Cruise PP Dukan Bread in the microwave or breadmaker

Just had some dukan bread with quark and lean ham. Amazing! Thank u soooo much for posting this! This is the best thing ever! X

Just made this for the first time as I was craving something bread like. It was lovely!

Hi,
I start Cruise tomorrow.
I know my oatbran increases to 2 tbsp daily (is that for both PV and PP days?).
BUT am I allowed wheatbran too?
If so, what is the daily allowance please?
It's bread I've missed most so hope I am allowed this recipe on Cruise.
Thanks xx

Yes two tabsps oat bran every day. Wheat bran is a tolerated food, max 1 tablespoon per day and would be one of the two tolerated foods you can have daily. If your loss stalls these go so you are back to the main diet. Wheat bran improves the flavour and texture of the bread. You can get a good one from the DD shop. It's organic, the packet is big and it lasts a long time.

I made this yesterday but it went really hard and brittle after 3 mins in the microwave. It was nice to have the crunch but will try for 2.5mins next time.

Hey - I've just had the BEST breakfast in a long time .... Boiled eggs with soldiers! I made the bread, sliced it & toasted - it was lovely. Thank you for this bread recipe.

Just to let you know that if you leave the egg yolk out and just use the white the bread turns out exactly the same. I tried it today as i like to have the bread every morning but didn't want to eat 7 yolks a week:eek:

Great idea re omitting egg yolk - we all have a tendency to eat too many yolks!

NB: wheatbran does "help" with transit. So if you're (ahem) NOT needing such help, I'd advise avoidance...
(ie, if you're a bit loose, stay WELL away!)

Just to let you know that if you leave the egg yolk out and just use the white the bread turns out exactly the same. I tried it today as i like to have the bread every morning but didn't want to eat 7 yolks a week:eek:

Great idea! I have at times been making it with half the eggs and adding more FromFrais to up the moisture, but this does give it an even denser texture...

Mine doesn't seem that dense, but I have upped the moisture a bit with thinner things as well as the quark, like ordinary (not Greek) yoghurt or a bit of milk, and I use about 1 1/4 teasps baking pdr. I also give it nearly 4mins in the microwave, which is a high heat one. At 3 mins I turn it upside down on a plate and zap for the last min with no casing. Depends what you're cooking it in, mine is a round takeaway dish with straight sides , ie not a pudding basin. It comes out about 3 or 4 cm high, quite open textured because of the extra baking pdr.

When I've done it like this I always toast the two halves as much nicer. I feel I could substitute this for toast for always, really.

i will have to try this again as mine was a flop. dry. small. thin.

but, people on here seem to like it

what else do people spread on it besides Quark? as it was quite dry!

thanks!

I sometimes use the tolerated items but certainly not every day, such as, 1 tablespoon of sugar free jam or 1 wedge of light laughing cow cheese. I was stagnant with weight loss for awhile, so I didn't use any extras.

When I make mine, I only cook it for 1:30. I'm not sure what wattage my microwave is, but I just kept reducing the time until it came out moist. The first attempt closely resembled a crouton! :D

I sometimes put sweetened quark with soaked goji berries on top. I also use mixed spice in them when doing a sweetened version. If yours are coming out hard and dry, check you have the right proportions of everything, including a whole egg not just the white, and the wheat bran mixed in gives a more bread like flavour. Make sure you add enough of the wet stuff, i mix quark and yogurt. Mix all together to get it well blended. Check your baking powder is fresh. Use a container that gives it a chance to rise properly, it needs the sides for support. Mine doubles in size.

Sorry for my silence on the subject, I didn't notice this discussion. I think good suggestions have already been made.

Also, as I found out today, for the microwave version, making the mix too water-wet (my egg was small and I only had yoghurt to hand) made mine not rise much and stay quite cakey.
You can also try using baking SODA instead of baking powder- it reacts with the acidity in the FromFrais/Yoghurt. You need much less though, and it gives it a bit of a 'Soda Bread' taste...

And yes - adjust the cooking time, my MW is only 800W and 3 minutes seems to be exactly right for my container shape too.

As for spreading - yes I frequently have quark for the first moisture layer (instead of butter or philly, sometmes I just sprinkle the quark with fresh chives and a sprinkling of Salt&Pepper) but after that treat it like a normal sandwich: occasional lean ham, roasted sliced chicken/turkey, bresaola, tuna 'mayonnaise' (tuna, quark, chives, vinegar/lemon to taste), egg 'mayonnaise' (mashed up egg again with fromfrais and mustard), slices of smoked salmon, tinned salmon 'pate' with dill (made just as the two 'mayo' variations above). Or toast and cut into finger for dipping in soft-boiled egg.

Sweet things: Sweetened & Vanilla flavoured Quark / FromFrais, topped with SF/FF Jelly 'Jam' (I do that with the 'muffins' after splitting them horizontally). Or toast and dipped in sweetened / flavoured Yoghurt, I like that for breakfast too.

Think normal 'sandwich' and the possibilities are endless really. I usually also add some rocket / lettuce / sliced cucumber etc etc, and recently in Conso have also been adding sliced fruit for the sweet version.

I don't think sugar free jam is a tolerated item.

I put turkey bacon in the middle of mine to make a bacon butty.

Sorry I expressed that incorrectly. I use normal Hartleys sugar-free jelly (the sachets or the ready pots) - the ones that call themselves '10 cal per portion'. I then use them like I would jam, by putting on top of my quark... or in my pancakes too - when I'm desperate for that fruit effect....

So you can eat this entire thing in one day?
That would be great for munching on!

Also, I didn't know we were allowed laughing cow triangles :D

What is 'this entire whole thing'? You can have 2 TB oatbran and 1Tb wheat bran in Cruise. If you make the microwave bread with those amounts then yes you can. If you make the breadmaker loaf with 12 TB oatbran then you have made 6 days' worth.

Laughing cow, I have no idea, if we are allowed then they are tolerated items no doubt, one (or less?) per day max. And only the extra-lite version.

Back