DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Well Diva x I need to challenge myself also. i would love to join you and try to get motivated to move by big bum. My stats are very close to yours. so today will be my first day of doing some kind of walking. I will try to post daily to hold myself accountable. I hope I can really push myself to do 20 miles each week. Wow so here's to new beginnings.

Hi USAgirl, you are in P.A too,we are almost neighbours !!!! Haha !!
My diet is low cal/ low fat Veggie food,well, most of the time !!! I'm being about 70% to 80% good at the moment, I'm human after all !!!
I have tried loads of different diets over the years, and I am a yoyo dieter, and I was SOO good at it !!

I am walking every day or trying to !!!! Haha !!
Have you just started W8, is it meal replacement ?? Is it nice ?? I lurve food !!!

How tall are you hun? And you picture is GAWJUS !!! You do not look heavy at all !!!

Diva x

Hi Ladies,

I am an American who lives in the UK (near Cambridge). I just got a battery for my pedometer this evening (the old one died of boredom).

Anyway, I am game: I'll join in on week 3 (I'll start on Sunday with the Pedometer) and I'll try for 20 miles a week. My dog is gonna love this challenge.

MM

That's great Minniemel !!! The more the merrier !!! Haha !!!
Week 3 for me starts on Saturday, because I began on the 1st Jan !!!
What kind of doggy do you have ?? Are you planning daily walks like me ? I'm snowed in at the mo ( well not quite but it's enough to make brisk walking annoying, plus the lack of pavements here is interesting !! ) so I've been Treadmilling away, watching the snow fall !!!

Lots of Luck

Watch us walk the wobble off !!!!!

Diva x

Hi Diva --

I'll start on Saturday, as well.

I will walk daily as my daughter's dog, Neya, needs daily walkies. I will also probably do time on the treadmill, as the weather here is pretty yucky a lot of time and I am big baby.

BTW, the dog is a 4.5 year old Yorkshire Terrier, but she is large for a Yorkie. Height and build-wise, plus weight. She weighs about 14 pounds... and she could stand to lose a couple of pounds.

I have some of those Shapers shoes and my sister swears by them... so, I'll be walking and toning my big bum.

MinnieMel

Well done. How much is it helping your weight?

Well, this is an experiment in progress, haha!! I have been watching my eating and calories for a while, though I was yo yo ing badly before I joined Minimins in Oct last year!

I will be really pleased as I think I was beginning to get into a pattern of say 2 lbs lost, then SS, then SS, then 1 lb, then SS, etc.....annoying when I would like to see even 1 lb per week!!

Will reaccess the amount of exercise etc at the end of the month....
I do think it is starting to make my body burn calories again, plus I feel quite bright and alert!! Will have to see how I feel after a few more weeks.....

Diva x

Hi Diva, et al,

I do a Sunday Weigh in at home on my scale and adjust my tickers. I'll get weighed at the CDC's tomorrow for the official count. Anyway, 2 pounds off -- without very much exercise. So, hopefully participating in this 20 mile challenge and working in three fitness classes (or home work outs) I'll get a 3rd off per week (my target).

So, first day with the pedo: 4 miles!

20 - 4 = 16 miles to go

MinnieMel

So, Second day with the pedo: 4 miles! (3 mile Dog Walk)

20 - 8 = 12 miles to go

MinnieMel

Hi Diva --

Feeling fitter already. Using my "Shapers" shoes when I walk, too. DH, DD and I walked Neya for 2 miles this afternoon -- and when we got home... the dog totally crashed! She is not used to so much exercise -- but she should be (we've not been good dog owners).

Third day with Pedo 4 miles.

20 - 12 = 8 miles.

How is your walking going? It must be harder as the weather is not so great in Pennsylvania of late.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Day 4 with the pedometer

Walked Neya with a neighbour wearing my Shapers -- but only did a half mile. However, I had loads of errands and things to do so I am at 4 miles for the day.

20 - 16 = 4 (If I keep to the pace I should reach the 20 mile goal tomorrow... but I think I read somewhere that people should try to walk five miles a day -- as they go about their lives... so, I feel I should have a target of 35 not 20... but I am not likely to make that target.)

MinnieMel

Hi Minniemel, that's good going.... I am keeping my walking workouts completely seperate from any other walking/ movement I do, as I want my little experiment to be just about the exercise. really want to just wear a pedometer for a day or two to see what my actual average day total is, but I'm going to wait until I've completed four weeks of this !!!!

Can't believe it's Wednesday tomorrow, let's keep on plodding !!!! Haha !!

Diva x

Hi Diva -- I had a feeling you were doing "20 extra" miles of walking. I am keeping track of what is extra (the dog walks) and hoping that I will have 20 miles of extra walking, too.

MinnieMel

Gosh, we sound so virtuous !!! And yet sometimes I am the worse exerciser EVER !!!! I shall have to eat my own excuses if I keep on losing weight over the month!!! Luckily they are calorie free, hehehe!!!

I wear my favourite Sketchers trainers when walking, but they are just normal ones, but I feel like I am floating along in them....nice and bouncy, if that makes sense!!

Diva x

Back