Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Hey chick - I did actually buy some extra extra light mayo - go me and my pow pow powing..

Very proud of your weight loss tonight and that curry was quite possibly one of the best I have ever eaten - you are amazing and making up feasts xx thanks xx

OMG what an amazing loss! well done you.

Curry looks yummy!

Thanks! I'm so happy with it. My mum (aka ChampagneDreams lol) lost 9lbs! I'm so glad we're doing it together, I think it makes it a lot easier. :)

I'm still feeling pretty positive about keeping on track. We did a really good food shop after weigh in last night, so there's no excuse to not stick to it really.

Day 8: Extra Easy

Left over rice stir fry with lots of veg (2 syns)
Banana
Hifi bars (hex)
Pasta bolognese with cheese (hex) and salad

Total syns: 2 :D

Day 9: Extra easy

Plum
Banana
Half a packet of bachelors cheese, leek and ham pasta with added leeks, mushrooms, bacon and tuna (1 syn + hex)
Chicken casserole with sweet potato mash (1 syn)
Hifi bars x 2 (hex)

Total syns: 3

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! x

Waw everyone is doing so well - congratulations everyone. This is really helping me keep motivated!

One thing I feel I'm missing - sweet treats / dessert. Can anyone suggest anything low syn that turns out well? :)

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Spanish Orange Cake is AMAZING!

This recipe serves 12 and is 4 syns a serving. It's best warm - eaten straight away! What I normally do is half the quantity and fill 6 muffin cases. This recipe is for the whole cake though.

It may be lower syns than 4 a serving if you don't use the Splenda Sugar Blend for the syrup, I've never found it in shops so just use sweetener. The syn value might be lowered for that I'm guessing but I always just leave it as 4 anyway to be safe.

Addition - just synned up all the ingredients one by one, and if you use sweetener for the syrup instead of sugar blend, it makes it 3 syns a serving not 4 :)

FOR THE CAKE:
4 Eggs (separated)
50g Caster Sugar
5tbsp Sweetener
150g SR Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
2tbsp Finely Grated Orange Zest
Juice of 2 Oranges

FOR THE SYRUP:
Zest of 2 Oranges
Juice of 2 Oranges
1tbsp Arrowroot (this is in a tub like baking powder and will be in the same section of a supermarket)
4tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (I can never find this so just use sweetener)

Put oven on at 190*C/Gas Mark 5 and line a cake tin / set out the muffin cases if you're doing muffins.

Put the egg yolks, caster sugar, sweetener, self raising flour, baking powder, orange zest and orange juice and whisk together until thick and pale.

In a different bowl, whisk the egg whites until they peak, then fold them in to the orange mixture.

Spoon into the cake pan/muffin cases and cook for 25-30 minutes.

As soon as the cake(s) come out the oven, put all the syrup ingredients in a small pan with 90ml of water. Bring to the boil whisking the whole time. When it thickens remove from the heat. Drizzle over the cake and enjoy! You can put whole raspberries on top if you wish too.

Last edited:
Waw everyone is doing so well - congratulations everyone. This is really helping me keep motivated!

One thing I feel I'm missing - sweet treats / dessert. Can anyone suggest anything low syn that turns out well? :)

My fave really simple dessert is a "cheesecake" made from Alpen Light for the base and then topped with Quark mixed with a white chocolate options sachet. You can use 2 Alpen Lights for a healthy extra so you would only have to syn the options. I usually top mine with some fruit eg cherries, strawberries or orange segments :)

My fave really simple dessert is a "cheesecake" made from Alpen Light for the base and then topped with Quark mixed with a white chocolate options sachet. You can use 2 Alpen Lights for a healthy extra so you would only have to syn the options. I usually top mine with some fruit eg cherries, strawberries or orange segments :)

That sounds yummy! Bet it's nice with an orange choc options and the orange alpen light bars. Will have to try that one.

That sounds yummy! Bet it's nice with an orange choc options and the orange alpen light bars. Will have to try that one.

I'm sure it would be if you like those already. I wasn't a fan of the orange alpen bars... my faves are the Chocolate Fudge ones. I also didn't like any other options apart from the white one - fussy! lol

Both of those sound amazing! I might try the cheesecake with my rocky road hifi bars and add some thawed frozen raspberries on top, bet it would amazinggg. I love the white chocolate options too, s'definitely my favourite out of the lot!

Just finished my dinner, I think I had waaay too much. I ended up making a lamb curry (so much curry this week!) with some cucumber and onion salad, mint yogurt dressing and rice. I just feel like I'm eating way too much. I know that it's all free and superfree etc, just feeling a bit bleh. I'm going to try and focus more on superfree for the next few days.

