Couch to 5k challenge

Oh, the more the merrier I say :D

I'm am off out tomorrow morning when I have to drop my son off at the bus stop at 8.00am. All my clothes are ready and waiting!!

I am also doing the Gillian Michael's 30 day shred and was wondering how I was going to combine the two, so I am going to go for my run and then come back and just do the strength and abs exercises.

Keep pounding those streets girls (in a good, non sexual exploitation sort of way) ;);)

definitely more the merrier!!
ive been dragging my teenage daugfhter out with me shes almost 17 so hasnt done a lot of fitness for a while.
im really enjoying it and i know it sounds silly but ive done my 3 sessions this week, i havent had a reast day as i found the first week easy and know from the past if i dont have a routine of going out at a specific time i'll find excuses not to go.

karen.hat (week1 day 3 complete):D
Margery Dawe (week2 Day 0)
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)

I agree with the routine. I think if you say that you are going to go out on certain days, then you tend to stick to it. Whereas if you go out willy nilly, you can always find an excuse and there is ALWAYS tomorrow!

yes thats what i have done in the past, ive got a few people up for jooining me that can only do certain days and some cant do others due to lack of childcare so its 8pm religiously then home for a shower watch recorded soaps and into bed! Im actually feeling more energetic for it i always said i didnt have time but its only 30mins i dont know anyone that couldnt rearrange their schedule to fit in 30 mins

Hiya can i join in too?
I'm also doing the race for life with my best friend back home who's incredibly fit as she is a trained dancer :whip: so i'm going to start tomorrow with the get running C25K app on my ipod which sounds interesting. i have never run before in my life (apart from the dreaded cross country back in school!) so i'm terrified!
Any tips anyone could give me?
:help2:

Hiya can i join in too?
Any tips anyone could give me?
:help2:
of course you can join, i too have never been a runner, i signed up for the race for life 3 years ago before i moved to europe but didnt train so ended up walking it, it was stil an amazing experience but i would love to be able to run its always been an ambition to be able to get out there pounding the pavements.
only tip i can say is set your days to go and even when your tired/achey cba still drag yourself out other than that wear a sports bra and take water!! Oh and enjoy

The best tip is to follow the programme and don't be tempted to jump ahead too soon. It starts of gently for you and very gradually builds up. Before you know it you'll be running.

Good luck and enjoy.

misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)

have added you misspinky8 dont forget to update your progress as you complete each day and let us know how your feeling ect oh and it would be interesting to know what impact running has on your wi if your willing to share

Thank-you guys for your advice i'll be up bright and early tomorrow giving it a go. I have my running shoes and my water bottle at the ready :) one day at a time! I'll post my WI's for you all too just to see if it impacts. xx

I can't wait to get on the scales on Tuesday, I just need to get through sat night first! We are off for drinks for my friends birthday and I so don't want to spoil my first week of 100% on plan and extra exercise (I'm working towards my silver now)

Hi lovelies,

I've added myself to the list as I hadn't done it as yet, going to try and do week 1, day 1 today but I'm going to have to be careful as I sprained my ankle just over a week ago and it can still be funny

Wish me luck!

Xxmrsplymdaz (aka Kat)

["]karen.hat (week1 day 3 complete):D
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 0)

Go carful with that ankle, but good luck. I'm just putting my trainers on and I'm out the door. It's wet out though :-(

Margery Dawe said:
Go carful with that ankle, but good luck. I'm just putting my trainers on and I'm out the door. It's wet out though :-(

Well done on getting yourself out the door when it's wet still!! I hope I can manage that!!

I am utterly rubbish, I woke up late and thought it was way to late to head out, scared someone from Uni will see me wobbling my belly down the street :( but I did do an hour if Wii fit to make up for it. Sorry guys must try harder well done everyone that ran today though xx

Margery Dawe (week3 Day 1)

I had a really good run this morning. Even though it was wet out, I still went and really enjoyed it. I started off on Week 3 Day 1 as I had started running before we had all the snow in December. As I said before I'm also doing an exercise DVD too.

