Counting down to 30

Saturday night was really not on plan

I had a dark and stormy before going out (although only syns were rum as I made it with diet ginger beer), we split a garlic mushrooms and chicken wings for a starter, pork loin with bubble and squeak mash and sauce for main and then crumble and custard for pudding - with two glasses of prosecco and then a glass of whisky. Whoops.

I'm just sticking to plan for the rest of the week though, I'm not going to reduce my syns and just hope that I still manage a loss. I tend to find I lose better when my syns are on the higher end so maybe a night off (as long as I don't go too crazy) may also be beneficial for my weight loss. Due on this weekend though so still expecting a bit of a bloat on Friday (my boobs are already starting to feel fuller and heavier, I wish they wouldn't do that every month)

We have one, well he's mind from a previous relationship - he's 9 so there will be a big age gap. My husband has been around since he was 14 months old though, so I know he will be a fantastic dad as he's always been fantastic with him.
Awww that's some a precious age :) x

Sounds like a lovely meal!

Looks like we'll have to put off trying for a few months longer than we planned due to different things :( gutted but it gives me time to get to target before we try at least.

I'm hoping the age gap isn't too much of a problem but he really wants us to have a baby which is nice, he could have just got used to being an only child.

Hey,

how are you getting on this week? great news about trying for a baby soon. I think big age gaps are great, my children are 13, 12, 4 and 4months. the older ones are great with the little ones. We've decided to have another baby, planning on trying from May so might be pregnant at the same time :) x x

This week hasn't been great slimming world wise - I lose a lb on Friday but then went out for a work night out and then Saturday had pie and chocolate... I'm cutting down my syns to 5 or 6 syns a day until next Friday (when I will probably do the same because next weekend is my husbands birthday and we have a lot of plans including food)

Ahhh that's fab to hear you have big age gaps that work well :) also great that we will be trying around the same time, would be great to have someone else to talk to about being on slimming world and pregnant :) We will probably be putting off trying until during/after the cruise now so July time (we were going to start in March but my brother has booked his wedding for February and then my period came early this month which would mean we might not fit in the right time for going on the cruise) we said about starting to try in May, which we might still do but we're considering whether maybe waiting until the cruise now to avoid being in the early stages of pregnancy while on holiday just in case I suffer with bad morning sickness (as that doesn't seem like it would mix well with a boat) or have any bleeding and we're stuck in the middle of nowhere without the proper medical care.

Well - this week is proving to be just damage limitations.

I've already had a proper pancake - although that won't be too many syns, made them myself and had fruit and a free yogurt on. Planning on having one with cheese and chicken later on as my son wants to eat pancakes all day - no idea how many syns to count as obviously just made the mixture up (which is 20 for the whole lot) and made up pancakes. I doubt I'll even have half to myself over the day so safe to count 10 syns although I was hoping to keep my syns closer to 5 a day for the rest of this week as I went over at the weekend. Husband wants to do something nice tomorrow for tea but I'm hoping I can convince him steak with slimming world chips and veg is nice enough and we don't need a treat after.

Next week will be the same as it's my husbands Birthday so we're out for lunch on Sunday, probably out Friday and possibly Saturday night for it too (although I won't be drinking it will just be wherever he decides to eat) and afternoon tea on Saturday lunch time too with friends. So will be back to only 5 syns a day for the rest of the week. Hopefully then I can get properly back on track and only have my daily syns for a while. I really don't want to still be this weight (or heaven forbid even heavier) for my Birthday or the cruise. I was this weight when I went on the cruise last year, so I'd like to have lost even more by the time we go on the next one - otherwise it just suggests I've been farting around for a year. (Although I am very glad that I haven't gained any and have lost all my gains from the cruise and from Christmas)

Feeling really positive today despite the pancakes yesterday. I'm secretly hoping for a loss on Friday because I feel really good. However I will have to remind myself it hasn't been the best of weeks if I don't lose and remember that next Friday as well. Fingers crossed I may have done enough damage limitation the rest of the week though. At least after next week we have a few normal weeks for me to start losing some before plans get crazy busy again.
14 weeks until I turn 30! There's still time to get to target.

Life is always going to throw us curve balls and it is just how we deal with them that matters, and as long as you can get back on the wagon and refocus you will get there! so Yes you have stuff going on but YOU can do this!

Thank you :)

Yes I can do it - I just wish I could do it a little faster haha - but I am feeling good about myself and I do have a while until my target dates. As long as I don't weigh the same as I do now for my Birthday or my cruise I will be happy. My sons coming with us to the afternoon tea on Saturday now as well and you get loads there so we won't be buying him a separate one which means there will be less for me to eat. Whoop whoop. I might even let him have my big cupcake (might-they are gorgeous so I may be tempted to buy another one.... although no as we will be having cake the following day for husbands Birthday so I will be good) :)

It sounds lovely!

Maintained this week, would have liked a loss but with everything that's gone on I cannot complain. Obviously the next couple of weeks I would love to see some losses but I will be happy if I maintain for the next couple of weeks too as we have a lot on this week and then the following week will be star week.

As long as I don't gain and losses start again after that I will be happy :)

we (and I include myself) need to remember this is a life changing thing, and there will be times when maintaining is a win, and we just have to get back on the wagon as soon as we fall off!

Well done on maintaining!

Back