Consolidation Dukan & me

CHRISR

Gold Member
Its almost a year since I started my dukan journey, I've been on conso for around 5 weeks and I love it. The past 2 weeks Ive been miserable with a tooth abcess and have worries about my children at the moment but I havent thought to comfort eat at all. Pre Dukan I would have gone straight into eating overdrive, all the wrong stuff in very large amounts, I didnt understand why I was like that but I definately had a problem.

So not only have I lost weight but my head is sorted too - wierd I know but it is ........

Thank goodness I made the decision on the 25th July to start Dukan and post on this forum - thank you my MM friends, you all know who you are for helping me sort my head out and the rest of me too ;)

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diaries/278125-chrisr-consolidation-journey-280-days.html

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diaries/226999-chrisr-dukan-journey.html

You should be very proud of all you have achieved in just a year Chris - mentally and physically you are a completely different woman. Go you!

Don't forget you are the real star of your show!!! Well done petal!!! xxx

great to hear :D well done you

I am just about to start today, yours is the first post I read.

Fantastically well done, an inspirational read!

Thank you x

Thanks for posting this Chris and huge congrats as well. I'm so interested in the topic of consolidation and changing your attitude to food. Although I'm doing well on Dukan and am feeling quite invincible (!!), I also know I've lost weight before and slowly gained it back. From past form, I expect to be super motivated until I get to target and also for a good few months after, following which little treats will trickle in and then...well, we all know that story!

Like you have managed to do, I know I need to change my attitude to food to be able to make this a long term thing. I want to be able to see food as enjoyable fuel, rather than something to turn to when I am sad/annoyed/bored...etc.

Have you got any advice on how you changed your thinking? Was it the length of time on cruise that made it a real habit? Is it because cutting out entire food groups takes the decision making away? How are you managing with re-introducing carbs now your on consolidation?

I will go back and read over your diaries for inspiration, but wondered if you'd mind taking time to share the key 'headlines' of your success? I'm so phenomenally impressed with your achievement - any advice or tips you have would be greatly appreciated!

Well done again, you have a lot to be proud of.

Joodle

Hi There,

It's inspiring to see how well you did on the Dukan Diet.
I've just started and am worried it will be tough! do you have any advice?
I tried the oat bran cookies today, I think i made them wrong hehe! it tasted so horrible i would of rather been hungry!
I hope some of the other recipes are a bit nicer, have u got any recommendations?

xx

I use the oatbran for porridge and make the galettes, and cakes. Also made the dukan bread inthe microwave and so far so good.

Joodle what a brilliant post to say Congrats to Chris. I'm useless at words and you summed it up perfectly. Chris, total respect hun, you've done amazing. I too would love to hear what your tips are for changing attitudes.

Thanks everyone - its hard to put it into words really other than I'd had enough of food controlling 'me'. I knew it was a big problem and would only get worse, I had to do something about it, I dread to think how depressed and big I would be now if I hadnt started Dukan last July. I did it for me but for my lovely family too who have been my rock and still are - I am very lucky they eat whatever I'm having and they have never complained once. I never ever want to look or feel 56lbs heavier again ......... I am by nature quite shy even at my age and dont feel comfortable going to new places or dealing with new situations but since Dukan my confidence has soared. My friend said she can see it glowing in my face! Ah. I have a wardrobe full of size 12 - 14 clothes, new makeup!!! etc etc and I love going out with my MrR. I am proud of ME and my family are so happy for me too and that means more than anything in the world.

I will be honest - I dont know why my attitude to food has changed ........... I could still comfort eat but I do something else to take my mind of it. Throughout my diary I kept saying my head is sorted - it is - why? I'm happy!

Willow - Diet in French is a 'REGIME' and thats what it is - it is hard, NO proper diet is easy but with this one you see results every week (In Cruise I couldnt wait to get up every sunday morning to step on those scales because I knew I would have lost weight) no diet has ever done that for me before ...... the hard bit for me is now in Conso but slowly I'm getting there.

I only bake muffins, can't make gallettes for the life of me and not kean on dukan bread or biscuits.
I have bread when I want it but not every day and I had potatoe last night, wish I hadn't my stomach tends to rebel with them.

Throughout this diet I have been relaxed and very very pleased with whatever weightloss each week. Just go with the flow girls, plenty protein, loads of water and minimins, it will be off in no time at all. Dont think of it as being a long time because in the scheme of things it isnt .......... you have the rest of your lives to be slim and gorgeous!!!

Thank you for your lovely posts xxx this forum is fab and one dukan thing I could not do without xxx

Chris, I wish I could double 'like' your post! This is exactly the sort of thing I need and want to hear. For me, the losing weight is the easy bit. If you can change your attitude and get happy and be more relaxed with food then I feel sure I can too!

Sounds like Conso is tough too in its own way. Keep note of whatever you figure out along the way to share with us please! Sorry you're having to go first and cut the path, but in turn, we promise to help those who come behind us. That sounds a bit daft, but I really do feel that this is a journey - learning not just about the nutrition side but, possibly more crucially, the psychological side.

Keep us in the loop! Go you!!

Jx

Woah, thats was a post and half, its inspiring to know that it looks as though our attitudes will kind of change on their own. LOL. I think it has sort of, because despite the current problems in my life I am feeling very very motivated to lose weight. Chris thank you for your post and for sharing with us.

Throughout life problems will always appear when we least expect them too and we will have no control over them - staying healthy and slim is something we 'CAN' do for ourselves.

I cannot explain to anyone really how fantastic I feel ............. for me its how I feel inside thats the most important and I feel bloody marvellous :D

Dammit. Why does minim ins not have a triple like button??? This'll have to do:

:wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee::wee:

Chris what a fantastic thread you have started. Any newbie should be directed to it as it show what Dukan can achieve when followed. Like you have said so well its the changes to your mind and attitudes to food a thats so important the weight loss is just a fantastic bonus. Keep posting your inspirational journey............its helped me so much and know it will continue too through into conso xxx

Back