Converted from WW to Slimming World!!

hello!

as you can see from my stats, i lost all my weight via sw and have maintained for over a year..i adore sw! however in order to get some extra weight off before hols & to re-focus on loosing again rather than maintain..i decided to give ww atry.

i can see why people like ww, and not only am i learning portion contrl and self restraint.. sw i think must just suit me better...i find sw so easy, flexible and normal. have struggled these last few days with outings etc. ww feels like diet to me due to the portion sizes and counting, but equally havnt eaten the same thing twice yet and am enjoying the novelty of new foods..also have been carrying the points card with me which is handy for instan point values..would be handy to have for syns!

im not completley adverse to ww now im trying it first hand (granted wi isnt till wednesday) but i look forward to getting back to sw ..these ladies and gents are a real life line for me and i wouldnt have gotten to target without thier on going support!

hope you continue to enjoy your sw experience, best of luck!

xxxxx

Thanks for sharing all your experiences!

I did WW in 2000 and went from 12st12lbs to 8st12lbs then maintained at 9st5lbs for 2 years, in this time met my wonderful hubby and pretty much maintained a healthy weight for my height, I'm 5ft8 and hovered around the 10stone mark. However despite being careful with my eating in the past 6 months I have gone up to 10st10 and just feel bloated and yuk within myself!! Hubby still loving the curves though but i need to get control of this gaining weight situation!!

Anyway this week decided I needed a new way of rediscovering food and getting this body back to looking good, Slimming World caught my eye and so my journey begins...WW taught me great things about portion control but SW really looks like a way of life...

Thank you for the inspiration and well done on your successes this website is awesome and so are you!! xx

Hiya MookyMooks well done for addressing it before it got out of hand. Its hard when you've been doing WW to get your head into SW but you said it all when you said...

"...WW taught me great things about portion control but SW really looks like a way of life..."

Take a look at the thread that Sarah-Jayne posted called "I'm Upset" its down a few threads but its here somewhere. Good luck hun and you'll find Minimins a real asset on your journey! xx

I've never done WW and only followed the SW plan on my own at home, so cant comment on classes, but to me WW looks like it works well for the actual duration of weight loss, but for maintence i think i would feel like i was on a diet forever, as surly if you stopped counting the points you just pile the pounds back on.
For me SW is just a change in eating habits, i havent changed much about the meals we eat from our old ones, just not using oil, having low fat cheese, cutting out the bread ( bread maker now hidden in cupboard) and cut out the sugar from my diet. has worked a treat. Think SW just becomes a easy to live with healthy eating plan for life, that all the family can benefit from.
anyway there's my two pence worth lol

Back