I had no troubles and felt that I could have started on week 4, but I thought that it was probably best to build up gradually and didn't want to push myself too much. Also, when I was running before Christmas I did suffer with my shins hurting and it really spoilt the experience for me. Now, I don't know if it was because I have been doing the DVD and my muscles have improved, but I had no pain at all :D:D

I'm really confident that I'm going to do this and looking forward to completing the 5k and moving on to the 10K app.

Can I join you all please?

I started doing this a few weeks ago (I've been doing the 30 day shred too Margery Dawe :) ) and managed Week 2, Day 1 at my Boyfriends house. However when attempting Day 2 back near my digs in Birmingham City Centre, I encountered three women who proceeded to yell "Eww, look at that", "Why bother?" and "Give Up!" amongst other things. Obviously they thought this was hilarious.

Needless to say my confidence was a bit shattered and I haven't wanted to go back out running in a busy place. However I refuse to let them win and tonight I joined a gym. I figured I would do treadmill runs when in Brum and hit the pavements at my boyfriends house. Think with the rocky start I could maybe use some encouragement though, so I'd love to join you, if that's ok?

What f****** *****es (excuse the French). God, I could never imagine saying that to anyone. When I see bigger people out running I think 'good for them, at least they are doing something'.

I used to regularly see one girl out running and she was a big girl! I'm sure many of people would have has a good laugh at her, but she kept on going and she is sooooo much smaller now.

Ignore those silly cows, keep at it and then laugh in their faces when you are at target.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Can I join you all please?

I started doing this a few weeks ago (I've been doing the 30 day shred too Margery Dawe :) ) and managed Week 2, Day 1 at my Boyfriends house. However when attempting Day 2 back near my digs in Birmingham City Centre, I encountered three women who proceeded to yell "Eww, look at that", "Why bother?" and "Give Up!" amongst other things. Obviously they thought this was hilarious.

Needless to say my confidence was a bit shattered and I haven't wanted to go back out running in a busy place. However I refuse to let them win and tonight I joined a gym. I figured I would do treadmill runs when in Brum and hit the pavements at my boyfriends house. Think with the rocky start I could maybe use some encouragement though, so I'd love to join you, if that's ok?

I'm echoing Marjorie Dawes here! I know how you feel, sooo not looking forward to running round my village (It is pretty small and everyone knows everyone)! But planning to start tomorrow.

Keep it up though and stay positive!
Vx

Thank You both, I feel heaps better for just telling people about it, I'd been bottling it up until now. I think even they realised they were being cows as the last thing I heard was "That was really mean". I definitely excuse the French though and have added plenty of my own since then too.

Ignoring them is hard but I'm (mostly) succeeding in turning it into angry motivation... whilst trying not to hope for them to gain weight that is :eek: :D

I have the same view of it as you, if someone is making an effort to change then good for them! As for me, I'm booked in for my gym induction tomorrow and am planning to try and do Week 2, Day 1 again straight afterwards. Screw You, Horrid Cowbags!

I'm staying positive and I have added myself to the list:

karen.hat (week1 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week3 Day 1)
Nymple (Week2, Day 0)

that is disgusting! You get some thoroughly hurtful people sometimes i think they dont realise we have feelings too and the fact that we are ouit there giving it ago means we are changing our ways. Balls to them hold your head up high and you run girl. try getting a friend to come out with you they wont say anything to people in groups
well i did week 2 day 1 today and found it easy i think i'd worried myself into that fact i wouldnt be able to do the axtra running but hey i did and im alive and raring to get back out. Im so proud i know its early days but ive tried jogging before and always did one run then would give up so the fact ive been out 5 times means routine and you ladies are helping me to keep going!!

karen.hat (week2 day 1 complete):D
Margery Dawe (week3 Day 1 )
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 0)
Nymple (Week2, Day 0)

Back