Diary of a VERY Determined Girl!

Hi Betty

Love the determination that's coming through in your post. You can't do anything about what's gone on before but you certainly can from now on and there seems to be many of us around at the site.

We are all in the same boat and aiming for 2014 to be the year that we make a big difference.

Look forward to 'meeting' lots of new, like minded people this next year; so sending you lots of positivity for your journey.

Rita :gen126:

Hi Betty

Love the determination that's coming through in your post. You can't do anything about what's gone on before but you certainly can from now on and there seems to be many of us around at the site.

We are all in the same boat and aiming for 2014 to be the year that we make a big difference.

Look forward to 'meeting' lots of new, like minded people this next year; so sending you lots of positivity for your journey.

Rita :gen126:

hey!
thank you very much for your message!
i know, last year was very difficult and this year we are all starting a fresh!
good luck on your journey and a happy new year!!

Betty x

Hello!! I have been on Slimming World for a year and a half. In that year and a half I have managed to lose 2 and a half stone, and also managed to put that back on, and, since my last Pre Christmas Weigh In, a pound and a half more. It is my final weigh in of the year tonight, and I think i will have put on about 6 pounds, as i have not had a proper meal since christmas day. I doubt I am going to see what the damage is though. I currently weigh ( again since last weigh in) 23stone, 9pounds. I am 22 and 5'8, a size 22-24. I also have an underactive thyroid, which im not blaming my weight on as its what i eat that causes it, but it does mean that me and my boyfriend could eat the same thing, and he would only put on 2pounds and i'd put on 8!! ( He is also on Slimming World). So this is going to be my weight loss journey. i want to lose 2.5stone plus more!! I would like to be down to a size 14-16, not too sure about what weight. I am doing this diary as i hope it will help me, as well as others, whose determination slowly slips away as the syns add up, and would love to.hear from people on the same journey, and how you resist temptaion!!

Good luck wishing you all the best for your journey!

I think your right to go back to your original plan of starting on the second then you can kick this weight in the arse :)

Love your sense of humour.

Enjoy your night xx

I think your right to go back to your original plan of starting on the second then you can kick this weight in the arse :)

Love your sense of humour.

Enjoy your night xx

exactly!
especially after what has entered my mouth tonight! but ill be putting a post about that in the morning! lets just say its not very slimming world friendly!
ha thanks!
you enjoy your night too! Happy new year!

Betty x

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! MAY THIS BE THE LAST TIME WE ARE THE OMNONOMONOMONSAURS!
XXXXX

1521455_652415071469050_1352692318_n.jpeg

Betty x

1st of Jan! Start of slimming world or not?.....to cut it short - no. TOMORROW is start :) Very excited to have fruit and veg back in my system and not been able to do dot to dot on my face. yak.
After my chocolate gorge at my mam and dads yesterday, i just drove around, thinking, for about 4 hours! (don't know who i think i am been able to afford that, not in these cash stricken times!) I was just one, very big, hormone yesterday, and i'm not even due on! Just relfecting on the year and what not. Anywhoo, that stopped me from getting my chubby little fingers onto any food!
When i eventually got back to the flat, my boyfriend suggested Chinease ( no garlic involved so no danger of sweating) and i of course said yes! we orderd half the menu, chips, mushrooms and gravy, house special egg foo young with chips for me, for my boyfriend some chickeny thing, curry and boiled rice and chow mein. we also had some chicken balls to share and i demolished a full bag of prawn crackers after ( they were free, always are after such a huge order, yes). I was then comatosed on the settee, skin streched to the max sipping on my water, when i seen on the tv someone drinking cocktails. it made me want a cocktail. my very own home made cocktails. i sent my boyfriend out to get the ingrediants, vodka, blue wkd, lemonade ( diet of course) and then fresh orange. put it all into a bowl or jug and voila!! a lethal cocktail! I always make this at my ann summers partys, get people trollied and then they spend more :) brilliant idea! So I had all the intentions of getting wrecked with the boyfriend, but that didnt happen! I had three pints of it and fell asleep at about 2, couldnt get drunk due to maaahhhhosive chinese!
woke up this morning, then fell back asleep, got a call off my dad, hes made a dinner ( very synaliscious!) and ive just ate all of it.... followed by a full box of yummy maltesers. for tea itll be a picky tea at my boyfriends mam and dad ( no fruit or veg involved). but inbetween that ill be on the settee eating crisps.

Soooooooooooooooooo, fresh start tomorrow, all of it is out of my system now,.this gives me 5 wonderful days to at least lose a pound as weigh day is monday, SO lets get this happening! very excited to start again, hate weighing more than a baby elephant!

