daily mail article about alternate day fasting

i too started today on an up day, but really am worried about putting on weight. I had burger king and chips for brunch, then a slimfast shake and dinner of chicken and cous cous curry. I don't intend to eat rubbish, but today i was a bit confused about what to do, so just tried to eat lots more calories. Good luck to everyone.

I watched horizon last night and it has got me thinking about this too. I have been obsessing about my weight and diets for so long this sounds so refreshing.

Should I buy the book or is the website as much as I need?

:)

All you really need to know is it's 500 cals or less on a DD and whatever you want on an UD (around 2000 cals plus). You can have two UD's in a row but not two DD's and you need to eat your UD cals to create the "swing". The most important bit is sticking to under 500 on a DD!

I hope this makes sense?

Alex
Xx

I don't know if you managed to watch the programme, I did, & it made very interesting watching, I'd recommed trying to catch it on iplayer. The programme promoted fasting as a way of keeping healthy & longlife rather than a way to lose weight. Through an interpreter they spoke to the guy who is 101 & ran a marathon:eek: he put his longeivity down to eating 'children size' potions.

Yep Dr Johnson explains this too, weight loss is just a very welcome side effect x

Hello everyone :) wow! It's good to see so many new people. All I can say is have faith! Look at Ruths diary for recipients and weight loss but please pay attention to Jo's diary as she talks about the changes to her body shape. From get diary you can see how we shouldn't be purely motivated by the scales. Everyone here does their own version of up day down day. Most fast Mon wed Fri with very up weekends. And more controlled up tues thurs. The down days r important! Keep them low, it's these days that recover from our ups. Enjoy your food! Don't b scared of it anymore xxx

i too started today on an up day, but really am worried about putting on weight. I had burger king and chips for brunch, then a slimfast shake and dinner of chicken and cous cous curry. I don't intend to eat rubbish, but today i was a bit confused about what to do, so just tried to eat lots more calories. Good luck to everyone.
Okay, as a general rule of thumb you want to alternate between 500/2000, the UP day limit is only important in the fact that you need to eat around those cals, don't aim for a cal controlled day just eat what you would normally eat (on a normal day when you are not dieting that is), you don't need to eat rubbish just to get to your cals, try and eat healthily as we all should be but have treats if you want , just think of DD s (down days) as diet days 500 cals or under and then your UP day is a normal run of the mill normal person day, does that help ? x

Hiiiii
well, I'm new too! I've lost 2 stone with mix of ww and cc, down to my last half stone, things have slowed right down!
i too watched the horizon programme and it was definatley a light bulb moment! Very very interesting, more for the health benefits really but the weight loss is a great bonus!
ive started today on a DD had 497 cals and don't feel too bad. Gonna give it a try for a week and see how I go.
good luck to new starters like me and a big thankyou to all for the fab posts :)

Welcome and good luck to all the newbies, any questions ask away there is always someone to help you out x

Yep Dr Johnson explains this too, weight loss is just a very welcome side effect x

Ahhhhh I didn't realise, I've only every done SW & know nothing about JUDD;)

I think we are planning dd to be 2,3 times a week. Not as strict as alternate days. I wonder how much effect this will have on the results?

Hopefully at the very least I will learn new things about food and kick start some losses again ..

I only do 3 DD s a week, m, w and f the rest are UP, I accept that my weight loss would probably be quicker if I did an extra DD but I love having my weekends off, so its all compromise, if you can lose by doing it with 2 DD s then no problem, someone on here can't rcall who for a minute is a little random with her DD s but still achieves a loss most weeks, it really is an individual thing as to how it will affect your body and as you rightly say , you will work it out by trying it out, good luck x

Thank you for all your advice!
One more question... Can I / should or shouldn't I eat back any exercise calories ? I would do my main exercise on an up day I think but if I did burn a few hundred on a dd could I eat an extra 100? Or does that still defeat what is going on inside?! Sorry if these are dumb questions!

Just ate a blue berry muffin :)

Hope you enjoyed the muffin lol ! Its not recommended that you eat back your cals on DD s not really sure about UP s to be honest, you should keep exercise to UP days as you really won't have enough on board to sustain you on a DD, I can't exercise due to joint problems, school run is my limit but someone who does exercise will be able to answer your question better than me x

lumpyandbumpy said:
i agree, when i first started CD i was losing on average 6lbs a fortnight which i was happy with as it was quick and regular, now im lucky to lose 2lbs a fortnight and for what? a few measly shakes and bucket loads of water every day! not worth it any more, JUDDD is the way forward for me and i'll be happier losing 1lb a week to get my last stone off as i'll be eating real food with yummy flavour!

Lumpy im in the exact same position - been on cwp for a while... Got one more stone to go and debating getting it off this way ( well i think id like to lose. A stone and 10lbs but original goal was to lose 4st and ive already done 3!)

Can we use our cwp shakes on a DD??? X

Yes you can use your shakes on a DD, you can use whatever you like as long as you stay at the 500 cals mark x

: D well i think this could be my first DD!!!
Does alcohol affect things.... Say on an UD could you eat only 1000 cals and have the further 1000 in alcohol?

Lumpy im in the exact same position - been on cwp for a while... Got one more stone to go and debating getting it off this way ( well i think id like to lose. A stone and 10lbs but original goal was to lose 4st and ive already done 3!)

Can we use our cwp shakes on a DD??? X

ill be using my shakes on DDs to make sure i stick within the calorie range but also to stop myself being tempted by extra naughty food on DDs! x

: D well i think this could be my first DD!!!
Does alcohol affect things.... Say on an UD could you eat only 1000 cals and have the further 1000 in alcohol?
yes, you can use your cals for anything x

Back