Hiya everyone.

Back again. The last couple of weeks have been alright. I have been calorie counting and also been to the doctors about a couple of issues. First week of CC, I lost 1lb. Disappointed again, as you can imagine. I then went to my doctors about my weight loss problems and she has booked me in for a blood test to check my thyroid levels again. That's booked for tomorrow morning. So, after my doctors appointment, I started researching my contraceptive pill and had an unsettling discovery. My pill is linked to depression, acne, weight gain, irregular bleeding and also decreased sex drive - which I have all of. So I decided to stop taking it that night. And this week, I have lost 3lb. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or not but happy with it either way.

Still having trouble with Curry's. The manufacturing engineer came out on the 7th and he still couldn't fix it. He said that the oven was completely wired up differently to the manufacturing diagram, so he had no choice but to write the oven off. I looked at the function switch, and it had started melting. If my electrics hadn't of tripped then there would have been a fire! He told me Curry's would be in touch and they will give me a voucher for the same price as I paid for the oven - £149.99. I had to ring them two days later as I still hadn't heard anything and managed to get the code for the voucher plus another £15 on top for the halogen oven. But nothing mentioned about the fact there could have been a fire! The person I spoke to basically said I was being overdramatic about it!! So I emailed them pictures..

14303799_1040422312741512_957178903_o.jpg 14284919_1040422519408158_1322024764_o.jpg

But surprise, surprise.. I've still not heard anything back!!

So anyway, the next day I went in store and ordered a new cooker. We didn't want to buy the Curry's brand again, so we paid £100 extra and went with a Logik brand cooker. That got delivered Friday just gone. But using it that night, it was stupidly loud. Like, louder than a normal fan oven should be. I phoned Curry's up again on Saturday morning and they could even hear the sound while I was on the phone to them. They sent someone round on Sunday morning and the guy basically said the build of the cooker, and the Logik brand, is crap - and actually the same company that make Curry's brand. He said that Logik are always loud but will double check the oven anyway. He moved the cooker forward and as he did, the hob - which is meant to be a secure - actually moved 2cm towards him. This shocked all of us in the room, as you can imagine! So he didn't even bother looking at it. He said just to go back to the store, explained what has just happened and get them to mark the item as faulty and then use the £249.99 towards a better branded cooker. So, went BACK over Curry's on Sunday and found a cooker we liked - but it was £100 more! We managed to get £50 off the marked price, so only ended up having to pay £300, but still - I've now paid twice the amount that I did do originally for a cooker, all because of the poor quality control of Curry's! And I couldn't even take my money elsewhere, as they only issue vouchers for written off items instead of refunding the money. So now, our new NEW cooker is getting delivered tomorrow. We've gone with Belling brand, which I've heard are quite reputable. Fingers crossed there's no trouble with this one! I've had enough of the whole situation now. Nearly 5 weeks this has been going on, 4 weeks without a cooker, £150 down, god knows how many different people coming in and out of my house. Not to mention the aggro it's caused!! And customer service has done nothing. I'm not going to let it lie though!

How has everyone else been? I've noticed how quiet Minimins has become again.. is everyone still around? x

Hey Hun, *waves*

I only looked at your thread this morning to see if I had missed you Glad to see your back... its been a while well done on the weight loss, it may be worth telling your GP about your pill tomorrow as well.
You have about as much luck as we do with cars, our clutch went last week!! this is our 5th car in 3 years, I made the hubby pay the money!
Hope your new cooker is better! xx

Hiya!!

I will mention coming off the pill to the doctor when I get the results back, it's the nurses that do the blood testing tomorrow. But only been off the pill 6 days and can already see results, my body temperature seems to have cooled down and my spots have nearly gone!

Sorry to hear about your car! I always worry about our car breaking down too - especially when visiting Mitchells family 100+ miles away. How're you getting on weight-loss wise? Your diary has gone quiet! x

Hi Jodie,
Just browsing threads and I read about your cooker. Belling are a good brand, my mum had one that lasted donkeys years and I had one for about 10 years. Only changed it because I wanted a fan oven and the model I had didn't have one. Fingers crossed yours will be as good!

