Disheartened....

Some people have problems with eggs and fish while taking Xen, hopefully you'll be fine Chel_belle.

I've not had Nuts on Xen as they are way over the 5g/100g rule. Have you tried them aesir22? I agree protein is important but finding sources that don't induce the Tango effect is vital in my mind.

Last edited:
Yeah i have them all the time. As long as it is at least an hour since taking the xenical it doesn't cause any problems. And remember only eat them in small quantities. You only need a few.

Hi I was wondering if your feeling bloated, or have not been to the loo properly? As that is what I experienced.. I took senna/ sennakot to help and it did.. I now drink some aloe Vera juice to help with the bloating.

Nope, not bloated and been going to the loo fine, I feel like giving up! All this work for nothing! I knew it wouldn't be a miracle but I've been so good and can't understand why the weight isn't going :-(

If you can't be patient you need to spend some time considering your weightloss journey. Giving up at an obstical is what got most of us into this state in the first place. Giving up now will definitely mean you stay heavy at a weight you dont like. Being patient and riding through a tough patch is almost guaranteed to a healthier and happier you.

Change your foods and exercise and give it another few weeks and i am positive you will see results

Thank you for your words. Im just having a bad day, I will not give up, I am feeling better and have lost my tummy with the 1st 8lbs I've lost.

Is it possible to loose inches although not actually losing weight?

Yes, very possible. In fact, a lot of people don't use scales at all because they can fluctuate so much regarding fat, water and muscle. I know a lot of people who hate scales and go solely on the fit of their clothes. Seems to work for some. I personally like stepping on them once a week and seeing the numbers go down, but thats just me :) others might dread it!

Make sure you eat plenty and just keep going. Stick to your Monday weigh ins for a couple of weeks rather than weighing more often. Or if you do weigh more often, make sure you only use the Monday one to go by.

Thank you! I think maybe I've lost in inches or inch at least, lol!

I've eaten better today, 1342 calories (a little over my 1200) and 40g fat. I feel really full....almost like ive eaten to much and feel guilty!

I wouldn't worry that calorie allowance sounds absolutely fine. I don't know your stats but you could even eat more I imagine (though I wouldn't if 1300 keeps you full). Just keep going, trust the process and when you start to see the weight coming off I bet you are delighted :) and it is monday...is that not weigh day for you?

Do you exercise? Some circuit/strength training will torch fat off your body faster than cardio, but if your general fitness level is low, starting with some cardio would be good to improve your CV fitness before moving to tougher stuff.

My stats at start of taking xenical on 08/08/11:- 27yrs old, female, 5.2ft, size 16, weight 13.1st

Stats today:- dropped to size 14, weight 12.6st

I'm pleased with that, you are all right, no more mid week is daily wi!

I don't do much exercise I must admit, but I do have an active life. 2 kids, 3 & 6, community carer and have horses, don't really stop all day so wouldn't quite class myself as a couch potato either!

Lol, not sure who's harder to look after, the kids, elderly (that I look after) or the horses!

Just had a Chinese, so probably suffer in the morning, but as you say, I'm not going to let the xen rule my life, a treat every now and then can't hurt to much. Feel sick now though, so hoping my body is getting used to good foods I've been having.

Hi Chel I was also disappointed with my weight loss on Xenical, 1st month I lost 12lbs then I got weighed fri I had only lost 3lb in 4 wks and I had been sooo gd, oh well I will continue just really frustrated when I had been gd just wish the scales had gone down more!! x

Just remember, when it comes to exercise it needs to be something AS WELL AS what you already do day to day. Your body will have adapted to a busy lifestyle by this point, so you will need to exercise on top of what you currently do to push your bdy to burn more fat through exercise. A couple of easy things once or twice a week would do. A walk with the kids, a bike ride, an exercise dvd when they are in bed etc etc :)

Best of luck you're doing great! This thread, Disheartened, doesn't seem to fit anymore. You should start one called 'Heartened':D

Wow, just reading through this OLD thread.....I'm feeling very inspired and ready for my new journey AGAIN!!! This time, failure is not an option!!!

Back