I also did 20 minutes or so of 'body magic' but again, I don't think it's really enough. I want to start the couch to 5k running plan, but it's so wet and cold outside and I don't have any proper running shoes. Roll on pay day! My day ended up being more like this:

Day 9: Extra easy

2 plums
Half a packet pasta with leeks, mushrooms, bacon and tuna (1 syn)
2 x hifi bars (hex)
Rice, lamb curry, cucumber and onion salad and mint yogurt dressing (4 syns)

Total syns: 5

Hopefully I'll feel a bit more positive about this after my next weigh in, I think I always panic the second week because I don't want my old habbits to start creeping back in! x

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm definitely going to try the cheesecake this week and I'm going to try the Orange cake on the weekend :)

I know the feeling when your eating a lot - it's hard to feel you can lose weight eating so much! I'm starting to try reducing my portion sizes because even if it's veg, I get the feeling I'm eating too much of it.

With the cheesecake - is it just mix in the dry options powder with quark then leave to set?

Thanks Lindsey, hope you're enjoying SW so far. :)

Carys, totally know how you feel! I've definitely cut down my portion size a lot compared to the stuff I was eating over Christmas. I don't ever really feel super hungry anymore, except when I get home from work just before my dinner! Being full all the time worries me lol.

I would imagine you just mix it with the quark and then it's ready to eat! I'm going to try it at the weekend! :D

Day 11: Extra easy

Banana
Nectarine
Left over curry (2 syns)
Chicken fridge raiders (4 syns!)
No idea for dinner yet!
Hifi bars (hex)

Total syns: 6 :/

Hope you're all having a good monday! x

Last edited:
With the cheesecake - is it just mix in the dry options powder with quark then leave to set?

It won't set, it's ready to eat as soon as you mix them together. I usually use 1 options powder per half tub of quark but it depends how sweet you want it/if you can stand the sharp taste of the quark otherwise. I put the Alpen Lights in the microwave for 10 seconds, then squish them into the bottom of a little ramekin or something, then top them with the quark mix :)

Thanks Lindsey, hope you're enjoying SW so far. :)

Carys, totally know how you feel! I've definitely cut down my portion size a lot compared to the stuff I was eating over Christmas. I don't ever really feel super hungry anymore, except when I get home from work just before my dinner! Being full all the time worries me lol.

I would imagine you just mix it with the quark and then it's ready to eat! I'm going to try it at the weekend! :D

Banana
Nectarine
Left over curry (2 syns)
Chicken fridge raiders (2 syns)
No idea for dinner yet!
Hifi bars (hex)

Total syns: 4 :D

Hope you're all having a good monday! x

is it only 2 syns for those chicken fridge raiders? I've looked at those many times when shopping and thought nah, bet they're pretty high for what they are!

Argh, good job I checked! They were 4 syns! I had the southern ones, they didn't even taste that different from the normal ones! Gah... here are the other syn values! x

ProductExtra EasyOriginalGreen
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, BBQ, chilled , 60g pack
2½​
2½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Chilli & Lime, chilled , 60g pack
2½​
2½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Chilli & Lime, Limited Edition, chilled , 60g pack
2½​
2½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Hot & Spicy, chilled , 65g pack
2½​
2½​
6½​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Piri Piri, chilled , 60g pack
3½​
3½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Roast, chilled , 50g pack
2​
2​
5​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Southern Fried, chilled , 65g pack
4​
4​
7​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Tikka, chilled , 65g pack
4​
4​
7½​

Argh, good job I checked! They were 4 syns! I had the southern ones, they didn't even taste that different from the normal ones! Gah... here are the other syn values! x

ProductExtra EasyOriginalGreen
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, BBQ, chilled , 60g pack
2½​
2½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Chilli & Lime, chilled , 60g pack
2½​
2½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Chilli & Lime, Limited Edition, chilled , 60g pack
2½​
2½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Hot & Spicy, chilled , 65g pack
2½​
2½​
6½​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Piri Piri, chilled , 60g pack
3½​
3½​
6​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Roast, chilled , 50g pack
2​
2​
5​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Southern Fried, chilled , 65g pack
4​
4​
7​
Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites, Tikka, chilled , 65g pack
4​
4​
7½​

Ooo thanks for that hun :) x

You're welcome! I'm genuinely gutted I used 4 syns on them though lol, oh well. My food today has ended up being:

Plum
Nectarine
Left over curry with roasted peppers and grated carrot (2 syns)
Fridge raiders (4 syns)
Hifi bars x 2 (hex)
Pork chow mein (3 syns) with green beans and crispy kale

Total syns: 9

Shall step up the body magic tonight to rectify those fridge raiders! x

Back