Efficient eating!

nadine21

Have decided to start being more efficient with food after throwing away tons this morning due to lots of things going off before I had the chance to use them. Just wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks to share on being more efficient when it comes to food. Im listing below some of the things I'm doing to help aid my efficiency just incase any one is in the same boat as me! Trying to reduce food waste and save some pennies whilst at it :)

I've started by planning out my meals for the week as best I can prior to going shopping and then bought only what I need to make meals, with the exception of fruit, yogurts and alpen bars( things I snack on).

Its rare I eat bread, however, my partner likes to have it in Just incase so I bought a smaller loaf and divided it up into 2 slices and put them into sandwich bags, this way we only take out what we need instead of defrosting a whole loaf for a slice of toast.

Im also having a big cook off this evening and tomorrow, making sauces, soups etc and portioning them up so i have easy, conveniet meals which ive cooked,in the freezer which are healthy. That way i just have to reheat them in the microwave. I'm even chopping up the left over fresh veg to freeze too, hopefully by being more prepared I can save time in the kitchen and not risk wasting food, the meals which cannot be frozen will be put together more easily as all the veg will be prepared.

Hope this helps some of you and if anyone else has any suggestions, please post them! I'll be over the moon to hear from you guys :) x x

Back