issues with it, feeling unwell, queasy, stomach cramps etc.

Hope you are feeling much better tomorrow! It is awful at the moment isn't it. I really hope things will be fine for your son & sure they will be. Shocking watching it all unfold though.

Take care! x

Well the plan for today is to do the ironing and other very boring household jobs.
My daughter is flying to Lyon this morning so I've given her instructions to look for LF/LS stock cubes. Umm? wonder if the french like LF cocoa. Anything else?
Don't think Im going to watch the news today - too awful!

Well the plan for today is to do the ironing and other very boring household jobs.
My daughter is flying to Lyon this morning so I've given her instructions to look for LF/LS stock cubes. Umm? wonder if the french like LF cocoa. Anything else?
Don't think Im going to watch the news today - too awful!

I'm the same with the news at the mo. I know the riots in England are apalling but the balance of news reporting is shocking - barely any mention of the famine in Somalia. In recent years it feels like the news has been dumbed down and society is becoming largely immune to the plight of others. Even on a local level there isn't the same sense of community - probably an under lying factor for these riots. Can't get over the young age of some of the kids - nine year olds? Scary!

Ooops, didn't mean to rant in your diary! :eek:

Any low carb cocoa I've found tends to be around 22g fat per 100g which is high in comparison with Dr D's which has 11g fat. Are you using any brand at the moment?

Hi Lausanne no cocoa just a thought with my daughter going to France. I am not surprised at the riots really just very sad to see such mindless violence. I work with teenagers that have no support whatsoever. The parents have never worked a day in their lives and these poor kids are a money making scheme to gain benefits. Parents would rather buy vodka that buy food for them. What these kids go through on a daily basis would shock you, I get so angry and upset for them (they don't know that) because they see it as normal. No love for them at all so is it any wonder they end up with a drug problem, pregnant etc etc . I know a student that was kicked out of her 'home' because her mother had a new fella who didnt like the girl. This 16 yr old has learning difficulties and she has to look after herself and the rented council flat she now lives in. I am not a do-gooder and I abhore what is going on here. Discipline starts at home and from a small age.

I will get down off my soap box now.

And another thing the weather is bloody awful here today! again!

It is truly awful what is going on and so mindless. I understand completely your despair at the suffering of some young people, something needs to change and quickly. Can't imagine doing anything like that for a job, I just wouldn't cope.

Well done on your weightloss, you are doing really well. You will be at goal in no time. I managed to get to mine 1 week and 1 day before my Mr D timescale and I stuck religiously to the plan, more the old Dukan diet.

Can't imagine doing anything like that for a job, I just wouldn't cope.
My job - I love it best job ever but so glad I have long holidays or else I would crack up. I think you have to learn to forget about stuff once your home. I do tell my 2 children (22 & 20) how lucky they are. I actually miss it when I'm off and really looking forward to the 5th September just hope it doesnt interfere with mr Dukans plan ;)

Well done on your weightloss, you are doing really well. You will be at goal in no time. I managed to get to mine 1 week and 1 day before my Mr D timescale and I stuck religiously to the plan, more the old Dukan diet.

Thank you Poppy03 I am loving Dukan wish I'd done it when I first heard about it last year in France. Hope I can stay motivated as I am now. Im trying to be a bit more adventurous bought some Tofu from Tesco. My husband says 'have u got your nose in that book again' LOL

Thursday 11/8 PV
is it going to be one of those days doz eggs smashed on clean kitchen floor - cleaned up. Opened fridge door - Jar of balti paste everywhere!!!
Friends for lunch Dukan Cottage Pie. No dessert they can eat cake at the craft/farmers market :) looking forward to a good chat with 2 lovely ppl

Back