Ahhhhhh fair enough. Amazing you can see the difference already! Fingers crossed for your blood tests too.
It's going really good thanks hun. I've lost 3st 9.5lb currently since may so I'm really happy.
I'm properly useless at keeping things up to date. I pretty much live through everyone else's diary haha. :)
I don't really have much to tell people if I'm honest.
I can't believe the problems with your cooker. I was wondering if it was sorted. I don't know how I would cope without my cooker! X

Hi Jodie,
Just browsing threads and I read about your cooker. Belling are a good brand, my mum had one that lasted donkeys years and I had one for about 10 years. Only changed it because I wanted a fan oven and the model I had didn't have one. Fingers crossed yours will be as good!

Hi Rosie! I've heard nothing but good things about Belling so I'm finally hoping it's the end to this cooker drama! x

Ahhhhhh fair enough. Amazing you can see the difference already! Fingers crossed for your blood tests too.
It's going really good thanks hun. I've lost 3st 9.5lb currently since may so I'm really happy.
I'm properly useless at keeping things up to date. I pretty much live through everyone else's diary haha. :)
I don't really have much to tell people if I'm honest.
I can't believe the problems with your cooker. I was wondering if it was sorted. I don't know how I would cope without my cooker! X

That's amazing - well done!!
I found that my old diary on here basically became ramblings instead of a weight loss diary as such. Reading it back makes me cringe!
The halogen has been a God send, it really has. I'm still using it now though lol! Makes gorgeous SW chips/roasties! x

Welcome back!!!

Sounds like it could be your pill. I had terrible trouble with mine so the doctor changed mine and been much better since.

Glad the oven saga has been sorted although think the way currys has handled it has been disgraceful!

Well done on your weightloss. It does seem to have gone really quiet on here tbh x

Hun,

I'm pretty good at this complaining milarki (i got a friend a full refund and a voucher on a bike once) if you want me to write something up, private message me (if its possible on here) and ill put something together... that is rediculous!!
At least the man was still there! xx

None of us could believe it! I'm so glad the installers were still there, I'm pretty sure Curry's would think I was doing this stuff deliberately otherwise! I've spoken to a lovely customer service guy last night and he's going to push for the difference refunded from the first cooker to this one (£200). I feel cheeky trying to push for more, but then I think to myself - would I be cheeky?!

They couldn't deliver me another one yesterday, but have had one delivered today. Even that didn't go smoothly. The delivery guy was point blank refusing to take away the one that was reinstalled yesterday - the one delivered on Friday - because he didn't have the paperwork to do so. It's only when I told him that I was phoning Curry's that he actually picked up his phone and rang his gaffer who told him that yes, he is to take it. He came back in the house with his tail between his legs then!!

The whole thing has been a joke from start to finish!

None of us could believe it! I'm so glad the installers were still there, I'm pretty sure Curry's would think I was doing this stuff deliberately otherwise! I've spoken to a lovely customer service guy last night and he's going to push for the difference refunded from the first cooker to this one (£200). I feel cheeky trying to push for more, but then I think to myself - would I be cheeky?!

They couldn't deliver me another one yesterday, but have had one delivered today. Even that didn't go smoothly. The delivery guy was point blank refusing to take away the one that was reinstalled yesterday - the one delivered on Friday - because he didn't have the paperwork to do so. It's only when I told him that I was phoning Curry's that he actually picked up his phone and rang his gaffer who told him that yes, he is to take it. He came back in the house with his tail between his legs then!!

The whole thing has been a joke from start to finish!

I work for a company who I wont name but its a big one... from experience you should push for more, its affected your ability to cook (only so much you can do in a halogen) its affected your home life and your sons due to the foods he eats, youve waited X amount of weeks for this to be done, you expect a full refund of the difference paid in cash not their crappy vouchers. and something further for the inconvenience.. if they dont do as you ask, go straight to the CEO and try that way... if its anything like where I work. Play on it, people are too nice! xx

Your diary rocks !!!! I am getting disheartened myself as I was losing loads before Christmas and since then have been losing very little. But I have just kept at it and persevered. Keep the faith

Back