COUNTDOWN til CHRISTMAS challenge!

Hey guys :) I wanna join in! So there're what? 23 weeks from the 16th (my first week rejoining slimming world again) in that time i want to get from my current weight (11 stone 7lbs) so urm 161 lbs? To 9 Stone 3lbs (130lbs). So loose about 31 lbs. So thats just over 1.5 a week if i count in a couple of maintains (hopefully not gains!) for things like my holiday and working away. I find it difficult to believe I could be at target by christmas but aim for the moon and even if you miss you'll land amoung the stars :) I wont SAY that Ill be happy with being at under 10 stone but its true :p I will- anything is a plus.

BY THE WAY! Don't know if this helps any of you aiming for slightly higher numbers. I was 15 stone 8 lbs when i started (218 lbs) so i have already lost 57 lbs (or 4 stone 1 lb) and previously I had reached my target weight (got into size 8's and everything!!!!!) of 130lbs so i had lost 88lbs (6 stone 4lbs) so i know it can be done! I got stupid again, got a new partner, stopped going to slimming world, got happy, ate take aways... same old story! But yeah now i am eating more than i did before again :) - infact im so full that i cant finish my HUGE portion of fruit i made for breakfast this morning! I'm hoping for a weight loss of 2lbs for this first week ( i do have a wedding to go to on saturday and i am having a kebab tonight... well i say kebab... what i mean is donner meat (small) - it says 8 syns but i count as a large because im skeptical - on salad :) but what a treat for a diet!!! with my cheese allowance on top!) so thats my hope but ill be happy with anything :) even if i lost half a pound a week average until christmas i would lose about a stone which would be worth every effort!

Anyway! Stop going off topic, they dont need to know your life story! Although i would love to hear some of your back stories?! BTW dont feel any pressure to put your weight down at all!!! I've been battling my weight since i was 13 and am LONG past caring who knows what I weigh, but thats a recent revalation, before i was mortified of anyone knowing so i dont want anyone feeling any pressure.

My lack of caring who knows came with a big thing where i was told it wasnt really my fault... i have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrom) - GOOGLE IT?! YOU MAY HAVE IT!!!!! and it caused me to feel CONSTANTLY hungry, have a very slow metabolism and generally have a lot of difficulty loosing weight- infact my doctor was very pleased with my determination (because on other diets i could eat as little as 1000kcals a day and still put on weight).

Anyway...now i am on metaformin for it (started at the same time as restarting slimming world) and i SWEAR i did not KNOW what a normal appetite was!!!!! Its amazing. Im so full all the time and dont crave pasta and bread at every meal! Even though i am allowed to haha! But the good news is slimming world is so awesome that it worked even before I began treatment!

So yeah anyone else wanna share their story feel free!

Aw that's lovely emmybean and you've done brilliant so far! You'll easy be at target for Christmas :)

Well I'm Laura and I have a 2 year old..before I had him I was a size 10/12 and i loved going out/being trendy etc! I was full of life and a very confident girl! In fact I didn't realise how confident I was untill I put weight on...at the moment I'm pretty much depressed about my weight and I don't feel like myself at all...I've tried everything these past 2 years to get it off and I've just messed about and to tell you the truth I haven't lost any weight at all - I've put it on.
But something just clicked in my head the other day and I said to myself to stick to slimming world through thick and thin - if it takes me a year or 10 years I know it will get me to where I want to be
I WANT MY OLD SELF BACK! As it does have an effect on my life and my relationship

Take a look at my diary if you like :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can so relate to you Laura*7 and you have done amazingly well Emmybean - I hope I can do as well!

I have a two year old (he was two last week) and before having him I was a size 10 and a complete fitness fanatic. Since having him I have stopped exercising anywhere near as much as I just don't have the time and just grab convenience food which has seen me balloon :-( it has also had such an effect on my mood, I don't think I could live with me at the moment!!

I am determined that my little boy will grow up with the fun loving and healthy mummy that I was before not the frumpy mummy I currently am. I also want to get back there for myself and my husband ;-)

I'm sure we will all get there together!

I can so relate to you Laura*7 and you have done amazingly well Emmybean - I hope I can do as well! I have a two year old (he was two last week) and before having him I was a size 10 and a complete fitness fanatic. Since having him I have stopped exercising anywhere near as much as I just don't have the time and just grab convenience food which has seen me balloon :-( it has also had such an effect on my mood, I don't think I could live with me at the moment!! I am determined that my little boy will grow up with the fun loving and healthy mummy that I was before not the frumpy mummy I currently am. I also want to get back there for myself and my husband ;-) I'm sure we will all get there together!

I used to be like that! I loved the gym etc but it's impossible to do it once you have a little one,
How much do you want to lose michelle?

Xx

I used to be like that! I loved the gym etc but it's impossible to do it once you have a little one, How much do you want to lose michelle? Xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would like to lose 4 stone (maybe a bit more but I want to be realistic!) and I have started going to the gym and running a bit more. It's just so bloody frustrating that I am so unfit. I know I will get there, it's just so difficult to start.

How about you?

I would like to lose 4 stone (maybe a bit more but I want to be realistic!) and I have started going to the gym and running a bit more. It's just so bloody frustrating that I am so unfit. I know I will get there, it's just so difficult to start. How about you?

I'm the same I want to lose 4 stone and I joined the gym a couple of weeks ago so fingers crossed we'll get there!!

1 1/2 off for me tonight

Laura*7 56lb - 4lb gone
Ellielw 50lb - 1lb gone
Madge 50lb - 2lb gone
Safia 50lbs - 1.5lbs gone
LV30 50lbs
michelled 56lbs
Pink 49lbs
Emmybean 31lb

Hi all
Lost 2lbs tonight. Back on track after a major gain after a weeks holiday!
Lx

Laura*7 56lb - 4lb gone
Ellielw 50lb - 1lb gone
Madge 50lb - 2lb gone
LV30 50lbs - 2lbs gone
michelled 56lbs
Pink 49lbs
Emmybean 31lb

Gah, stayed the same! Let myself down this week after going a bit crazy on a work trip. Luckily my folks are staying for a few days so I'll be on plan for all but one dinner!

Gah, stayed the same! Let myself down this week after going a bit crazy on a work trip. Luckily my folks are staying for a few days so I'll be on plan for all but one dinner!

Like me Ellie, nevermind as long as you didn't put on your still technically in the right direction hehe :) x

Hi all , can I join in ? Find challenges really help keep me focused . Have lots to lose so won't be getting to target by Christmas but would love to have 56lb gone by then .

Laura*7 56lb - 4lb gone
Ellielw 50lb - 1lb gone
Madge 50lb - 2lb gone
LV30 50lbs - 2lbs gone
michelled 56lbs
Pink 49lbs
Emmybean 31lb
I82much 56lbs -

Hi all , can I join in ? Find challenges really help keep me focused . Have lots to lose so won't be getting to target by Christmas but would love to have 56lb gone by then . Laura*7 56lb - 4lb gone Ellielw 50lb - 1lb gone Madge 50lb - 2lb gone Safia 50lbs - 1.5lbs gone LV30 50lbs - 2lbs gone michelled 56lbs Pink 49lbs Emmybean 31lb I82much 56lbs -

Welcome hun :) xx

Oh can I join too please? I think I'll stick to 3 stone (42lb)! Was going to make it higher, but u think that might be more realistic :) I joined aw last September and have lost just under 4.5stone! Just back from a week all inclusive in Lanzarote and was chuffed with only putting on 4lb!! In quite happy with the gain feel as if it's got me spurred on to have continual losses again! And this challenge will help keeping up the motivation!!

Back