Desperate Dawn

Mmm wanna try the chicken strips!

I'd say that's a good idea. Or you could weigh out the amount and then you won't have so much and the portion size will be right.

Dawn, I do alot of batch cooking on a weekend, i portion it up once cooked and the minute it's cool enough it's in the freezer in little Me size portions. It has really helped.

I split recipes in two as well, just literally divide the quantities in half so i waste less food as there is only ever OH and I at home.

I really must make the effort to keep a daily update :(. not done too bad today (so far) and yesterday, for dinner yesterday i had Shepherds Pie and Veg, for 260 calories, i confess to not counting veg because it was only greens :), today i am having Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Sauce and salad which is something to look forward to.

It was delicious i Will put the recipe in Recipe section.

Today i have the day off it is a beautiful sunny day but i am stuck indoors because my feet are just so painful i can barely walk, and the more i walk the worse it gets, i am struggling after work yesterday. My main concern (or one of them), is that i am unable to do exercise because of the pain, and i have always been active, how will that affect my diet :(

Last edited:
Aww hun. Hope tomorrow is better :)

Well today i was busy at work doing the christmas window, my feet and knees hurt so much, about 5 years ago i suffered badly with osteoarthritis looks like it could be back. Probably, because of my feet i am not walking very well and the cold.

I decided i need to eat more fish well i am not a great fish lover, but it is very low in calories and very good for you, so need to make an effort.

I made Herb encrusted cod at 169 calories, I put the recipe in recipe section, surprisingly i quite enjoyed it, i served it with new pots and and veg.

Sounds delicious. I'll check out the recipe section.

Hope everythings OK? :)

Ha ha on my weigh in today i lost a wapping 2lb so had a good start to the day. I also stayed on track i had Spaghetti Carbonara for Dinner made with pasta :). I put recipe in recipe section :)

Not feeling too bad about my diet, it is just stress at work, with family and my aches and pains, i just wish i could live on desert island, oh well.

That's brilliant! Well done!

A busy day today, this morning i had parade service at Church with my brownies, it was a nice service and we dedicated the shoe boxes ready to be sent abroad, after being filled for the children.

This afternoon was our Town Christmas Light up so had to open the shop, which we don't normally do on a Sunday being a family business we need a day off a week.

For tea i did Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner (recipe in recipe slow cooker thread), the chicken turned out beautiful.

Sunday is a difficult day for me i always have my daughter and husband and 2 grandchildren for lunch and dinner, we always have a roast type dinner and a pudding (only day of week do a pudding), so i normally end up going over calories :(

Now finished work, family gone home and i am so tired, my feet are sore, going to now have a shower and collapse and watch strictly and x factor (if i don't fall asleep).

Last edited:
Back