Christmas Dinner Soup :-)

Oooh thanks for bumping this thread! We're having turkey on Sunday so I will be making this for sure again. :)

dudette2001uk said:
Now I know it's July, but I suddenly remembered about this soup and I reckon it's time to make it! :D

Hah! I had a craving for it a few weeks ago!

OMG I am so happy you lot have started talking about this again this is defo going into my recipe book - I am going to buy myself a nice big soup pot & make some of this at the weekend - The OH loves stuffing aswell so he should be happy.

I think I will make mine with the bacon, turkey & stuffing with all that lovely christmassy veg mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dxxx

I have my eyes upon wonderment! (even a word?? Lol) subbing! :)

Just made this with yesterdays left over roast chicken, brilliant!!!

bilsat said:
Hi All.
Here it is.........................

The twist is "pigs in blankets" as well!

Thanks to all for the idea for this soup, must admit we will have it again tomorrow night, it's weigh-in!

Next version will be using pre-cooked chicken as I prefer it to turkey and as it's already cooked it can go straight into the stock when ready and not have to be pre-cooked.

Pete’s Christmas Soup

Serves 4
Ingredients
Morrison’s British turkey thigh, diced. 325g
4 smoked bacon rashers, all fat removed
2 Sainsbury “be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausage (0.5 syn each)
2ltr of Knorr chicken stock pot
Cupful of frozen peas
2 potatoes, peeled
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 carrots
1 parsnip
Dried sage
Small box of stuffing mix (optional) Sainsbury’s “Basic Stuffing” made as directed and shaped into 24 little little balls, oven cooked for about 20 mins. (0.45syns each)
Dash of Worcester sauce

Method
Put the turkey meat in a saucepan, cover in chicken stock, keep the rest of the stock, and cook until the meat falls apart, remove and allow to cool, then shred the meat, set to one side.
Cut the sausage open and remove the meat, roll into small sausages and wrap with a small piece of the bacon (makes 8 pigs in blankets 0.5 syn per person) cook in the oven with the stuffing balls, for about 20 mins until cooked & browned.

Lightly fry the rough chopped onions, celery & cloves in a large soup pan. Add the stock, dried sage and peeled roughly chopped potatoes. Peel and chop the carrots & parsnip into small pieces, Leave to simmer for 25 mins until the vegetables are soft then blitz with the hand blender to make a rustic soup base. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the turkey and peas to the soup base & simmer for 20 minutes. Plate up & place the stuffing balls & pigs in blankets on the top of the soup.

Hi Pete - hoping you'll see this as its an old post.

Did you syn this for an EE Day?

I'm looking to making a similar one but using roast pork.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This soup needs synning on all plans if using stuffing balls, otherwise its free on ee.x

This soup needs synning on all plans if using stuffing balls, otherwise its free on ee.x

Except for Pete's version uses the sausages at 0.5 syns each, so if using two it would be 1 syn for the entire thing, plus whatever stuffing balls you have.

Crap, didnt see it was petes in a diff thread! Yes sausages etc arent free!!!

l0v3child said:
Crap, didnt see it was petes in a diff thread! Yes sausages etc arent free!!!

Thankfully Joes sausages are :)

Making a twist on this - maybe should call it roast dinner soup - have used the same idea , but filled a large saucepan with water - brought to the boil . Added 3 pork stock cubes & 1 veg stockpot. Then added yesterday's roast dinner leftovers:

Roast pots (cut into chunks)
Sweet pot (cut into chunks
Roast pork, cut into strips
Left over pigs in blankets - sliced
Leftover stuffing - chopped

I also peeled and cubed/sliced a turnip, carrots & a parsnip and added chopped onion.

And I had some sausages uncooked which I threw in and sliced later.

Then seasoned

It's cooking now.

My plan is to make Yorkshire SW Puddings to dunk and act as a bread substitute - what's a roast dinner without yorkies!!!

Should last 2 days!!!

Kx

Attachments

• image-1397888735.jpg
    image-1397888735.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 219
  • image-655809140.jpg
    image-655809140.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Kwise1 said:
Making a twist on this - maybe should call it roast dinner soup - have used the same idea , but filled a large saucepan with water - brought to the boil . Added 3 pork stock cubes & 1 veg stockpot. Then added yesterday's roast dinner leftovers:

Roast pots (cut into chunks)
Sweet pot (cut into chunks
Roast pork, cut into strips
Left over pigs in blankets - sliced
Leftover stuffing - chopped

I also peeled and cubed/sliced a turnip, carrots & a parsnip and added chopped onion.

And I had some sausages uncooked which I threw in and sliced later.

Then seasoned

It's cooking now.

My plan is to make Yorkshire SW Puddings to dunk and act as a bread substitute - what's a roast dinner without yorkies!!!

Should last 2 days!!!

Kx

Looks great! Nice and hearty comfort food for the winter nights coming x

Oh wow I am so making this x

Back