Dreamaholic's diary - 20 pounds to go!

sushi is my all time favourite! glad you like it!! eating sushi makes me feel so healthy as there's no added oil at all!! :)

have been quite bad at doing food diaries...

Week 6 Thursday - EE

Breakfast - bolognese pasta, made with peppers, mushroom, onion, minced beef, pasta, and tomato (yes, pasta for breakfast as I was making packed lunch!)

Lunch - bolognese pasta

Snacks - banana and apple, some crackers (7 syns)

Dinner - oyako don

Snacks - some peanuts. some syns there I believe... (will update when I work out the amount of syn)

Syns: 7 + 3 (?) = 10 (approximately)

Week 6 Friday - EE

Breakfast: fish + pepper + potato bake

Lunch: bolognese pasta

Snack: apple + banana, alpen light (HeB)

Dinner: went to a Mexico restaurant, had some sangria, shared a meaty platter (with some deep fried food like calamari... but I only had a mouthful of each variety... so hopefully the damage won't be too great), almost tempted by the fajitas but had chicken ceaser salad in the end!! and didn't touch the croutons too! finished with a coffee (with some hazelnut liqueur) there're certainly some syns... but no idea how many...

Syns: ?? (maybe around 15? 20?)

I just find it impossible to estimate syns when dining out... hence I'm just trying to have as little syn as possible during the week, and also cut down the healthy extras... to try to compensate for the meal out.

Will dine out on Saturday lunch and Sunday lunch.... have been feeling bloated lately too... maybe it's time of the month soon... not looking forward to WI next Monday... as I have a feeling the number won't look great :ashamed0005:

Last edited:
Had my weigh in just now, and have gained 1 pound - boo!

Actually am not too upset about it, as it's "time of the month" for me, and I also dined out over the weekend, hope the figure will be lower next week.

Will do my food diary when I get home tonight.

Had my weigh in just now, and have gained 1 pound - boo!

Actually am not too upset about it, as it's "time of the month" for me, and I also dined out over the weekend, hope the figure will be lower next week.

Will do my food diary when I get home tonight.

Glad it wasn't more than 1lb, and atleast you know where it came from :)

xxx

OK... haven't done my food diary for a few days... let me try to note down what I had in my "synful" weekend!

Saturday 21/8

Lunch: Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's - there's a 3-course menu at 70 quid, or a 6-course tasting menu at 80 quid, in addition they do a 30 quid for 3 course set lunch - which is what we went for! food is absolutely delicious yet affordable!!! would recommend!!

starter 1: cold pea soup with onion and cheese bits
starter 2: rabbit and crayfish ravioli, in a crayfish bisque
main: roast beef with yorkshire pudding, beans and roast potatoes
dessert: apricot clafoutis with raspberry icecream
sweet: passion fruit jelly and vanilla truffle

no idea how many syns... but we really enjoyed the meal! :)

dinner: tried to be good, only had chinese leaves in miso soup.

Sunday 22/8

Breakfast: mixed berries and banana with fat free yogurt

Lunch: Chinese dimsums with some friends - again, no idea how many syns...

Dinner: melon + parma ham, cucumber and chicken salad

total number of syn over the weekend: unknown!

Monday 23/8

Snack: banana + biscuit (2 syn)

Lunch: Itsu chicken pot noodle soup (with a decent proportion of bean sprout, carrot and shitake mushroom)

Snack: alpen light, banana, apples, strawberry pocky sticks (3.5 syn)

Dinner: oyako don

Syn: 5.5

-----------------------------------------------------------

the "synful" weekend explains the 1 pound gain, doesn't it!

to be honest, I'm happy to have very low syn days during the week, but over the weekend / when I dine out, I find it very hard to try to limit what I have (I really don't want to have salad when I dine out!) I know this is gonna slow down my weight loss, but I'd rather do this so that at least I won't decide to completely jump off the wagon.

Last edited:
Tuesday 24/8

Snack: banana + apple x 2

Lunch: m&s count on me pasta (6 syn)

Snack: alpen light, banana, half a bens cookies (4 syn???)

Dinner: broccoli, fish bake (with red onion, mushroom, peppers, salmon, haddock, cod and egg)

Dessert: strawberries with activia fat free yogurt

Total syn: around 10

25/8 Wednesday - EE (I'm doing EE everyday unless stated otherwise)

Breakfast: fish + pepper + red onion mushroom bake

Lunch: a small white wine (6 syns) rocket and bakes pear salad with some Parmesan (HeA), pork belly with veg and potato, peach crumble (5 syns)

Snack: banana

Dinner: oyako don (chicken + onion + egg + rice)

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
26/8 thursday - EE

Breakfast: tofu + shirataki noodle

Snack: a mini sainsbury bitesize brownie + mouthful of sticky toffee pudding + mouthful of tiramisu. (in total no bigger than a slice of cake, so assume 5 syn)

Lunch: m&s count on us asparagus + spinach risotto (around 5 syn), grapes and strawberry. Deep fried cheese (assume 5 syn)

Dinner: roast duck + veg + crab meat + tofu + rice. Watercress soup

Total syns: 15

Going away on Friday. Wil probably be another synful long weekend. Well... Losing weight is a life long mission so I do need a break every now and then. Will try to have more veg and fruit so it will still be close to EE.

