edibeedee's Phase 2

Went to 2 happy hours tonight and listened to a live jazz set, then sat outside and chatted with my neighbors. It was nice to visit with friends. Have not worked out at all this week either. THIS MUST STOP! I plan to go 2mro before I work on finishing my class work that is due on Monday along with a presentation to be given in front of the class but that will be a snap. Thank you Lord for getting me this far and I pray you continue to help me through this and forever.

Just heard a story of a fB friend who planned a trip to the UK to visit her on-line boyfriend. She is from from Texas. She got to the airport there but the officials would not let her in. Apparently since she listed on the form that she is unemployed and her boyfriend is unemployed they would not let her in. She does not understand why but she did not get any documents prior to the trip to establish a sponsor and neither one of them could prove that they could actually afford her stay there since he is receiving council assistance. Not sure what this entails but I can see the officials thinking it would be easy for her to stay in the country and then become a burden on British society. She did already have a return flight home ticket paid for, she was only going to stay 2 weeks but they sent her right back home after hours of interviews. I do feel sorry that she wasted all of that money on a plane ticket that she will be paying off for a long time. There were a lot of her fB friends who tried to talk her out of going because they know her financial situation but she insisted. I wish she had listened, it would have saved her a lot of money and heart ache and she still did not get to see her man.

When I just begin to go into Ketosis, I have noticed that I will dream about eating food, candy, chips etc. and wake up feeling like I have failed until I realize it was just a dream. It feels so real. Well last night I dreamed of healthy lettuce wraps. Hummmm.........

Went to the gym today and even though I have felt very good today, I felt even better after. I just did the treadmill. At my gym they have a theater with treadmills, and other machines. They show movies as you work out. This evening's movie was Harry Potter Deathly Hollows part 1. No, I did not watch the whole movie but I would like to watch it again before I go see the new HP movie.

Also finished my last assignments for my Educational Administrator's degree. So far I have a 4.0, hope this last class brings another A. Now on to my internship. I will be a busy girl next semester.

Happiness formula = Do YOUR best and feel good about it. / Unhappiness formula = Compare yourself to others.

Love this quote!

Went swimming last night and this morning too with my friends. This morning I did water aerobics. That makes 3x this week. Will try to go to the gym 2mro too.
Went to see doctor, she said she did another test with my blood and found that I did not have any signs of diabetes. Whoo hoo, she said her nurse miss interpreted her note that she did not mean that I WAS pre-diabetes that she really only wanted to see me to check my blood pressure which by the way is good.

Gym today, did a mile on the treadmill. This has not happened before but at the end of the cool down, the machine flashed that I had met my goal. That was great. I did however get a huge blister on my foot. I didn't wear socks, duh.:d'oh:

I have been eating using weight watcher points for the last few days as I am short on cash until the end of this week. I am having a problem eating all my points let alone the weeklies and the activity points. You get a lot of food. I will see how it goes and if I do ok this week, I will most likely switch to WW.
:cross:

Went to see the last Harry Potter, it was at a place that you can order food and drinks. They had a special menu with butter beers and other things like sticky cake or something like that. I had the banger and chips but I substituted the chips for a dinner salad. I ate the sausage but not the bread. I am not sure how it should have tasted but I found the banger to be pretty bland. I thought it would be more like a polish sausage which I really like or an East Texas Hot Link, yum.

The movie was bitter sweet. I will miss looking forward to and reading the new book or seeing the new movie. My friend who went with me just started reading and watching the movies when DH part 1 came out. She had many, many, questions about the things that went on in the movies. I have seen all the movies many, many times and read each book at least 5 times, some more.

It may take a few weeks to level out if I continue with WW. I probably should expect water gain since I am eating more food before I lose again. I am not sure though. I am really working at being balanced within the plan and eating from all the different groups. Water consumption has dropped a bit so I must get back to drinking more.

Well as I thought I am up 2.4 this week. Will continue the WW experiment another week and see how it goes otherwise I am running back to vlcd.
Going swimming today and tomorrow and plan on doing water aerobics and relaxing!
I am loving the 0 points fruits. Found some delicious fresh cherries and they have helped when the nibbles strike.

Hey there! Just found your diary thread.

If you have been VLCD-ing for a while before going to WW or any other 'regular' food plan you will gain weight at first. The body has been starved of calories and bulk and it is compensating for this 'famine' by slowing down your metabolism and also clinging onto every single calorie that comes in. Some of the regain is probably water, too - glycogen - because you are eating carbs again.

Give WW another week or two and don't panic. Stick to it strictly to give yourself the best chance. Have you tried Atkins? This is usually best for people moving on from VLCD because it also restricts carbs. If you keep portions strictly moderate you should see losses on Atkins fairly quickly as well as get back into wonderful ketosis.

Good luck and keep posting x

Back