Diary of a 20-something serial dieter

Ahh thanks Wolf and littlemisspiggy16 - I did note the brown roll down as my HEX on my sheet but just forgot on here.

Had a HORRID few days. It started on Wednesday (weigh day). I was super excited for weighing as I feel like I've lost weight and apart from the drinking, have generally stayed within my syns allowance. So I had my frittata for breakfast, then soup for lunch. Went to get weighed and lost 1.5lbs. Now I know that's good, as a loss is a loss, but honestly I did feel disappointed. This was my first week back at SW and I wanted at least to get back into the 11st bracket. So yeh, disappointed. Anyway, I had planned to have a 'treat' meal afterwards if I lost. But absolutely went too far - ended up binge eating so much food and feeling awful, sick, my stomach hurt etc. I wasn't even hungry but felt that I needed to eat all the food I had bought, as I couldn't eat it tomorrow as I would be back on track. Because I'd eaten so much I felt low in mood and so guilty.

But thought to myself, OK, lets get back on track tomorrow. So Thursday I had good intentions - again had my frittata for breakfast with some onion chutney, then an apple and some soup for lunch. Had a tangerine for a snack. But just felt such an urge to eat more. I felt pretty tired and drained from work (I work 7 days a week which doesn't help) and hadn't put any coping strategies in to stop myself. I'm sure some of you know how it is - once I got the idea in my head that I should binge out, I just let it draw me in. So after a perfectly fine day of eating, I ended up getting loads of chocolate from the petrol station (I had to get petrol anyway so thought 'I might as well'), then had a KFC style wrap for tea, then finished off the rest of my binge foods that I hadn't physically been able to fit in the day before. Again, I went to bed feeling sick, tired, low in mood, bloated and guilty.

So here we are. I need to made a decision about my food choices over the next 5/6 days if I'm ever going to lose or maintain this week. So I know what I need to do, it's just about putting it in place. Today in work I'll be fine, I have frittata for breakfast (although getting sick of it - note not to have it next week!) and my usual soup, apple and tangerine in work. However the main difficulty will be tonight. I'm traveling to London for a night out with a friend. The first difficulty will be what I'm having for tea - I'll not have time to make anything after work and then will be on the train for a few hours. I have lot of snacks I could take (boiled eggs, fruit etc) but should really eat something 'proper' if I'm going out drinking. I'm just hoping there will be a good option at the station - maybe a sandwich with my HEX's. Then the second difficulty is the drinking. It's definitely not something I can avoid but do want to limit it to a few drinks before we go out. Thats both for SW and financial purposes!

So I am just hoping, praying, for an OK day/weekend. I know that it's ultimately up to me and no change will come about without me taking responsibility for my eating/drinking, but just going to take it one meal at a time for now.

Ahh thanks Wolf and littlemisspiggy16 - I did note the brown roll down as my HEX on my sheet but just forgot on here.

Had a HORRID few days. It started on Wednesday (weigh day). I was super excited for weighing as I feel like I've lost weight and apart from the drinking, have generally stayed within my syns allowance. So I had my frittata for breakfast, then soup for lunch. Went to get weighed and lost 1.5lbs. Now I know that's good, as a loss is a loss, but honestly I did feel disappointed. This was my first week back at SW and I wanted at least to get back into the 11st bracket. So yeh, disappointed. Anyway, I had planned to have a 'treat' meal afterwards if I lost. But absolutely went too far - ended up binge eating so much food and feeling awful, sick, my stomach hurt etc. I wasn't even hungry but felt that I needed to eat all the food I had bought, as I couldn't eat it tomorrow as I would be back on track. Because I'd eaten so much I felt low in mood and so guilty.

But thought to myself, OK, lets get back on track tomorrow. So Thursday I had good intentions - again had my frittata for breakfast with some onion chutney, then an apple and some soup for lunch. Had a tangerine for a snack. But just felt such an urge to eat more. I felt pretty tired and drained from work (I work 7 days a week which doesn't help) and hadn't put any coping strategies in to stop myself. I'm sure some of you know how it is - once I got the idea in my head that I should binge out, I just let it draw me in. So after a perfectly fine day of eating, I ended up getting loads of chocolate from the petrol station (I had to get petrol anyway so thought 'I might as well'), then had a KFC style wrap for tea, then finished off the rest of my binge foods that I hadn't physically been able to fit in the day before. Again, I went to bed feeling sick, tired, low in mood, bloated and guilty.

