Countdown to holidays - the return journey

have you tried fry light to roast the veg?How many syns in the burger or did you do your own?There is a butcher in Whitchurch Cardiff doing syn free burgers and fab sausages for 1/2 syn-much better than the supermarket rubber 1/2 syn ones-taste like real ones.

Oh yes! fry lite is a must for me - i love my roast pots and carrots, sunday dinners are not sunday dinners wthout them!, ive also picked up the salad dressing one with the balsamic one in but havent yet tried it out

They are homemade (h/m) so i know exactly whats in there, i tend not to eat sausages that much so tend to stick with the asda gfy ones

Internet was down last night so was unable to enter menu, so will pop it on this page.

Well today is Saturday 25th June - weigh in day, also it has been my star week

I weigh in front of oh, perhaps I do this so I cannot kid myself

:eek: somehow I've lost 6lb :D and Im walking around the house now with a big cheesy grin on my face.

Anyhow back to menus.

Friday 24th June - Red Day

Breakfast - 28g Museli (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch - roasted chicken thighs with skin off and taken off bone, salad, beetroot, pickles, balsamic frylite spray dressing.
muller lite yoghurt, Jelly (1.5)

Dinner - Chicken and prawns in h/m stirfry made with peppers, mushrooms, onions and beansprouts with blue dragon hoisin and garlic 2 people so half syn value (4.5)

Snacks - fresh fruit (pineapple, melon, peach, grapes, banana, kiwi)
Coffee with milk (HEa)
Litre of water, 2 vodkas (8) diet coke, and tried the muller lite vanilla with chocolate sprinkes popped in freezer - it was lush!

14 syns?

Saturday 25th June Green Day

Breakfast - fresh fruit,

Lunch - 2 slices of allinsons whole meal bread (HEb) two poached eggs, satsuma

Dinner - steak (85g - HEb) h/m potatoe wedges sprayed with frylite, spiced with cajun and paprika, mushroom cooked in frylite with small chopped fresh garlic

Snacks - fresh fruits - pineapple, peach, grapes, melon
Just saw receipe for jelly and ff yogurt so will make this, it sounded yummy! and have found out that the 1 sachet of Jelly is 1.5 for the two portions which I make for two days and not 1.5 per portion

Saturday night so its pub night - aiming to have about 5 (35ml) Bacardis (20 syns- :eek:) but with diet coke!(but its better than pint of larger)

Syns - 20 ? (have not added jelly syn as this was accounted for yesterday)

Last edited:
Note to self:

Steak dinner was absolutely divine, especially the mushrooms cooked with frylite and garlic, mmmmm.

Also tried a frozen muller lite, the vanilla with chocolate sprinkles, heaven.

Just now waiting for the lime jelly and nat ff yoghurt to set, i tried it before it was set and it was lush, i have a small ramikin and am thinking i could crush up 1 digestive and make some sort of cheese cake, worth a precious syn (or couple of!)

well done with the 6lb loss!! cheesy grins are compulsory

the cheesecake idea sounds good - but the trouble with using 1 digestive is the rest of the packet!!

wow,6lb well done girl!:girlpower::banana dancer::banana dancer:did you stick to plan after the vodka or did you get the munchies?

wow,6lb well done girl!:girlpower::banana dancer::banana dancer:did you stick to plan after the vodka or did you get the munchies?

No! but marmite was opened - so im ok there, did have a fab day on Sunday (we had home made italian all day - beautiful, well worth the syns)

Sunday 26th June Green Day

BreaKfast - fresh fruit - melon, pineapple, banana chunks

Lunch - Riso Pronto Risotto - funghi

Dinner - Creamy Stuffed Conchiglie: stuffed with ricotta cheese (HEb) chopped bacon (HEb) spinach on a bed of finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, mixed and warmed through with passata (ricotta used instead of quark - allowed 85g of ricotta as heb ricotta was 250g / 2 pax = 125g each leaves 40g - so will allow 3 aprox syns for remaining ricotta, 14g of cheddar cheese grated and grilled over shells (HEa) - made from green book

Snacks, drinks - chilled ff nat yog mixed with jelly 1.5 per sachet (next portion do not account for as accounted for here) Coffees made with splashes of milk out of remaining HEa allowance

Monday 26th June Red Day

Breakfast - 28g Alpen (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yogurt

Lunch - h/m burger done on g/f with wholemeal roll 7 syns, topped with uncooked onions

Dinner - slow cooked spicy asian beef 2.5 approx syns, per serving BritMuminCanada recipe, cant wait to try as it smells and looks absolutely gorgeous, mixed stir fry veg and beansprouts

Snacks - muller lite, fresh fruit, water, coffee with milk (HEa)

Last edited:
Tuesday 28th June - Green

Well I'll be glad to get back to work, I seem to be more controlled when I am at work, have not done too well today :sigh: I am not eating as much fruit nor am I drinking enough water, plus I am altering my menus- why because I'm home and I can, so after my cheesy grins on Saturday, this week I feel will not be good.