Have a good one everyone!

Last edited:
Back from long weekend in the French countryside, went to a wedding, so quite a few glasses of champagnes and quite a bit of bread and foie gras... Was dreading weigh in but went anyway, and lost 0.5 pound!! Hurray for not gaining!!! Will now get back on the wagon!!

Sounds like you had a fab weekend, and no gain! Well done you!! I'm back on the wagon too after a week off work (always fall off when not working!). Would love to lose 0.5lb like you at WI tomorrow, but not getting my hopes up, a STS would be a mircale, lol.

Emily, I think it's because it's time of the month last week, so it appears that I have lost 0.5 pounds. Oh well.. at least I haven't gained!!

I have been rubbish at noting down what I ate again!

it was a syn-ful weekend (champagne, foie gras, bread, macaroon etc etc, very enjoyable!) and I've tried to draw a line as at the end of Monday...

except that... I did have quite abit of post holiday syns as colleagues were bringing in post holiday goodies. (Belgium chocolate, really irresistible!)

Tuesday 31/8

Snack: a few pieces of Belgium chocolate (8 syns?)
Lunch: Chicken + rocket salad, melon and grapes
Snack: yogurt, alpen light bar (HeB)
Dinner: beef with rice, egg and spring onion, seaweed salad

Total: 8 syns

Wednesday 1/9

Snack: apple
Lunch: homemade pasta in a tomato sauce made with minced beef, onion, mushroom
Snack: absolutely delicious chocolate cake (5 syns), fresh pineapple
Dinner: peas and ham pasta noodle soup, broccoli, fried egg

Total: 5 syns

Thursday 2/9
Breakfast: homemade pasta in a tomato sauce made with minced beef, onion, mushroom
Lunch: Vietnamese grilled pork rice noodle salad, lemonade (3 syns)
Snack: apple, alpen light, chicken slices with low fat french dressing
Dinner: broccoli, fried egg, strawberries + blackberries with fat free yogurt

Total: 3 syns

Friday 3/9
Breakfast: homemade pasta in a tomato sauce made with minced beef, onion, mushroom
Lunch: rocket salad with a tomato tart (a few syns), grilled salmon fillet with pesto (a few syns), potatoes, carrots as sides, 1 small white wine (5 syns)
Dinner: melon with parma ham (1 syn), chicken cucumber salad with a garlic & ginger & sesame dressing

Let's call this a total of 15 syns
(I'm rubbish in working out how many syns I had!)

I've revised that to 8 syns... They were small pieces though :p

I'm finding it increasingly hard to do a food diary!!!

Saturday 4/9
Breakfast: left over homemade pasta in a tomato sauce made with minced beef, onion, mushroom
snack: activia fat free yogurt with strawberries
Lunch: at Prezzo - spinach salad with chicken, avocado, mushroom, a small piece of ciabetta bread and some croutons, a diet coke (guess: 5 syns)
Dinner: oyako don (rice with chicken pieces, onion and egg), broccoli with garlic

Sunday 5/9
Breakfast: grapefruit
Brunch: dim sums (Chinese tapas) - no idea how many syns, 20?
snack: activia fat free yogurt with blackberries
Dinner: Japanese wheat noodles, Japanese fried noodles with onion, mushroom and crab stick

Monday 6/9
Breakfast: tofu and konnyaku
snack: apple, mullerlight yogurt
lunch: homemade pasta in a tomato sauce made with minced beef, onion, mushroom, rocket salad
snack: penguin bar (5.5 syns), raspberries with yogurt
dinner: oyako don (rice with chicken pieces, onion and egg), broccoli with garlic
snack: crisps (5 syns?)

was too busy to weigh today... will go tomorrow!

I'm struggling with the whole food diary thing at the moment too, and as a result probably sneaking some naughty things in without realising! Still looks like you've had a good few days, hope weigh in goes well tomorrow :D

Yea, lost a pound :)

Yay, well done hun :D

Just worked out it's 108 days / 15 weeks till Xmas. To lose 20 pounds to get me to target would mean I'll have to lose 1.3 pounds per week. Its not impossible but given my track record it may not happen. But I'll give it a try!! Even if I manage to lose 1 pound each week I'd lose 15 pounds leaving me 5 pounds away from target. That's good enough!!! This shall hopefully help me stay focused!!

Yea, go for it! Whatever happens you know you will weigh less than you did last Xmas :D If you could lose a pound a week, then 5lb to lose after Xmas should be easy peasy. No chance of me losing 31.5lbs for Xmas, lol.

But you've been losing quicker than me. Looks like you lose roughly 1.5-2 pounds a week. So you never know ;-)

Back