Consolidation Dukan Did It...DukanNotSoFattys Conso Story

Blimey it is quiet, I couldn't find my thread and realised it was further down the page, nothing new LOL............hope everyone is having a good Dukan week so far.

PP Monday for me. I do prefer my PP days, at the moment LOL, I seem to have more control that way.

My second week of conso has been another confusing one, a total mux up in the week, but I think I might have next week cracked. I have decided that I am going to have my bread every day for a lunchtime sandwich and then use the rest of my oatbran as my muffins for the day. I was still trying to have my Dukan bread and then save the real bread for toast.........but it wasn't working and then I was getting myself confused as to whether or not I could have something in its place.....of course I know this, but ....daft ideas and all that!!!!

So with my having my bread every day for lunch, different fillings is basically taking me back to what I used to have before Dukan, so hey its normal LOL. I am having fruit with my breakfast every day, trying to have different ones so I have a variety. And my cheese, well some days its with the bread and other days its on the evening meal....cheese on cheeseburger pie, very yum.

Starch on Weds and Celebration on Saturday.

I have realised this week that chocolate is my trigger food. Twice I have had a couple of choc fingers and then ended up binging, so I am going to stear clear of it, if at any time I think I need some I will refer back to this week. Its a shame, because I do like chocolate occasionally and there have been times when I really needed it...but I will resist.

As for the chipsticks/crisps. I haven't had crisps but I did have chipsticks last week, my all time favourite crisp snack and I am going to restrict this to one bag a month. I will try to keep my celebration meal to things like chips that I like with certain things, or include a bit of cake or cheesecake as my pudding.

I know this all seems regimented, but I really need this, this last two weeks has been a bit harder than I thought it would be, and not because its about maintaining, but because its about eating more and not overeating...about having treats but being restrained....if this week proves as hard I am just not going to have the starch and CM, it would be easier to start with.

Anyway, weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed my stupidity doesn't become a problem in the morning.

Can't believe you love pp day!! I hate it and dread it coming round - I find it hard to believe I did a year of doing pp/pv as now I struggle with just one pp a week!! Karin you seem to have it all mapped out - well done you. You are so organised!! I dont know what I'm having from one day to the next!! and I often forget to have my starch meal - which is only ever brown pasta anyway - you are doing great and keeping it all under control by the sounds of it - well done xx

Karin you've nailed it in your post............................its moderation and treats. As for being regimented I need the same if it works then it works xxx

LOL, I knew when I typed that about the PP day it would be controversial ..........but I felt so in control yesterday, but who knows what I will be saying in two months time.

I definitely need to plan, it doesn't always work as todays menu showed. It went from cheeseburger pie to turkey burgers with cheese on top, and a tomato and onion side. Tomorrow is my starch day and I am having a jacket potato...I know potatoes are low on the list of allowed starches, but I have missed them. I've not really got a proper size one either, so am going to bake some little salad potatoes, yum yum, so looking forward to them, going to use the little bit of spread I would normally put on my bread, and the cheese on top. Then the bread can be spread with a bit of quark with my chicken.

So my weigh in this morning.......STAYED THE SAME. Phew, I admit to being a little worried that my stupidity with the sweets and chocolate was going to cause me serious problems, but as I was telling hubby this morning and he asked me what I had eaten, as I listed things it actually didn't seem that I had over binged. For instance, the munchies overtook me on Sunday, I had 5 Cadbury choc fingers and about 10 jelly sweets. Last Tuesday when I binged, I had some chocolate buttons and fingers and sweets then too....but when I think of some of the 'binges' I read about I don't think mine were that bad now LOL, BUT....still not good and that's got to stop.

What pleases me though is that I have still be able to control them, after a fashion. Obv my week has kind of balanced itself out and my body stayed the same.

So here's to the next week. x

Sure is Sara, was very happy with that.

Starch day today, slight change to the menu. Instead of having a home cooked jacket potato and adding my own butter (LF) and cheese, I bought the Half jackets from Farm Foods with cheese and ham in them. The only potatoes I have in the cupboard are the small salad potatoes, and I was a bit worried that firstly I wouldn't know how many I could have, and then there might be too much spread and cheese used, so buying these means its a bit more controlled. Having fresh burgers and a salad with them. Really looking forward to them.

