Clothes Size - How much weight had you to lose to drop a size?

We've had the dress size discussion in our SW class and we decided that dress size lose depends alot of your body shape and measurements! I was nearly 13st when I started and only 5 ft 1" but I still wore size 12 dresses and was a 14-16 on the bottom! I have lost over 3 stone and now I can fit into Size 6/8/10 clothes, my waist has gone from 38 inches 27.5 inches but I am still larger on the bottom so live in Size 10 leggings as trousers are still a no no! One thing that is odd is my feet have shrunk, I used to be a large Size 5 for shoes and now I wear Size 4!!

This thread was so encouraging to read!!

I am starting out at 17st 1lb and at only 4ft 11" it is awful!:rolleyes:

Can't wait to add my stats to this too....

lol... I can't believe this thread was started over 3 years ago! it's very interesting to read though.
I'm only in my first week on Slimming World, and so here are my starting statistics...
I'm 5'10 and weigh 15st 8lbs... I am currently a size 16.
At my smallest I weighed 12st 7lbs (4 years ago) and was a size 12... also a shoe size 7! I have gone up to a size 8... I always thought I'd just grown a bit more (as I've only just turned 22)

When people look at me, they can't really believe that I'm in the "Obese" category on my BMI... I think this does come down to my height though...

I'm about 5'6
Shoe size 7
Starting Weight - 18'4
Size - 24

Current Weight - 15'6
Size 18 tops (depending on style) 20 bottoms

If im honest i expected a bigger size loss than this, i must just be bottom heavy though!

Interestingly from my above post.

Im now 14 stone 13lbs and got in a size 16 top earlier on! still in a size 20 bottom.

All to do with shape as well though! I must take after my mum as she said even at a size 10 she was still a 12 on bottom.

Hi there <waves>
was weighed today by a not very sympathetic nurse at my Drs surgery who told me I was morbidly obese, and she kinda said it like she had a bad smell under her nose, and if I'm honest it really hurt. I'm 17 stone and 4 lbs, I am 5 feet and 3 inches tall. On top I am an 18/20 and at the bottom I am a 24. I have recently noticed that my feet have shrunk, very odd. I have been a size 6 for the past couple of years now and I have shrunk to a size 5, which I used to be :)

My whole adult life I was never any bigger than a 14/16 (waved between 10 and a half to 11 stone) till I started having joint problems and my mobility was greatly reduced. I walk with a cane and am in almost constant pain (arthritis, asthma) but I have to do something, so here I am about to make a real effort. I can't do very much but I would like to try my aqua aerobics class which I used to go to a few years ago, we'll see. Little steps first, eh? I thought I might start with beginners yoga, I've been told that it might help my breathing too, here's hoping :)
hugglys xx

interesting thread!

23 st 7lbs - size 26/28 bottom, size 22/24 top

i've lost a stone now and the 28's are starting to get baggy :)

i've lost just over a stone now, and My size 16 jeans are really loose :D

just shows how body shape dependant this is, im 1lb less than you cocoa but still in size 20 bottoms!

i`ve lost 2st and drop one size
start w. 19st29 current w. 17.1 i`m 5`7 and a size 16 .
it really depends on body shape that`s so true

5`7

Interestingly from my above post.

Im now 14 stone 13lbs and got in a size 16 top earlier on! still in a size 20 bottom.

All to do with shape as well though! I must take after my mum as she said even at a size 10 she was still a 12 on bottom.

Im now 13 stone 10lbs still size 16 tops and could get in a size 18 in new looks inspire range, havent tried in any other places yet as i dont want to buy anymore clothes until i've dropped a size

start stats:
height 5' 6
weight 17 st 5
size top 24
size bottom 26
shoe 6

now ive lost 21 lbs, have gone down to a size 18-20 top and size 20 bottoms - was sooo excited when I could buy a top from upstairs in new look (inspire and mens in basement).
Lost dress sizes quite quickly but am going to the gym, swimming and aqua aerobics!

Great thread! My starting stats:

Weight: 32st 2lbs (450lbs)
Height: 5 feet 5 and a half inches
Top: 34/36
Bottoms: 36/38
Shoe size: 9

I've lost 18lbs so far and can currently wear size 34 tops and 36 bottoms comfortably, size 38's are too baggy to go out in. At my lightest (about 15st) I was a shoe size 8.

Old thread I know, but hope it keeps going!

Start W- 22 stone 3 lbs, size 22 dress, 22 tops and 24 jeans.
Current W- 17 stone 6lbs, size 18 dress, 16/18 tops, 20 jeans, 18 leggins and jeggins:)

I am 5 ft 10 in....

Wow,
Just revisited this thread, its a great motivator to see how far you have come. I have lost an additional 32 pounds since my post on here( currently 190), I am now a 16 top (can get in to 14 on vest tops etc), and a 16-18 bottom. Inch loss has really slowed but as long as the weight keeps coming off Im not complaining :)

height 5ft 4ins
my start weight was 18st 2lbs
tops size 24/26
bottoms size 24
shoe size 8

now just short of a three stone loss
tops size 20 and fit nicely
trousers size 20 and already loose :D
still a size 8 shoe

looking forward to checking this thread again :):D:)

Well my start weight was 11st 5lbs - and I was a comfortable 12 (sometimes 14) in trousers.

After just losing half a stone I went down to a size 10 in a pair of trousers! and a SIZE 8 in a few maxi dresses!!

I think it depends where you lose it as to how quickly dress sizes drop?

I want to be at least 9st 7lbs... but I'm sure that I'll end up just being a comfortable size 10 still. I am only 5"3 though lol!
xx

18 stone 12lbs, 5' 6.5", right now wearing:
22 bottoms (that is for bum and thighs, though I can pull waist bands out by a mile (I still wear a flared skirt that is a size 16) - weird shape!)
20 tops
7-8 shoes (depends on style/make)

(Shoe size is weird when your weight fluctuates - what I have always fit best is a 41 in continental sizing for shoes, which is somewhere between 7 & 8, but I admit that I would always go up to size 8 when I weighed over 20 stones a few years back whereas when I got down below 15 stones, more recently, I alway fit a 7 better - I think more weight kind of splays the feet out more.)

I think this is a really interesting thread (for those of us who love clothes, anyway ;)) it just goes to show how much difference there can be in how you "carry" your weight. When I lost some weight a few years ago I wore a really gorgeous Fenn Wright Manson (which I tend to think of as fairly small sizing) linen suit to a friend's wedding and although I was still obese, at about 14 stone, I was a size 14 (top and bottom, though only with the help of a very strong pair of magic knickers!).

Unfortunately I carry a huge amount of my weight on my upper arms, which often means that things that fit really well on my upper body (or are even quite loose), I still can't wear them without looking like the material is about to split on the arms (that was the only down-side to the suit mentioned above).

I seem to drop a dress size roughly about every stone and a half I lose - I have yo-yo-ed so much that I know I should probably be comfortably back into my size 20 trousers and size 18 tops by the time I get back under 18 stone (I have a range of clothes from size 14 up to 22 - most of which are currently in storage bags and boxes under the beds! Hopefully some are "classic" enough to still be worn - I'm not usually too much of a fashion victim!).

Back