Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

Hmm, I am craving a bit. Not really, but just in my head if that makes sense. I ate breakfast very early before I went to bed, woke up and did my essay then dinner at around 8 I think and nothing since. I'm not actually physically hungry but I feel like I haven't eaten enough - purely in my mind, because I'm used to big big portions and lots of unhealthy snacks. I'm actually stuck thinking about Indian takeaway - creamy sauces and side dishes and the like. It's something specific about the way in which the food arrives without preparation, in the containers too- it's not the same without the foil trays. Hmm.

I'm not deprived. I'm not physically hungry. I always start thinking about Indian takeaway when I haven't eaten in a while or am watching what I'm eating. I think it must be the feeling of being really full that I miss I guess, like I need a massive feast or blow out :/ I can't quite put my finger on it. But this is definitely why I don't have any really snacky or treat food in, because at times like this it would allll be gone.

Hmm, I am craving a bit. Not really, but just in my head if that makes sense. I ate breakfast very early before I went to bed, woke up and did my essay then dinner at around 8 I think and nothing since. I'm not actually physically hungry but I feel like I haven't eaten enough - purely in my mind, because I'm used to big big portions and lots of unhealthy snacks. I'm actually stuck thinking about Indian takeaway - creamy sauces and side dishes and the like. It's something specific about the way in which the food arrives without preparation, in the containers too- it's not the same without the foil trays. Hmm.

I'm not deprived. I'm not physically hungry. I always start thinking about Indian takeaway when I haven't eaten in a while or am watching what I'm eating. I think it must be the feeling of being really full that I miss I guess, like I need a massive feast or blow out :/ I can't quite put my finger on it. But this is definitely why I don't have any really snacky or treat food in, because at times like this it would allll be gone.

You're definitely not eating enough. Get yourself some fruit to snack on or hard boiled eggs. You need to keep your body guessin and shake your metabolism up otherwise it'll cling onto the fat as it doesn't know when it'll get fed again which makes sense as it's happened before when your in the starve cycle.

You're definitely not eating enough. Get yourself some fruit to snack on or hard boiled eggs. You need to keep your body guessin and shake your metabolism up otherwise it'll cling onto the fat as it doesn't know when it'll get fed again which makes sense as it's happened before when your in the starve cycle.

Thanks, I suspected as much. I need to go shopping, just been too busy with uni stuff. I got through all my fruit much quicker than expected - online shopping it is I think!

Hey :) well done on the loss so far!
Hope you have had chance to shop! I find preparation to be the key.
Would it be possible for you to do a little batch cooking? If you could freeze portions (in the little plastic containers!) it can really be a saviour, its very satisfying to reach into the freezer instead of the takeaway menu/phone.
Feel your pain with the Uni work :-( currently chipping away at my 80k word thesis! Hope your essay is coming along well, sometimes it feels like such hard work doesn't it!
Good luck :) x

Hey :) well done on the loss so far!
Hope you have had chance to shop! I find preparation to be the key.
Would it be possible for you to do a little batch cooking? If you could freeze portions (in the little plastic containers!) it can really be a saviour, its very satisfying to reach into the freezer instead of the takeaway menu/phone.
Feel your pain with the Uni work :-( currently chipping away at my 80k word thesis! Hope your essay is coming along well, sometimes it feels like such hard work doesn't it!
Good luck :) x

Hello and thank you :)

I've got a ton more fruit and veg so I'm going to do exactly that and batch prepare. I do normally use my slow cooker and freeze but with deadlines and blah...well, you know exactly what I mean! I finished the essay I was working on so now I've only got the last few thousand words for my dissertation which is due the 4th - oops. Nothing compared to the length of your thesis though! Really does feel like it goes on forever though doesn't it?!

I'm going to try cauliflower rice tonight, something I heard at group. Apparently you just grate it in a bowl, stick it in the microwave and it fluffs up just like rice! Probably do some chicken with it too and then at the same time I can get all my veg done to put in the slow cooker.

I have a feeling that I've messed up my appetite in that it doesn't signal properly when I'm actually hungry and needing food after all these years of abusing it! It's like it knows it just gets ignored and even if I haven't eaten in a long time I don't feel truly hungry. Hope that's something that gets better because I'm kind of having to learn how much I should be eating again.

Thanks, I suspected as much. I need to go shopping, just been too busy with uni stuff. I got through all my fruit much quicker than expected - online shopping it is I think!

I spend too much on superfree, it's crazy how all the healthy food costs a fortune. No wonder we get fat in the first place...multi packs for a quid!

Ive not tried cauliflower rice, but i love baked cauli as an alternative to rice.
i par boil it, spray with fry light, sprinke salt pepper and anything else i fancy, like curry powder or chilli over it and then bake at 200 for 30 mins or so. You almost want it to start going a little burnt just on the edges. I love it!

Good luck with your disertation over e weekend, i bet that will be a weight off your shoulders when its done!

Happy slow cooking! It's a great invention, I love mine but still getting my head round all the recipes that can be done in it.
I've been thinking of trying cauliflower rice too, would be a great way to up super free... Let me know what you think!
Yes it can be never ending! I have recently completed my Masters which was 25k and felt slow progress at times- getting past 16k was tough but then it seemed to fly. Hoping you have a good writing weekend and get your dissertation sorted! At least the weather is poop so you're not cooped up from the sunshine! Xx

Hi Donkey!

