Day one SF

Reflection on first week:

Successes-
  • Enjoyed the shakes, blended up with semi-skimmed milk and ice. Took one into work and used shaker- wasn't as nice!
  • Snacks- i initially enjoyed the SF snacks (bars), but novelty of eating chocolate wore off and they are not filling. Found skinny popcorn and the SF snack noodles to be great, supplemented with apples and bananas.
  • Enjoy that can have a dinner in the evening. this is something i really look forward too and find that after only really having shakes/snacks all day it is gladly received.
Failures-
  • Struggled to drink enough water- kinda have to force myself. This is a daily struggle anyway
  • falling off the wagon- found I was tempted to have Couple of alcoholic drinks in the week. Skipped either dinner or a shake to make up for calories.
  • Good days/Bad days. Easy some days, a struggle the next.
Im gonna do it for another week and re-assess. I may then calorie count or drop to one shake a day (breakfast) or keep it up. Will see what week two is like. Hoping to pick up on my gym training this week (back permitting)

OMG!! Well done, that's a fab loss in your first week. You must be super pleased!!

Like Laura, I very rarely have the SF snacks, I just stick to normal snacks which are less than 100 calories.

I've been doing SF for a few weeks now and have started playing around with it a bit. So for example if someone brings cakes into work then I don't have a snack or shake depending on the cake. Also yesterday my kids made me breakfast, it was healthy but I cut out a shake and a snake to compensate for the treat :)

Good luck this week.

OMG!! Well done, that's a fab loss in your first week. You must be super pleased!!

Like Laura, I very rarely have the SF snacks, I just stick to normal snacks which are less than 100 calories.

I've been doing SF for a few weeks now and have started playing around with it a bit. So for example if someone brings cakes into work then I don't have a snack or shake depending on the cake. Also yesterday my kids made me breakfast, it was healthy but I cut out a shake and a snake to compensate for the treat :)

Good luck this week.

Yeah i like the idea of adaption as mentioned above. Thanks :)

Wow not far to go then for you at all, Your lucky that big loss has been a great start hasn’t it.

Have you thort about having normal food as your snacks? I did this just cause it worked out cheaper and I preferred the better tasting food .

Must say tho the noodles look yummy

It has been a good kick up the proverbial! Yes I think I just initially grabbed a fistful of their snacks for ease and to work out the diet.

The noodles are like marmite and feedback is very mixed. They are like a small meal and more filling then say the bars

Ye it makes it easy for first few weeks doesn’t it. Ye they look fab for 100 cals.

See I’m naughty I chose quavers, kitkat and piece of fruit for my snacks lol

Right Day 11 done- Coffee, banana, SF Shake breakfast time. Fast forward to dinner (via bag of popcorn and apple, another coffee and cup of tea) and it was dinner Mediterranean chicken with broccoli, salad, coleslaw and sweet potato. Kinda didn't know what to make of dinner calorie wise and couldn't finish as i was full so didn't bother with second shake.

Been recommended these cake bars called 'fibre one' that are on special in Sainsburys for £1.50 x 5. Will try them for a bit of variety- thoughts?

Ye I wouldn’t recommend them lol. So tiny better off with a normal bar . They taste alright but if I had choice of something else for 100 I’d choose that. There is loads of things out there for 100 cals you would be surprised. This is why I prefer calorie counting I had wispa yesterday for 140 so can have what ever you fancy really.

Ye I also loved the choc shakes they gave me a choc fix. Milkado I think that’s how you spell it are very low 11 sticks for 120 cals

DB355F72-9DD4-438A-8196-1455CC9C76E4.png

So have you done two weeks on Thursday then?

I thort your weigh day was Sunday or did you just do week and 3 days before you first weighed

So have you done two weeks on Thursday then?

I thort your weigh day was Sunday or did you just do week and 3 days before you first weighed

No I started Saturday 3rd March- but did weigh in on the Monday (10 days after). I meant to weigh on the Sunday, but wasn't able to. Life got in the way LOL

Yesterday- tried the fibre one bars. Yes they are a bit on the small side and I could only get the chocolate flavour (not very exciting). Picked up the caramel flavour this morning, but really wanted the cinnamon. _Sainsburys dont do them (or this branch didnt).
Two shakes done, with snacks and Main meal (chicken, sweet potato and some cauliflower cheese). Felt tired due to lack of calories and the fact I was chopping up logs and repairing a roof yesterday.

Yesterday- tried the fibre one bars. Yes they are a bit on the small side and I could only get the chocolate flavour (not very exciting). Picked up the caramel flavour this morning, but really wanted the cinnamon. _Sainsburys dont do them (or this branch didnt).
Two shakes done, with snacks and Main meal (chicken, sweet potato and some cauliflower cheese). Felt tired due to lack of calories and the fact I was chopping up logs and repairing a roof yesterday.

I like the fibre one bars but like you say they are really small. For the same amount of calories you could have a small bag of crisps.
Have you tried the peas snacks or the lentil curls from aldi? They are really tasty and less than 100 calories.

I'll probably weigh in on Monday now (or after)- It's something im more than happy to put off.
Complimented today by female friend I met for coffee that I looked toned (any compliment is a bonus)- but she hasnt seen me in years LOL

It’s great isn’t it when you get a compliment really puts a smile on your face. I think the choc ones are the better ones but give them a try see what you think. I had mircrowave chips for my snack lol they are 150 a box so I had 2 boxes

Thursday- banana and shake on way to work. Fibre one bar and apple at work, coffee, tea. Lunch pub food (beef sub roll with chips). Kinda wanted calories as had a boxing show in evening and was training/cornering fighters. Late night didnt get home till midnight and whipped up an egg and salad wrap and a fibre one bar- then hit the sack.
Friday-Woke up, coffee, fibre one bar and small bag of skinny popcorn. Gonna glug a shake and then get on with days routine.

Monday- weigh in. Possibly a pound lost, but Im marking it as staying the same.
Was following SF Mon to Thurs and kinda fell off the bandwagon come Friday. I knew Saturday (St Patricks day would be a struggle).
So a re-start today, coupled with a more regular gym routine should be just what the Dr ordered

How’s it going? At least you know why you stayed the same. Sometimes can’t be helped can it we are all entitled to a treat .

Good luck for this week

Ok similar week this week. Only a pound lost and have only really some 2 days SF. Will try to make more of effort next week (even weighed early)

Back