Hope you all had a wonderful new year, and if youse are starting plan today, good luck, you have amazing will power!!!

Betty x

Hi Betty

You won't have been the only one to have a blow out yesterday and so many of us will have been having some thinking time, reviewing last year and deciding what to do this year.

I spent so much time last year just phaffing about with my eating that I actually weigh more this New Year than I did last, so I gave myself a good talking to and having found this site and like minded people I'm really going to get to goal this year; that's my promise to myself; I'm worth it.

You can't do anything about what you did yesterday and maybe it's great that you got it out of your system; tomorrow is another day and if that's you're start date then so be it. I think we give ourselves too hard a time sometimes and that just adds more pressure.

Good luck for the year; Happy New Year!!

Rita x

Hi Betty

You won't have been the only one to have a blow out yesterday and so many of us will have been having some thinking time, reviewing last year and deciding what to do this year.

I spent so much time last year just phaffing about with my eating that I actually weigh more this New Year than I did last, so I gave myself a good talking to and having found this site and like minded people I'm really going to get to goal this year; that's my promise to myself; I'm worth it.

You can't do anything about what you did yesterday and maybe it's great that you got it out of your system; tomorrow is another day and if that's you're start date then so be it. I think we give ourselves too hard a time sometimes and that just adds more pressure.

Good luck for the year; Happy New Year!!

Rita x

hi!
aw i know what you mean, ive messed about on slimming world for two years now and i'm the same, weighing ALOAD more than i did last new years eve!
i agree that when we chew ourselevs up about it it does make it ten times worse and were usually even more dissappointed in ourselves.
Thank you for that message, Hope this year is good to you

Betty x

Hello! Just popping in to say good luck, and ask if you've checked out the WEMITTS section under Slimming Clubs? It stands for We Mean It This Time, and is for people with a lot to lose, regardless of what plan they're on, so I thought you might find it helpful - it's a very supportive part of the forum. All the best. :) xx

betty.sw.x said:
Hello!! I have been on Slimming World for a year and a half. In that year and a half I have managed to lose 2 and a half stone, and also managed to put that back on, and, since my last Pre Christmas Weigh In, a pound and a half more. It is my final weigh in of the year tonight, and I think i will have put on about 6 pounds, as i have not had a proper meal since christmas day. I doubt I am going to see what the damage is though. I currently weigh ( again since last weigh in) 23stone, 9pounds. I am 22 and 5'8, a size 22-24. I also have an underactive thyroid, which im not blaming my weight on as its what i eat that causes it, but it does mean that me and my boyfriend could eat the same thing, and he would only put on 2pounds and i'd put on 8!! ( He is also on Slimming World). So this is going to be my weight loss journey. i want to lose 2.5stone plus more!! I would like to be down to a size 14-16, not too sure about what weight. I am doing this diary as i hope it will help me, as well as others, whose determination slowly slips away as the syns add up, and would love to.hear from people on the same journey, and how you resist temptaion!!

I'm 5'8" too, and am currently a size 14-16 at 12 stone, just to give you an idea. Everyone's different, of course. I'm an apple shape, so carry it all on my torso. :) xx

I'm 5'8" too, and am currently a size 14-16 at 12 stone, just to give you an idea. Everyone's different, of course. I'm an apple shape, so carry it all on my torso. :) xx

hey!
thanks for that, ahhh so i have 12stone to lose then haha! yeah i guess how we carry it matters too, my fat isnt just on one bit of my body, its all over, legs, arms, stomach, feet, hands haha, so im quite evenly porportioned, but if i was a shape i think itll be pear as i have a humongous bum, regardless of how much i weigh its always huge!
happy new year :)

Betty x

betty.sw.x said:
hey!
thanks for that, ahhh so i have 12stone to lose then haha! yeah i guess how we carry it matters too, my fat isnt just on one bit of my body, its all over, legs, arms, stomach, feet, hands haha, so im quite evenly porportioned, but if i was a shape i think itll be pear as i have a humongous bum, regardless of how much i weigh its always huge!
happy new year :)

Betty x

I was 21.5 stone when I started, so needed to lose around 10 stone. Sounds like we're different shapes - my bum has disappeared, but I still have a belly, lol. :D xx

wow and you managed to? was it hard and how long did it take you? xxxx

Betty x

Well, before Christmas I'd lost 9st 10lbs, but I've had a nice time so it's gone back up a bit, lol. Hoping to get to target by Easter. I've done it steadily, over a couple of years, by calorie counting, and haven't found it hard, to be honest. I don't exercise at all, due to health issues, so that's made it a bit slower. :) xx

Back