DD out for tea tonight and hubby still poorly in bed, tummy bug we think, so I will be billy no mates for me tea.....don't mind though, I love reading whilst I eat.

I realised I haven't been writing down my food, I know I don't really need to but its good to see what it looks like when its written down.

So

BF Porridge and Rhubarb with Yogurt. (realised an hour ago I had forgotten to have my piece of fruit)
LN Two small slices wholemeal bread as a 'cheese toasted sandwich' oh yum, (half cheese allowance), Leftover quorn roast and chicken with chill/quark dip and Carrot Muffin and Soya Yogurt
TE Jacket Pot with Beefburger and Salad and Muffin and Yogurt

I had an apple mid afternoon as my fruit for the day.

Always love to read you food meus xxx always well thought and tasty. STS is a great place to be Karin xxx

loving reading you... as I've missed a couple of days, I had more to catch up on than usual and enjoyed seeing your analysis and conclusions. Foreplanning definitely is the way for some of us. If it's written down, I'll stick to it (ish at the moment!).

STS is excellent :D

Thank you Sue and Joanne.

As mentioned plans can change, because hubby has been ill the last four days its meant the meals have changed, but all still Dukan good. I've had beef burgers for three meals in a row now, but they were very tasty and I wasn't bothered. Change to tonight's plan is that instead of having my gala meal on Saturday I've had it today instead. But again its not a problem. I'm actually thinking it might be best to have it earlier in the week rather than close to the PP day, but we will see.

Hubby is much better and has gone to a friends house tonight, so I had my chipstick treat today instead of Saturday. Sat catching up on CSI NY and scoffing them...so yum, and feel a bit stuffed now LOL. But that's it for another few weeks. I had planned to have some galaxy choc with my tea on Saturday, pudding really, and that be my celebration, but had decided to try and stear clear of chocolate for the moment.

Been making tonnes of jewellery for my fairs in the next two weeks, lots of new bracelets and a couple of new ideas. Once I get it all sorted I'll show some pics.

Food today

BF Porridge Rhubarb and Yogurt
LN Beefburger in Breadbun (small one) with left over chicken strips. Dukan muffin with yogurt
TE Final beefburger with salmon quiches (mini one) and salad / strawberries and ice cream and a bag of chipsticks.
SP Hot Choc and bit of cheese.

The beefburgers were from Aldi, half price on Tuesday, I couldn't believe how thick they were, and soo tasty, not sure I would pay £2.50ish for them though normally, but half that was worth it.

Hellloooo anyone there LOL, hope you all having a great Dukan Weekend.

Started the day with porridge and dance class, daughters that is. Then after cheese toast lunch we went to a friends for a birthday get together. I had a plain burger and a small slice of birthday cake. Meatball Salad for tea with frozen yogurt ice cream.

I think I've got a cold coming on as I seem to have had a runny nose all day, and now have a sore throat, usually get it the other way round so am hoping that maybe its just a touch of hay fever.

DD fell in the swimming pool yesterday, I say fell in, its a graduated pool so its like walking into the see, she was the very edge, turned lost her footing and went down hard on the right hand side. Got a nasty graze on her upper thigh and a bashed elbow which is bruising up. She also banged her coccix so she's been a bit walking wounded today.

I'm at a friends house tomorrow for a crafty afternoon, taking my beads so I can make some sun catchers for my fairs coming up. Made 20 little guardian angel keyrings and charms yesterday and have made 12 beaded charm bracelets.

got a lot more than that made and still have a few things I want to do. Monday and Tuesday I'll be making cards for school fair and then get it all packed and labelled on Weds

Gonna have a quick nosey about and then bed I think, quite tired at the moment, think its this flippin nose of mine x

Karin loving your guardian angel theme xxx hope your sniffles pass soon xxx

Good Morning Karin xxx hope you have a great Dukan Sunday xxx

Karin your AWOL..................I'm worrying xxx

Karin are you being a busy bee? xxxx

I'm here hunni friends....just my fingers busy with pliers and chain and beads instead of the keyboard....but have just finished putting together a dozen or so pendants and that's it. got to price everything up now tomorrow, label it all, pack it up and make sure Ihave everything I need for Thursday....then Saturday.