Breakfast - Fruit, ff yoghurt, 28g Alpen (5)

Lunch - Ham (HEb) lettuce, watercress, cucumber, beetroot, pickle onions, onions, red pepper, sweetcorn, radish, cheddar cheese (HEa) plus extra (6)
wholemeal roll (5.5)

Dinner - 4 New potatoes cooked in skins, pork chop trimmed (HEb) marrowfat peas, carrots, stuffing ball (3) yorkshire pudding (2.5) gravy (3)

Total syns - 25
No extra fruit, 4 pints of water/no added sugar squash

Not happy at all, I have not had any fruit other than breakfast and have just pigged out going way over syns.

I am back to work tomorrow and have already planned my meals, which I am not altering

Wednesday 29th June Green

Breakfast - fresh fruit, ff yoghurt, alpen (HEb)

Lunch - Egg salad, which has lettuce, watercress, cucumber, onion, sliced red pepper, sweetcorn, beetroot, pickle onions, radish. - sprayed with frylite balsamic dressing

Dinner - Mash potato, cooked with onions, made up with cheese (HEa) to make cheesy mash, gammon (HEb) trimmed and cooked on g/f (HEb) beans

Snacks - Jelly (1.5) fresh fruit (peach, banana, kiwi, grapes)
Water, coffee with splashes of milk

Syns 1.5

Thursday 30th June. Red day

Breakfast - alpen, ff nat yog, fresh fruit

Lunch - ham salad, with pickles, beetroot, balsamic frylite spray

Dinner - spicy bbq chicken (slimming eats recipe)(mmmm - tasty) with salad and small jacket potato 2.5 syns for marinade mix. Slice of wholemeal bread (havent got book with me so need to find syn value)

Snacks, fresh fruit, 0% shape yoghurt, jelly 1.5 syns
Water, coffee with splash of milk, muller lite choc & vanilla yog

Last edited:
Friday 1st July - Red Day

Breakfast - Alpen (HEb), fresh fruits, ff nat yog

Lunch - Fresh green salad with watercress and sweetcorn

Dinner - Jacket potato (HEb) Huntsman chicken, with cheese (HEa) bbq sauce (1 teaspoon on each - not sue of syn value so will put these down as 1 syn on each) (2)

Snacks - fresh fruit, jelly (1.5)
Water, coffee with splashes of milk

3.5 Syns

Saturday 2nd July - Green day

Weigh day - this was one not looked forward to as had a couple of days off from work and ate off plan, changing menus and also did not eat so much fruit or drink water,

Didnt lose any, but happy that nothing put on after last week.

This weekend its family visits so trying to stick to plan as much as can, in fact whole of July has birthdays in so will try to be careful.

Anyhow back to menus:

Saturday 2nd July - Green Day

Breakfast - fresh fruit, alpen (HEb) ff nat yoghurt

Lunch - Beans on toast 2 pieces small white bread (6)

Dinner - h/m potato wedges with paprika and cajun spices, Chicken thighs (HEb) with no skin and taken off the bone with jerk seasoning (mmm) brown rice with mixed mexican beans, palm size torn piece of wholemeal baguette (3.5)

Water, coffee with milk (HEa)

Syns 9.5

Sunday 3rd July - Red Day

Breakfast - Honey nut shreddie wheat (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch - 1 grilled beef burger (3) , 1 chicken thigh with no skin, 1 spiced chicken breast, 2 reduced fat asda sausages (2) wholemeal roll (HEb) Cheese (HEa), salad, BBq sauce (2)

Dinner - Ham salad

Fresh fruit, water, no added sugar squash, coffee with splashes of milk

7 Syns
can allow for a glass of white wine if wanted (5.5) need to add if do have a wine

Well not have wine so syn total stays at 7

Last edited:
Monday 4th July Red Day

Breakfast – Alpen (HEb) FF Nat Yoghurt, Fresh Fruit

Lunch – Salad with mixed peppers, onions, radishes
5 Light Laughing Cow Blue (HEa)

Dinner – H/m pork meatballs, pasta (HEb) mushroom and tomato sauce (5) (split into three portions for syn purpose)

Snacks – fresh fruit, muller lite yoghurt, Jelly (1.5)
Water, Coffee with splashes of milk (HEa)

Syn total - 5.5

Tuesday 5th July Green day

Breakfast – Alpen HEb FF Nat Yoghurt, Fresh Fruit

Lunch – Left over pasta and sauce (5) 3rd portion of sauce from yesterday

Dinner – Pork chop trimmed (HEb), Boiled new potatoes, carrots, peas – marrowfat, roast pots and carrots done in frylite, gravy (3) 1 stuffing ball (3) 1 yorkshire (2.5)

Snacks – fresh fruit, jelly, 0% FF shape yoghurt
Water, coffee with milk (HEa)

Syn 13.5

Wednesday - 6th July - Red Day

Breakfast - Alpen (HEb), ff nat yoghurt, fresh fruit

Lunch - Ham, cheese (HEa) and egg salad with sweetcorn, pickles and beetroot with fryite balsamic dressing

Dinner - Ham, mushoom, egg omelette

Snacks - fresh fruit, 0% ff yoghurt, jelly (1.5)
Snacka a jacks s/vinegar (5) - may be

Syns - 6.5

Did have snackajacks so syns is 6.5 but also had a martini and diet lemonade so need to add further 3.5 syns and half fresh grapefruit with dinner

NEW SYN TOTAL - 10

Last edited:
Back