Em's mission to live up to the username!

I had a bit of a hormonal day yesterday where I wanted to eat everything in sight. I went over my syns but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Yesterday's food:
B: 2 x Alpen Light (HexB), apple, plum, coffee with dash of milk (1 syn)
L: Pasta with 60g LowLow (HexA), broccoli and cauliflower
D: Leek and potato soup (leek, onion, potato, stock)
S: Twix snacksize (5.5 syns), 3 Hotel Chocolat chocolates (9 syns)

15.5 syns... Hmmm... I thought I'd been a lot worse than that. I think it was a rollover from Tuesday where I didn't have any dinner but ended up having a 30g packet of cheesy Doritos (7.5 syns), a Twix (5.5 syns) and then picking at OH's chips from his chippy tea (probably about 4 syns) so 17 syns. I did have some wriggle room through the week but I don't like this picking at food. I need to rein it back in.

Today's food:
B: Christmas pudding HiFi (HexB) with apple and plum, coffee with dash of milk (1 syn)
L: Leek and potato soup with an OatBran (1 syn) and a pear
D: Jacket potato with 40g reduced fat cheddar (HexA), beans and salad.
S: 2 Hotel Chocolat chocolates (6 syns)

Syns: 8/15

I've got to save some syns as I'm out for dinner with my dad tomorrow night, and there will be wine, and then at his again for a party on Saturday. On Sunday we're meeting our potential wedding photographer at a beautiful hotel in Surrey and she's buying the coffees - I have visions of the most extravagant hot chocolate you've ever seen but I am going to be on plan.

I've been so headachey lately. I seem to be getting migraine after migraine too. I've still got a rash all over my ribs but at least the eczema's gone from my eyelids. I feel like I'm falling apart! I can't wait for the Christmas break.

I had a lovely break at the hairdressers last night. I love my hairdresser, Bea (pronounced bay-a). I walked in last night and she just lit up and exclaimed 'Oh my goodness, your hair looks amazing! The colour so suits you!' - I had to laugh because basically she was giving herself a massive compliment :). I'll be sad to move and have to find someone else. It's got to be a lot cheaper though - she keeps getting promoted so the prices keep creeping up. I don't know where I find the money!

I'm so hungry today! I don't know what's wrong with me! Just munching on another apple. The oven's all set up to have jacket potatoes ready when I get in at 7.30. I had a cheeky Twix for 5.5 syns at lunchtime so I might forego the chocolates tonight. I should be really full from my JP, cheese and beans anyway.

So I didn't forego the chocolates, but OH and I shared 3 so that's 4.5 syns instead of 9. I hadn't had rocket salad in ages and it was so lush with my jacket potato. It's such a cheap and simple meal but I could pretty much eat jacket potato, cheese, beans and salad every day.

Off out for a posh dinner with my dad tonight. Really looking forward to it! I was ravenous again this morning. Just had my cereal bars and some fruit and that'll tide me over. I can't choose what to have tonight. It's the oldest restaurant in London and it serves very traditional British food. My mouth is watering at the thought!

B: 2 x Alpen Light (HexB) with 2 plums, coffee with dash of milk (1 syn)
L: Leek and potato soup with 40g reduced fat cheddar (HexA)
D: Ooooh choices choices! Starter will either be seared fillet of hare with chestnut puree and pepper sauce (I had this last year and it was delicious!) or venison rillette with pickled quince and port jelly. Main is either stout braised beef cheek with watercress and crushed potato or roast loin of roe deer with roast artichoke, salsify and hazelnut cream orrr roast wild duck with red cabbage, roast squash, blackcurrant jus. At least two glasses of red wine (12 syns) and all sorts of syns for the oil etc. It's worth it. I'm just trying to stop with salted hazelnut mille-feuille with bitter chocolate calling to me...

I've got that Friday feeling! Wondering whether to get my eyebrows waxed before I go out tonight or whether I'll end up looking horrendously red. I might leave it... They desperately need doing by someone proper because I think they need trimming. I don't have curly hair but my eyebrows are desperately trying to be curly and it's not a good look!