I know how you feel when it comes to missing Uni - I'm currently (supposed to be) revising for resits and writing essays because I missed a lot through depression - not as long a story as yours though! Well done on you 7lb that's amazing! And keep at it, definitely snack on fruit, or maybe cold cuts of lean meat? I also have mugshots on hand too - I don't know if you can have them with wheat intolerance though? Don't know much about it I'm afraid.

Hope you stick with it and good luck with the diss!!

Ive not tried cauliflower rice, but i love baked cauli as an alternative to rice.
i par boil it, spray with fry light, sprinke salt pepper and anything else i fancy, like curry powder or chilli over it and then bake at 200 for 30 mins or so. You almost want it to start going a little burnt just on the edges. I love it!

Good luck with your disertation over e weekend, i bet that will be a weight off your shoulders when its done!

Thanks for this, my grater has vanished so I'm taking your idea and baking it with a load of roasted veg and some lemon and chilli chicken! Another 10 minutes or so! Yum!

Happy slow cooking! It's a great invention, I love mine but still getting my head round all the recipes that can be done in it.
I've been thinking of trying cauliflower rice too, would be a great way to up super free... Let me know what you think!
Yes it can be never ending! I have recently completed my Masters which was 25k and felt slow progress at times- getting past 16k was tough but then it seemed to fly. Hoping you have a good writing weekend and get your dissertation sorted! At least the weather is poop so you're not cooped up from the sunshine! Xx

Hah, I'll let you know when I solve the mystery of the disappearing grater! Ladies at my group rave about it though so definitely going to try it.
What is your thesis about? I just need to get this dissertation finished then I move on to exams, at which point I imagine I'll have a bonfire with all of these books I have grown to hate! (I imagine only, because the cost of academic books is a joke lol).
I was originally going to do my PGCE this September but am taking a year between now and then so have to find a job to keep me going. That's usually enough to push me back into uni :p

I spend too much on superfree, it's crazy how all the healthy food costs a fortune. No wonder we get fat in the first place...multi packs for a quid!

I went to aldi this evening for superfree - sainsburys would have been double the price! You're right, it's far too expensive!

PGCE would be good! A friend of mine has done it though has got stuck in the travel/temping habit lol. What are you thinking about doing in the meantime?
My thesis is very basically about how spending time outdoors and with animals can help with physical and mental health and well being!
What is your dissertation about?
Agree re academic books- it's mental!
How many exams do you have to do? I was lucky in that I mostly did essays and presentations, I'm not very good in exam conditions lol x

image-2143526084.jpg

This is delicious! Chilli and lemon chicken breast and roasted veg with a sprinkling of seasoning and coleslaw - and the baked cauliflower is especially nom!

I can't believe how easy it was- when I crave this sort of flavour I order chicken shaslik from the Indian- no more!!

Last edited:
PGCE would be good! A friend of mine has done it though has got stuck in the travel/temping habit lol. What are you thinking about doing in the meantime?
My thesis is very basically about how spending time outdoors and with animals can help with physical and mental health and well being!
What is your dissertation about?
Agree re academic books- it's mental!
How many exams do you have to do? I was lucky in that I mostly did essays and presentations, I'm not very good in exam conditions lol x

Oh yours sounds great, really interesting! I was having a conversation yesterday about the benefit horses and riding can bring and how they are used in therapy. Just being around them is such great therapy for me, I love them :)
Mine is on contemporary Russian animation, something I enjoyed initially but have had my fill of now lol.

Hmm, I have 2 next week and they've let me off another (thank god, Russian oral exam scared the hell out of me) and then end of August around 7 I think. I've had a lot of alterations made for me which is why I'm still writing at this stage but I haven't even started looking at the exam material so I'm seriously pushing my luck. I need to get the mark to let me do the PGCE because allll my plans hinge on being a primary teacher - it's all I've ever wanted to do. I'm more than capable, my degree classification is no way going to reflect my ability but I've just missed so much uni it's all kind of at risk now. So while I just want this bit to be over, I need it be over with a decent result!

I just need any old job really for the year in between. See what happens I guess!

How much longer do you think yours is going to take?

View attachment 148209

This is delicious! Chilli and lemon chicken breast and roasted veg with a sprinkling of seasoning and coleslaw - and the baked cauliflower is especially nom!

I can't believe how easy it was- when I crave this sort of flavour I order chicken shaslik from the Indian- no more!!

That looks awesome, im glad you liked the cauli aswell!

That looks awesome, im glad you liked the cauli aswell!

I'll definitely be making it again, thanks!

Just had a mullerlight milk chocolate dessert for 5 syns. SO worth it.
I put grapes in the freezer last night because I heard they're meant to be good....but BLERGH. Put some yoghurts in too just now so I hope that works out better!

I've heard the frozen grapes are supposed to be nice but never tried them myself. Don't let the yoghurt fully freeze or it'll take 5 hours and an ice pick to eat ;-)

I've heard the frozen grapes are supposed to be nice but never tried them myself. Don't let the yoghurt fully freeze or it'll take 5 hours and an ice pick to eat ;-)

I feel like I might have done something wrong somehow, they were gross! As for the yoghurts, well, if I let the chocolate ones freeze completely at least then I'll have to work for my syns! :p

Hey, well done on a great loss in your first week. Read your story, I hope following SW helps you. Keep up the good work!

Back