Couch 2 5K challenge - buddies welcomed!

Hmmmm not sure if I should bother... Just curious to see how far I run, I'm not interested in times really just distance. If it takes me ages I don't care as long as I enjoy it lol xx

I go on Map My Run to plot my route and distance :) it's basically the same thing, you just input it yourself.

Bugger didn't run yesterday......too much to do!! I'm aiming to nip out later once I've done all the ironing :beam: xx

I've not run today or yesterday.going to run tomorrow just before my op to give me the shortest time away from running. Eek!

W1R3 complete, and it felt easier although I was still puffed out lol
I bought some new running shoes last week, Nike. Not sure they are good runners...the toes on my left foot all had pins and needles!! Might need to look at alternatives! Anyone got any recommendations? X

My current runners are Nike pegasus, I like them a lot, really springy, though I did put new insoles in them for a bit more cushioning. My first ones were asics, these were great first runners, basic ones. I do know that you need to go up a half or even whole size. I'm a 6 - 6 1/2 but my running shoes are 7s. This stops your toes banging the end of your shoe.

The other thing is are you tying them too tight? This could give you pins and needles. They shouldn't be as tight as you usually would tie trainers. I pull the criss cross part of my laces only tight enough so they are not baggy, I do a knot but go under twice with the end of the lace then pull it just a little tighter than the rest then wrap the bow as usual. They are loose enough to be able to get them off and back on again without re-tying them. Hope you understood all that :) what a babble!

Just got back from op. Went fine though it feels like I've been in a fight! Dentist has told me not to run for 3 months! Thought that sounded bit excessive!? What do I know though?

Got to take it really easy for the next few days anyway, not to jolt it at all, not even supposed to talk much!

Managed to get in w9r1 this morning though at least. Oh well!

Just got back from op. Went fine though it feels like I've been in a fight! Dentist has told me not to run for 3 months! Thought that sounded bit excessive!? What do I know though?

Got to take it really easy for the next few days anyway, not to jolt it at all, not even supposed to talk much!

Managed to get in w9r1 this morning though at least. Oh well!

Oh my god that is a long time...but it's for the best x
Glad it all went well and well done on w9r1 ... Amazing!!! Xxxxx
Me thinks the laces need slackening lol xx

I have just read up about the C25K challenge.. Ive always hated running. That perhaps is because in most of my adolescent and adult life I have been overweight and now into the obese category :( (but not for long) And I would like to take it up (I think lol). What made you guys motivated to do that first run though? I might do a trail run tomorrow see what happens. eek!

Hiya!

I was sitting at my computer, musing over the fact that I couldn't find exercise classes to go to when the kids were at work and I actually had some free time and thought how much easier it would be if I could just go out for a run! However the one and only time I had purposely gone out for a run I thought my lungs and legs would explode before I'd even got to the end of my road! I wondered if there was any 'learn to run' websites then found out about c25k.

It is brill, I've actually done the programme a few times now (when I lapse :) ) and before I had an op this week was running for 30 mins comfortably.

Go for it! You'll be surprised, I was NOT built to run, but there I was actually running (or more accurately shuffling :) )and even more amazingly enjoying myself!

Hiya!

I was sitting at my computer, musing over the fact that I couldn't find exercise classes to go to when the kids were at work and I actually had some free time and thought how much easier it would be if I could just go out for a run! However the one and only time I had purposely gone out for a run I thought my lungs and legs would explode before I'd even got to the end of my road! I wondered if there was any 'learn to run' websites then found out about c25k.

It is brill, I've actually done the programme a few times now (when I lapse :) ) and before I had an op this week was running for 30 mins comfortably.

Go for it! You'll be surprised, I was NOT built to run, but there I was actually running (or more accurately shuffling :) )and even more amazingly enjoying myself!

It does sounds good. Im going to start week 1 tomorrow :D i cant wait now.

Yay! Do it! It really does make you feel you have achieved something. Now I realise that it's actually the best exercise for me and my personality.

Go nice and slow, time running is more important than speed or distance x

Hi Emmie

Bear in mind you will probably hate it for the first week (i did!) - but when you get to week 3 you feel like you will never go back. I couldnt run for 90 seconds when i first started and now im running 20 mins straight, Doesnt sound like a lot but its getting better every week :)

Well done Laura! 20 mins is brill! What are you now then? Week 6?

Argh didnt find time to start it yesterday.. but i am going to do it today after lunch for when my OH comes back :) Yay. I always hate first weeks in anything (fitness wise) But i will push through. Ive told my OH to not let me stop doing the challenge lol

Okay, sooo if you are going after lunch you need to allow your lunch to go down first or you'll give yourself stitch. Alternatively hold of on your lunch until you get back.

I can't have anything to eat or more than a mouthful to drink before I go out or I get major discomfort though everyone is different. Plus I'm always starving when I get home :)

Hope it goes well hun x

Can I join? I did W3D1 this morning at 6:30am lol - it was soo cold! I'm doing the 30 day shred as well x

Welcome jennifaerie :) and welcome for making it to week 3!

Back