ClaireL second chance diary

Well, I did have a fab weekend!! ....but....totally fell off the wagon ...again!!! I am so mad at myself, I really have no idea what makes me do this time and time again, all last weeks efforts now down the pan :cry: but I have only myself to blame!

I was seriously thinking about just giving up, but have made the decision to make another attempt to stay on plan, so have flicked through this months magazine while having breakfast and I had a thought....

I have decided to follow the 7 day meal plan set out in the mag - see if it helps being 'told' what to have each day rather than making my own choices, might or might not work but at the moment I am feeling less than motivated so what the hell - it's worth a go isn't it??

So it will be extra easy all week and breakfast today is not fitting in with the magazine as I had already made and eaten this when I made this decision...

Breakfast: Eggs on 1 slice WM toast (HEB), sliced mango

Lunch: Salad: lentils, roasted red pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion, basil, and should be spinach but as I haven't got any am going for salad leaves. Dressed with balsamic vinegar and black pepper (also don"t have lemon drizzle cake from Tesco as I live in Austria and there are no Tescos here :sigh:..so may have 3 syns of cheese added to the lentil salad in place of cake (that should be OK I think).

Dinner: meatball jambalaya 1syn

HEA: MIlk in drinks
HEB: Bread

TOTAL SYNS= 11.5

will try to remember to take some photos to load as I go along

wish me luck then!!

Last edited:
Dont give up get back on it :) x

Thanks for the support Kirsty- mucho appreciated :thankyou:

I'm gonna try my best to get past
this weekend sabotage thing that I've got going on - so 5 days to get my head in the right place!!

in the meantime here's lunch - tastes good - but maybe I've overdone the balsamic a weeny bit - :crazy:

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1370257830.441153.jpg

Last edited:
Well, yesterday evening called for a change of plan - asked OH to get some LF sausages on his way home from work so that I could make the jambalaya but he brought full fat ones, I looked on SW and they were 12 syns each!!!!!! - more fat than sausage me thinks!! Ended up with a chicken stir fry 0.5 syns for sweet chili sauce in the stir fry, and also had a half twix bar as a treat - another 7 syns :eek: - didn't realise they were so high!

Today I am back t the magazine (sort of) so another EXTRA EASY day for me although I have my book group tonight so dinner will be at the whim of my mate who is hosting tonight - hope it's not too fatty and there is something I can go for - maybe I will have something to eat before I go so that I am not hungry and can get away with just a tiny portion if it is not SW friendly.

Anyway............

Breakfast: 1 slice WM bread toasted (HEB) with baked beans and an egg, slice of watermelon

egg.JPGwatermelon.JPG

Lunch: jacket potato with Tuna/ sweetcorn and a salad (not according to magazine suggestion but I really fancy this today :p) will be 0.5 syns for mayo in tuna/sweetorn and 0.5 syn for mayo on salad.
Fresh raspberries with yogurt.

Dinner: ??????????

HEA: Milk

SYNS = 1 /15

Welldone for not giving in and eating the sausages
smile.gif
ur doing great welldone!! x
Thanks Kirsty - they looked good - but I couldn't believe the syn value per sausage!! - I know to steer clear of these ones in future :eek:

Lunch - this completely hit the spot - am really full now so will keep the fruit and yogurt for later (if I need it)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1370345202.422215.jpg

Bit late at getting on here today - sooo busy with work - I hate it when it get's in the way of life !!

So, last night was not great - when faced with temptation I seem to dive in headfirst without a care in the world:wave_cry: until afterwards that is!!!

I thought I would be clever and eat something before book group to help avoid non SW foods, had some fruit (banana) and 1 ryvita (only had 1 slice of bread with breakfast so that was still HEB in my opinion) spread with what was left of the tuna mayo mix with cucumber - all good so far.

Got to bookgroup and was offered a glass of wine - Oh yes please (well it would be rude not to, I think) so that's 6 syns...
Dinner is served while we talk (briefly :D) about the book, it was chicken filled with homemade pesto (how many syns will that be :eek:??? 3 for 1tbsp - is this right? I am sure it should be more), vine tomatoes, salad in dressing (maybe 2 syns?) and jacket spud. apart from pesto all sort of OK then .........................

Oh no, or Oh yes..my favorite pud! - lemon meringue (maybe 10 syns or even more if I am honest)- well I couldn't resist, and didn't even say 'just a little for me' oh no - I went all out pig style for the big slice and I have got to say thoroughly enjoyed it too!

Then to add a bit more to my big fail I had another glass of wine another 6 syns-

So total syns for the evening, I am guessing, is at best 27, and at worst ....well lets not go there and just start over again today!!

Today is EXTRA EASY!!

Breakfast: bacon and egg sarnie (HEB for bread) 1 syn for brown sauce (it just has to be IMO :))

Lunch: stir fried veggie rice (bought some red curry "stock cubes" - checked on line and they are 1.5 syns each and I used half in the veggie stir fry so call it 1 syn for the lot just to be sure - said all angelic like - when really remembering last night's deviance still fresh in mind!!)

Dinner: Spag Bol (I think - not really decided)

HEA: Milk and shaving of Parmesan on dinner if I go with the spaghetti

SYNS=2

Good advice Kirsty, I'll try to make up Over the next days- I've got until Monday (WI day) so hopefully can claw something back by then

Here's yesterday's lunchImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1370502348.507600.jpg fried veggies and rice

Today is extra easy and it's eldest son's sports dinner at school tonight went last year too and the good thing is that the foods terrible so will eat at home before we go and I am positive there will be nothing to tempt me there!!

Breakfast: ham omelette in wm roll (HEB) - I'm out looking for a new top for tonight!! So this is cafe made - going to estimate 3 syns for possible oil when cooked?
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1370502674.136361.jpg

Yeah just make sure roll was within the allowance size your allowed :) not sure on oil i usually count 5 to be safe but not sure whats right! x
Thanks Kirsty - your like a little voice of reason and good advice :D I'll go for 5 syns for the oil then - especially after recent splurge!!- looking at the photo the roll looks like white bread but it was actually wholemeal or so it said on the menu- strange cos it was more 'brown speckled' in the flesh than it looks on the photo - as it were!! - I have weighed same style roll at home and it is 66g (just over so maybe another 1 syn -?)

All your advice is very very :welcome: keep it coming, its always a help if you can point me in the right direction :D I need all the help I can get!!!!

Last night was pretty good, eldest son got an all tournament award for rugby (for competitive games played throughout the season) I am a proud mum today!!! Also went with my plan of eating before we left the house so didn't take any of the buffet provided, and more amazingly, avoided the alcoholic drinks and opted for fizzy water :p

So today is either red or extra easy, not sure which yet

Breakfast: BLT HEB for bread and 1 syn for mayo

Lunch: salad of some kind

Dinner: fish - have salmon,prawns and some mussels so might just make a fish platter sort of thing but not sure what to have with it, will have a browse later for inspiration!

HEA: milk
HEB: bread

Syns: 1 so far (to be updated)

Last edited:
20130607_131224.jpg

Well my salad leaves had a funny smell to them so abandoned salad for lunch and made some asparagus soup and even though it looks like something that Shrek would eat it was very tasty

Last edited:
Yesterday was extra easy,
Breakfast: weetabix with banana ( HEB and part HEA)
Lunch: rosemary roast chicken salad
Dinner: chicken Kiev, potatoes, salad, small piece of peppered beef just to taste

HEA: milk

Syns : wine 12 syns, butter on potatoes 2 syns,

Back