Down with Spanx!

It's really interesting using My Fitness Pal for logging my food diary. I like the way you can set an amount you want to lose each week (1lb for me) and it 'gives' you a basic day allowance and then extra calories as a reward for exercising, depending on what you've done. The one thing I've noticed is that lots of my 'quick' lunches are incredibly high in calories... For example, a huge baked potato, with three-quarters of a can of baked beans, 1 tbsp of heinz bbq sauce and 40g of reduced fat cheddar, which is my 'go to' lunch on a green day is a whopping 750 calories!!!

When it's advising me that I should be having 1200 calories a day to lose 1lb a week, without exercising, then that's a lot of calories!

I'm not sticking to the calorie guide though, just using it as a way of recording my intake and then comparing it to my SW loss. So if I've had a good week or a bad week on SW, I'll look and see what the difference is in terms of calories/fat/protein/carbs/sugars consumed that week...

I love using Mfp as well - its great seeing how much the 'free foods' are and i agree its interesting how much some foods are!

Pasta and potato in particular Elle, especially given how much of it I can eat! It's making me look at my portion sizes, which is no bad thing.

STS today - pleased with that after a BBQ at a friend's, a takeaway and a curry out with friends. At all three I tried to be reasonably sensible, but still went over my syns each of those days, so cut back on others to try and make it up a little.

So, three WIs to go before my holiday and 3lbs to target - having a mini challenge at my group with some others who are close to target. This week we are trying the 777 challenge - 7 speed (or superspeed) foods, 7 glasses of water and 7 syns per day. Although I pretty much do this already, I'm hoping that spending some quality time with my SW books looking at S and SS foods will focus my mind for the coming week... :)

good luck for your challenge!

my shocker on MFP was extra lean beef mince - about 500 cals for 250g of it! shocker!!!! x

Whoop! Whoop! 777 challenge works! :D

1.5lbs off today, which gave me my 3st award (from my restart - 6st from original start!)

All three of us who did the 777 challenge lost - 1lb, 1.5lbs and 2lbs - and all of us have been finding it difficult to lose lately as we are close to target, so I'm going to do it again this week and hope to get the other 1.5lbs off!

Thanks Elle!

A bit disheartened this week, really hoped to get to target, but only lost half a lb, rather than the 1.5 I needed to lose.

Still, onwards and downwards - still got one WI before I go off on holiday... :)

Gah! I didn't do it... :( Maintained this week. I was absolutely gutted. My C suggested I called target at 10st 13lbs, to give me the incentive to get my holiday gain off quickly, so I don't have to pay! Thought that was a good idea, as, to be honest, I was so gutted I thought that if I came back from holiday with a large gain (which I will, I'm not going to stick to plan AT ALL on holiday!), I might never go back at all... So that's what I've done, with a view to resetting my target to half a stone lower once I've got back to it and learned to stay there...probably not until later in the year.

I asked her not to mention it to the group, as I feel like a bit of a fraud! My group is lovely and supportive and they all knew I was aiming for that final 1lb this week, so to announce that I'd hit target would have felt wrong! I also said I didn't want the badge and certificate - I'll wait until I get to my final, final target...whenever that will be!

Still, I'm off on holiday with a case full of shorts, above the knee skirts, tankinis and two dresses - normally my case would be full of long baggy t-shirts and cropped trousers! I've got renewed enthusiasm to get the holiday gain off quickly and then learn to live at my new weight (last time I started gaining again almost immediately!). I'll also see what happens to my body after a few months at this new weight before I make a final decision on my new target. Still got an enormous jelly belly which I'd love to shift, but that might mean more exercise and toning than further weight loss - I don't want to lose any more off my face and shoulders, which is where it's all coming off from!

See you in a fortnight xxx

Got back from holiday last Monday and stepped on the scales.... 10.5lbs gain! How is that even possible?!!

Still, I had a lovely holiday, and ate and drank whatever I fancied, so a large gain wasn't a surprise, although 10.5lbs was. Got straight back on plan and had managed to shift 4.5lbs by WI on Friday, so 'officially' my holiday gain was registered at 6lbs.

This week then, I need to lose at least 2lbs to get back into my target range and avoid paying... The challenge is on!

Managed to get 4 Morrison's vouchers from the Sun as well, without even having to buy the paper! So that was £20 of free fruit and veg over the weekend, which was an absolute godsend after the amount we spent on holiday. Made a big batch of roasted vegetable pasta sauce for the freezer, as well as buying lots of lovely fruit (melon, strawberries, peaches, pineapple, apples, bananas!) to make sure I've got things to snack on to keep me on plan.

So, my plan now is to get to the bottom end of my target range (which means losing 8lbs from where I am now) by the end of the year and then consider re-setting my target. Hopefully by then my body will have settled at this weight and I'll be able to realistically decide on a final target...

Look at this though... so proud! A gap!!!

069.jpg

Lost 3lbs at WI this morning, so that's half of the 'official' holiday gain gone! I want to try and get the other 3lbs off next week, which will get me back to my lowest weight for almost 3 years...

Thinking of going to a SW consultants opportunity event this weekend, just to see if it appeals. I know it's hard to get a group up and running to the point where you're making decent income from it, but my C is also the team developer and I know she'd give me a lot of help.

Well done on the loss babe - how is this week going??

I went to the consultant talk - but have not got the time to put into it at the moment what with working full time and being a mummy!

Its very honest and informative at the talk. Xx

Morning all! I've been struggling for the last couple of weeks and naughty things are starting to creep in, so I need to get back on track.

I'm still in my target range (just!) but I need to nip this in the bud now. I've got a chilli in the slow cooker to prevent any disastrous choices for dinner and I'm going to try the 777 challenge for a couple of days.

This is the hurdle I fell at last time - staying at target. It's like a little switch flicks in your brain and suddenly your willpower disappears. I guess it's about rewarding yourself for all the months of 'abstinence'!

I'm also away this weekend, then next weekend it's my birthday and I'm away again the weekend after that, so I think September is going to be a challenge. :eek:

Well done on the loss babe - how is this week going??

I went to the consultant talk - but have not got the time to put into it at the moment what with working full time and being a mummy!

Its very honest and informative at the talk. Xx

I went to the talk Elle and have had an interview. Still not entirely sure I'm going to do it, but as the DM said, there's no obligation until you hand over your money and they don't want to talk about group locations etc until you've got through the interview stage, so I thought it was worth continuing!

(It was very weird being interviewed by Tina! :D)

Back