Day 111 - 75lb and 60.5" lost!

Yes 16lb since 31st December :)

Feeling rather blue this evening. My mum died of MND in 2010. Since she was diagnosed I have been quite involved with the MND Association. I have met a lot of people with MND through there, and sadly one of them passed away this morning. So feeling a little bit tearful at the moment. He was only 40 odd and leaves behind 2 young children :(

Day 13 - and feeling awesome tonight! Days 11 and 12 were a bit of a struggle. Don't know why, just felt hungry and occupied with the thoughts of food. But I stayed strong, and have found day 13 an absolute breeze.

Celebrated my weight loss so far by buying myself a nice belt from Evans. Kind of needed to because my jeans are starting to feel somewhat looser! Huzzah! Long way to go yet, I know that, but I am in this for the long haul!

The next belt I buy I will be buying from a "normal size" store, not a plus size one!

Oops, haven't been here for a few days! Weigh in yesterday - lost another 6lb! So that takes me to 22lb in total, wooohoooooooo!

Today I have had a sort of SS+ day. Wasn't planned, but I went to work and forgot to pick up my shake on the way out the door (had a porridge already at work). So had my porridge mid morning, then was stupidly busy in a stupidly hot office and ended up quite woozey. By mid afternoon I felt really quite unwell, so nipped to the shop next door. Managed to get some salad leaves (rocket) and some chicken. Used 50g of the chicken and binned the rest! Felt a lot better for it, but not something I will be doing regularly! SS is what works for me and I need to get my head back in to it 100%

Day 21!!! Can't believe it!!!!! Weigh in tomorrow, just hoping that a few more pounds have shifted this week...

Day 22 - End of week 3 weigh in... and I am another 5lb down!!!!! 27lb in 3 weeks. Happy happy happy!!!

New mini goals...

Next goals:
1lb off = 2 stone off (22st 9lb)
8lb off = 2 1/2 stone off (22st 2lb)
11lb off = under 22stone (21st 13lb - haven't been there for a long time!)
15lb off = 3 stone off (21st 9lb)
19lb off = Under 300lb!!! (21st 5lb) - I would like to be here by 1st March ideally! But won't beat myself up if I am not :)

Day 24 and stinking cold in situ. Urgh. Feel rubbish. Spent all afternoon in bed. Bah.

Well it is the end of day 24... which officially marks my longest ever stretch on this diet without a f*** up, binge, cheat or anything else!

The first time I did this diet, back in 2008, I was doing brilliantly, when we found on on day 21 of my diet that my brother had been offered a job in Menorca for the summer and would be leaving in a few days. So my dad decided we all had to go out for a big meal as a send off.

Stupidly I absolutely binged that night. 3 courses of lard. Chiquitos. Can't remember what I ate, I just remember being violently ill that night. Eating such a massive amount of carbs and fat and calories that night caused my insides to basically go nuts. I was up all night with violent pains as my liver expanded and tried to cope with the influx of junk. So so poorly. It was a massive lesson learnt the very hard way!

After that I struggled to get back on the diet. I did manage to stick to it about 80%, but had lots of little extra additions. This was in the days before SS+, and I was justifying all sorts of little extras. Amazingly I still managed to lose weight, but it was more down to my low calorie intake rather than specifically the diet. I lost a total of 5 stone in 3 months - still hoping I can replicate the same this time, especially as I am being a lot more disciplined and committed than I was the first time!!!!

Hi Starlit, you are going absolutly fan bloody tastic, keep up the good work. This is deffinatly the best diet that i have been on. I will keep coming back to your diary to see how your doing.

Re: End of day 24... Officially my longest...

Thanks Mick! My head is definitely in the right place this time which makes it a lot easier! Day 25 today woohoo

Full of cold and cough today and aching all over, but had some good news too!

Last summer as a bit of a last minute thing, I applied to do my MSc, and got accepted on the course! Surprised me as I didn't expect it, and I certainly didn't expect an unconditional offer! Anyway, I had to defer - I was unemployed at the time and certainly had no hope of finding the £4k per year for fees! Anyway I never heard anything at all after deferring... so I contacted the University yesterday, just to see how the land lies... and I am definitely down to start the course this September!!!! EEK!!!!!! Not entirely sure where I am going to find the £4k I need - saving my backside off I think, short of a lottery win! I don't need all the money upfront for September fortunately, I can pay in 3 instalments throughout the academic year, but still need to find a couple of grand before September.

Anyway - EXCITING!!!!!

I have a massive NSV to share!!!!!!

Just been sorting out my room - turned in to a bit of a dumping ground of piles of clean clothes I never quite get to put away... Anyway, I turned up a pair of size 18 jeans that I had put out to stick on ebay last year - I remember trying them on at the time and not being able to get past my thighs. Anyway curiosity means I just had to try them on tonight, and they FIT! Ok, I still have a huge muffin top and would be arrested if I wore them in public, but the fact is I got them all the way on and did them up with relative ease!!!!! My current jeans are size 24's and I was bulging over the top of them before starting this diet :D Reckon it will be another 2 stone before I can wear them comfortably, but I am still dead chuffed :D

Re: MASSIVE NSV TO SHARE!!!

End of day 26 (though i guess it's now day 27 actually!!!) and feeling awesome! Away at friends for the weekend and they are very supportive :)

You are doing brilliantly. I love when that happens. You try something on that couldn't fit before :) and it does. I can't wait for that to happen to me

I actually tried on a few things today, to help motivate me because I keep messing up, only lost a stone since stating jan 1 but am determined to get the other 5 -6 stones off.

Good luck with the rest of your weight lose journey, you have inspired me to try harder

Hi Starlit, just read through your diary and have to say thank you. I've found this so inspiring and love to see when people on CD are totally in the zone its great :)

When I started my CD journey on 7th Jan I had 7 stone to lose, I now have 6 to go and although this is a lot I am truly confident I can do this. I get some support from home and work but there are a lot of sceptics out there. I love coming onto the CD forums on minimins to see how everyone is coping/progressing as we're all in this together and going on the same journey.

Please keep writing your diary to share your progress xx

Wooohooooooooo! End of day 28, that's 4 weeks of SS/SS+ done!!! I feel good, other than having not poo'd for a few days!!!! Really need to resolve that particular issue before weigh in tomorrow ;) No idea what, if anything, I have lost this week. Haven't weighed in a few days but feel like I am going to have a really low loss this week. Really really hope I am wrong!!!!

Back