My hands are sore, got a horrid itchy rash all over my hands and even the palm of one hand, chemist said allergic reaction possible and gave me some cortisone cream.

Dukan Sunday was a bit cheaty....but I'm not bothered. I have had a bit of a lightbulb moment, because although I aim to follow Conso, on days when I am out, if at a friends house (which I was on Sat and Sun) I want to be able to join in. Saturday was a friends birthday get together, I had a single plain burger (no bread), and a small slice of birthday cake (the smallest on the plate)

Sunday was a craft afternoon at a friends house, I took beads!!!! And I had a few sweets and choc buttons and half a doughnut....yes half. I cut it in half, so good eh? But I wanted to lose weight to be able to enjoy these events without feeling as though I was being watched as I over ate....now I can.

I have had my PP day today, and feel quite good for it, weigh in tomorrow morning, so will see how we go, but even if its a tiny gain, I am not going to be scared or worried as I know this is normal living, week by week we change, but its the ignoring of that change, and overeating that puts us back to square one. I have to admit I was very proud of myself for not overdoing it on the chocolates....I had about ten choc buttons and about 7 twirl bites. I could so easily have had more than that.............but i didn't YAY me!!!

I've got a very busy week, mainly Thursday. Daughter's school have decided to do an all day event, starting with Sport Day, with family picnic for lunch, followed by school fair. Its then the high School induction open evening, which we are giving a friend a lift to, but hubby has to do a hospital run with his dad so may only just get back in time, but DD has to be in bed really early as she is going to London on Friday with school, 7am train, which means getting to school for half 6...so we'll be up at 5am. As I am in school for the day I will probably not get back to sleep myself, but spend the whole day worrying myself sick about DD being so far from home. They are going on the tube for one part of the journey and its freaking me out because they are taking about 26 kids and getting them all off the tube so quickly is worrying.

Does anyone know how long they stop for at each station, how long are the doors open for, is it timed or is there a guard. Oh god, its freaking me out.

Right off to bed, will try to read all your diaries tomorrow, need to get morning stuff together and go turn my car round on the drive.

Night all xxxx

Hello there Karin,
In Paris at least, when there's a school party, the people accompanying them hold them all back against the back wall until a suitably empty carriage arrives in front of them. They are then shepherded in quickly. Yes there is a guard. London is much the same. (and boy does the noise volume in the chosen carriage rise on their entrance! I admit to having had the time to exit myself and change carriage when I see such a group choosing my one! haaaaaa!) Hope that's reassuring on the timing front!

I totally agree with you ref being able to enjoy times out with your friends and children and you do sound a very busy bee indeed at the moment!

x

Joanne, yes that helps. I actually went to talk to the teacher this morning as I had worked myself up into a right state. Anyway, she said that there will be 6 adults, so its roughly 1:5 ratio, and each group will get on separately, so if for any reason someone is not on the tube, it will actually be a full group of kids with an adult, and then they get on the next one.

The walking around the city doesn't worry me too much, but I will definitely be happier once she is home LOL.

WI this morning, and I stayed the same weight for the third week running, I'm quite happy about that. I may be a little out of sorts with loads going on and my weeks not running to plan apart from PP Monday, but that fact I have maintained for three weeks running is making me a very happy womble.

I've got all my beaded items priced up and labelled, now to bag up and do last of cards tomorrow. Going to be a very long day on Thursday and then an early night for all of us for early rise on Friday. I think I might actually have to give school a miss on the volunteer front on Friday morning, I need to get home and have another hours kip so I can be fully functional for my mock exam in the afternoon me thinks LOL.

Will see, might be ok. Thou I may need the time to do my prep for Saturday. I'm very pleased with what I've made, and once I've got past the weekend I will take some pics and post them for all to see.

Made a yummy egg pudding for supper tonight.

2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of fromage frais. 3 Tbs of skim milk powder 1tsp of baking powder. Sweetner and flavourings to taste. Mix it all really really well, microwave it on 600W for 3mins. It comes out like a stodgy sweet something....can't describe it, but it definitely filled a spot. I was having a few 'sweet' cravings and now I am ok LOL x

Back