So here we are. I need to made a decision about my food choices over the next 5/6 days if I'm ever going to lose or maintain this week. So I know what I need to do, it's just about putting it in place. Today in work I'll be fine, I have frittata for breakfast (although getting sick of it - note not to have it next week!) and my usual soup, apple and tangerine in work. However the main difficulty will be tonight. I'm traveling to London for a night out with a friend. The first difficulty will be what I'm having for tea - I'll not have time to make anything after work and then will be on the train for a few hours. I have lot of snacks I could take (boiled eggs, fruit etc) but should really eat something 'proper' if I'm going out drinking. I'm just hoping there will be a good option at the station - maybe a sandwich with my HEX's. Then the second difficulty is the drinking. It's definitely not something I can avoid but do want to limit it to a few drinks before we go out. Thats both for SW and financial purposes!

So I am just hoping, praying, for an OK day/weekend. I know that it's ultimately up to me and no change will come about without me taking responsibility for my eating/drinking, but just going to take it one meal at a time for now.

It's more than likely the drinks that effected your loss Hun , alcohol is bad haha. Like you say a loss is a loss your going in the right direction and still having fun at the weekend.

Your better off with spirits with a diet mixer. Good luck for this weekend forget about the slip ups they have gone now concentrate on now. Think about all the things you would of normally had but are resisting. Good luck

Again, had a nightmare. Just finding it really difficult when I'm out of sync. Friday went OK - although I ate cake in the office, I wasn't too much off plan apart from the alcohol. Then on Saturday I was hungover but didn't end up eating until about 6.30pm - but I had a packet of crisps, a donut and a ready meal. Then Sunday I really blew it and binged out, pretty much all day. And then again today. It's a horrid cycle I'm in and I really need to break it.

My main difficulty is my black and white thinking. I think as soon as I have "messed something up" in my day (e.g. not gone to the gym in the morning, eaten a biscuit at work etc) I automatically think that I have ruined the whole day and might as well eat what I want. I know rationally I should just draw a line under it but I have been thinking that way all my life and find it really difficult to stop.

So I'm not sure what to do really. I am going to look over the slimming world books and try and make meal plans that I'm actually going to enjoy - I'm still pretty scared of carbs, even though things like pasta are free on SW. So I'm hoping that by introducing more "naughty" meals (AKA something that isn't just a meat/veg combo) I might be able to stick to plan a bit better, as I won't feel like I am depriving myself.

So going to make some pasta, sauce, tuna and veg for lunches this week, with my cheese as HEX. I have either chicken, eggs and tomatoes for breakfast or porridge, then tea's I'll cook something up. Just going to try as best I can. Although really feeling like it will never be good enough at the minute :(

Hey. Good that you lost, even with all that drinking :)

I completed dry Jan and then blew it all. Drank and eat the whole weekend - it's beyond syn count. I didn't weight myself till the next weekend after being good all week and I had still lost 1 lb. I was disappointed like you but still, I got away with a super naughty weekend! I'm back in control again now. I know the feeling of that cycle, it's my life.

I find trying to stick to slimming world on the hangover days helps with getting out of that cycle quicker. Like finding "crap" that is still allowed on Slimming World, I have Heinz spaghetti hoops (free) bacon (free with fat off) good as it still feels like you eating that dirty food that you need on a hang over. Also, you can get Slimming World ready meals from Iceland which are Free, but they are actually quite nice, and huge, and still feels like "crap" :)

Also.... yea I just didn't go out over Jan to avoid drinking, which is obviously why I cant keep it up as you cant live life like that :( or go to an event without drinking lol :oops:

So the last few days have been ok. I put on 2lbs which actually makes me heavier than when I started but have had an awful few days of binge eating and drinking. My food hasn't been too bad over the last few days, staying within my syn allowance apart from today where I went over by quite a lot, but didn't binge eat. I think I just need to break my binge cycle. I know that going to the gym really helps, so decided to start trying to go every day to get me started off well. Only for half a hour/45 minutes and doing a class when I can. Then I'm usually OK in work - its just the evenings and the weekends that get me. I have friends coming to stay this weekend and we are going out for a pub dinner on Friday, so have thought ahead to have steak and a jacket potato. But I will be having drinks as well. Although I won't be counting the beers. Not sure how the rest of the weekend is going to pan out but just keeping hopeful. I REALLY want to lose this week so hopefully I will make good choices. Just feeling kinda low at the minute.

Yea I know what you mean, I'm so good at work, I'm even getting good in the evenings more or less, then the weekend comes....
Most people moan about how much they over eat at work and how they always have cakes etc, but I'm not even phased at work.

If you try and do well with food, but have drinks you might be alright. I drank all weekend last weekend. A lot. Champagne, gin, beer, red wine.... but I stuck to the rules completely with the food and then was good on Monday, weighed Tuesday and found I had still lost 1lb!

Don't get yourself down, 1 step at a time :)

Hey, I've been avoiding this site for a while as got into a bad cycle of being super restrictive for a few days followed by binges. Not good! Am back again now though! How are you getting on? Hope you're ok x

Back