Diary of a menopausal Yorkshire lass…take 2...

Hello diary!
I am very happy to report that I DID IT!
I was indeed 9 stone and 9 pounds on April 16th and the big 5..0... Gulp!
It was a mix of calorie counting and 5:2 that got me there in the end.
However... I decided that I need to get nearer to 9 stone as my middle age spread and general apple shape means I'm still lumpy and my boobs refuse to shrink - grrrr
Since my Birthday celebrations, a week off work and a weekend away with my Mum, I managed to creep back over 10 stone. So here I am to remind myself of my old sw fave meals, and hopefully catch up with some mini friends if they'll forgive my absence and welcome me back.

Well done you! I'm sure you'll get back to target pretty quickly and hopefully down to your new one too.

Many belated happy birthday wishes!

Mandy so good to hear from you. I hadn`t noticed you had posted on here until you said `boo` on my thread.

I am sure you will get back again,and even further. Will forgive you anything Mandy.

Take care

It's good to hear from you both xx
I'll catch up on your diaries if I ever get a minute.

I'm sad to say I have nothing at all to report, everything is much the same. My dying cat is still very much alive so it's now over two years since we had a holiday, we don't want him to leave us, we're just getting desperate for a break. We now can't even leave him overnight because he gets stressed and poorly. My Mum also still drives me to distraction with one crisis after another.

On a happier note I'm fine, I now only work 3 days a week which is lovely and gives me time to get on with my many hobbies.

All I need to do is get back into watching what I eat because I refuse to be over 10 stone again! I'm not 100% sure how to go about it, I'm suffering really badly with hot flushes at the mo and found that my fasting days seemed to make them worse, I've also read that a low carb diet can help. My plan is to have 1000 or under calories on my work days, and 1500 on the other 4 which will be about right over a week.

Fingers crossed x

Whilst I sorry you haven't had a break, I'm glad Bailey is still with you and your mum too, despite being somewhat annoying!

Please don't desert us - feel free to waffle away about anything and I'd love to see some photos of your projects. Lucky you, having more time for your hobbies.

How did Rob's weight-loss mission go - did he reach target too?

I went through a bad phrase a fortnight or so ago when I just could not stop eating. It took a few people posting on here who had recently rejoined because they'd regained all they'd lost which made me see sense. I absolutely refuse to put myself in the same position. Making the start (again) is the hardest bit because we have to deal with all the cravings (again).

It's interesting that the Fast days seem to make the hot flushes worse. I still suffer from them after six years; they seems to come in clusters and then I get a bit of a respite for a few weeks. I'm hoping the respite periods will get longer until they're permanent.

My beautiful Bailey Cat died on Friday morning. We knew it was coming for over 2 years yet I'm still devastated. My heart is broken.
i know this is a diet forum, and I've not been a regular recently, but on here everyone was always kind and understood what he meant to me.

Mandy I am so sorry to hear about Bailey. I wish there was something that could be said to help you feel better. I know that pain and it really hurts.

One big hug for you Mandy. Lots of love Doreen xxxxxxxxxxxx

:hug99:

Thanks Doreen, it's a horrible range of emotions that you go through and I seem to have a talent for torturing myself. I've been lucky not to have had many deaths in my life and am pretty useless at dealing with it.
On a more positive note, the thought of food makes me feel sick, so it'll be doing my diet the world of good xx

Dear diary...

I'm feeling a bit better now but still feel quite sick so my diet is progressing quite nicely.

I can't face food in the morning, so am going to use the opportunity to start doing 16:8 for a bit.

Lunch - Tuna wrap

Dinner - Pasta bake and salad

Snacks - I'll see if I can face anything

I might pop on to MFP and start logging my calories again too.

Glad you are feeling a bit better now Mandy. 16:8. What do you do for that?

Back