Danni's Weight Loss Diary

Had to go back to the hospital again for the appointment I tried to have last week.

It went 100 times better.

First of all, I had stretcher ambulance transport both ways, so could lie down. This meant I had the energy to get in and out of my flat my normal way, so didn't need to be carried (Johan was lifting me up the stairs, but I was able to help a bit, with the ambulance woman lifting my legs).

They didn't have anywhere I could lie down when we got there, so they let me straight in for my appointment, about an hour and 20 minutes early. The appointment went well, despite the fact I haven't been able to speak today (not unusual for me- it's like I forget the mechanics of how to speak). We managed by having Johan sit next to me and reading what I was typing (I took my Android tablet with me), plus answering whatever questions he already knew the answer to.

While waiting for the ambulance home, we found a comfy sofa so I reclined on that :)

On the way home the light was bothering me because I'd forgotten my sunglasses, so the nice ambulance people closed all the blinds for me. They were amazing.

I got home about 20 to 12 (my appointment was meant to be for 11am, but we were finished by 10am- we waited an hour for the ambulance) and I've just been in bed resting since I got back. Johan's booked stretcher transport for next week when I get my teeth removed, and they've advised me to take in some overnight stuff in case I'm not well enough to go home the same day (though they hope I will be). I am hoping I'll get the ability to speak back at some point :p

Today's food:

Breakfast: Jelly and ice cream

Lunch: Cheese and tomato pasta with extra mozzarella, followed by jelly and ice cream.

Dunno what's for tea yet, but I'll be having some jelly and ice cream :p It's really nice on my throat, and I can still eat it if I forget how to chew (which happened last night).

Glad that the hospital appointment went well, and yes, you've got me thinking of Jelly and ice cream now!;)

Back