Ooh, another nice thing today! I took my measurements this morning to compare them to the ones I had done about this time last year, shortly after I'd started SW. I've lost 4.5 inches from my hips, 3 inches from my waist and 2.5 from my chest. Pretty pleased with that! I've been feeling a bit downhearted that my scales are slinking downwards so slowly, but they're moving, and in the right direction, so I'm just going to calmly keep the faith. If it's 0.5lbs a week then it's still getting me somewhere better!

Dinner was soooo good last week! I had the hare to start and the roe deer for main and they were both scrumptious. I didn't manage to swerve dessert but it was absolutely worth it - Baked Alaska! It was for two, so OH and I shared it. They set it alight at the table!! I was more than a little bit giddy..!

Last Saturday was my dad's birthday party and that was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I took diet cream soda and ginger ale so I avoided alcohol all evening. The food was a mediterranean feast so I had roast lamb, tomato and pomegranate salad, greek salad, cous cous and chickpeas with cucumber, peppers and tomatoes. Gorgeously tasty and so much superfree!

The disaster of the weekend was SW cheesecake. I made the clementine cheesecake recipe from the website and it was just awful. It was so bad we got the giggles and couldn't stop! It managed to be too dry, yet wet, chewy yet crumbly all at the same time! It was not pleasant. Low-fat cheesecake just doesn't work. I ended up having a piece of my back-up plan - a Finest Coffee and Walnut cake - instead!

My week's been so manic - 6.30 starts and 4h travelling a day - so apologies for the lack of posts. My food has managed to be alright. Monday was awful because the meeting overran so the canteen had closed by the time we got to lunch. The only options were crisps and chocolate bars so I ended up going hungry until I got home at 8pm - not great when breakfast was two cereal bars and an apple on the run! I filled myself up with a couple of skinny cappuccinos from their Costa stand which came to 6 syns + HexA. Dinner was pulled pork, mash and mange tout and it was sooooo welcome! I was better prepared on Tuesday and took emergency falafel :giggle:, but we got to the canteen in time and I had a jacket potato with baked beans and a mound of salad. I had group in the evening so I didn't end up having dinner other than a Hifi bar and a hot chocolate with my HexA. Yesterday the emergency falafel finally got eaten :D and then dinner was chicken with broccoli and cauliflower cheese and mange tout. I haven't really been on it with the food and syn tracking so I need to rein myself in - although I haven't been going crazy.

So, the good news at group was that I lost 3.5lbs over 2 weeks! I finally got my 1/2 stone award in new money (because I rejoined in Oct) but it also meant I regained my 2 stone award in old money. I'm going all the way this time - I am FINALLY going to get my 2.5 stone award! Feeling fabulous and I just need 3lbs in 3 weeks to get my Christmas wish. I'd love more though... I just don't want to get to my Club 10 weight before Christmas because I know I'll only gain over the festive season.

Feeling positive and determined to stay on track. I'm going to have a peek at the menu for lunch and see if I can limit my syns...

I tried to play it safe-ish yesterday and have what I had last year - chicken strips followed by pork belly with mash and greens. When the chicken strips turned up they filled a whole plate! They must have given me a whole chicken breast and then some, and they were much greasier than last year. I scraped all the fat off the pork belly but the mash and greens turned out to be a breaded and deep fried bubble and squeak cake! It was so disappointing, but I was so hungry I ate the lot. I avoided the mayo that came with the strips and instead ate the grilled tomato with them. Gutted about the main but there wasn't a lot I could do. I'm just going to have to work extra hard.

I say that, but I got home for lunch today to find my falafel looked a little dubious (I suppose I did make it on Sunday) and I'm almost all out of SF, so I ate 5, yes, 5, taco trays - 10 syns in one go. No nutritional goodness whatsoever! I'm within my syns, just, but I've maxed them out for today. So annoyed with myself. I'm going to do a big late night shop tonight. Dinner is jacket potato with cheese, beans and salad.

I've got to sit a 2.5 hour test tonight and I feel wiped out (not helped by the rubbish lunch or my cold). OH was meant to be out at my cousin's birthday but apparently they're not meeting until 9?! I'm so old. I know I used to go out at 11pm - midnight even - but now if something starts after 7.30 I consider it late. So lame! Ha! I was hoping to start the test earlier so I could get to bed earlier. We've got OH's brother staying with us this weekend and the test needs to be finished by 23.59 on Sunday so this is my last chance for uninterrupted peace. Rubbish.

Back