Essential beauty products - What are your bathroom must haves?

Palmers cocoa butter for my body and bodyshop mature skin moisturiser in the gold jar for my face. Worked a lot of years in the beauty industry and this cream is the best ive found, for £18 a jar it beats the otheres hands down.

For me its:

Perfume: CK in2u HER

Hair bits: Catwalk "Fashionista" Shampoo and also the Conditioner
BedHead styling products (different ones depending on what look I want!)

Body/shower: Body Shop mandarin shower gel- mmmm so yummy I could eat it!
Palmers cocoa butter firming body lotion- again, yummy!

Face products: Superdrug MASK (aloe vera is nicest)
Clinique moisturiser
Clarins radiant something or other (goes under your make up for radiant skin)

Make-up bag:
Prescriptives Anywear Multifinish Foundation (buy it from outlet stores cheaper than normal! so light but fab coverage, you wouldnt know you were wearing it and matches all skintones)
MAC mineral blush (gives you a natural pink shimmery glow for cheeks, nose, t-zone and chin)
MAC eyeshadows (millions of different ones)
Rimmel liquid eyeliner
L'oreal Telescopic waterproof mascara
Lancome juicy tubes lip glosses

Molton Brown shower gel especially the Blissful Templetree or Heavenly Gingerlily.

Simple cleansing wipes.

Clarins Day moisturiser and night moisturiser.

Clarins tinted moisturiser and black mascara

Perfume - Jo Malone blue agava & cacao and/or nectarine blossom and honey

Pair of tweezers

My old and bashed Revlon Air Styler

Creme de la mer moisturiser - it's around £100 for the pot but it lasts about 6 months. My skin has never been as good as it is now, and I have very sensitive skin and psoriasis.

Benefit EyeCon eye cream - dark circles just dissapear.

N-Spa shower gel - a bit of a copy cat of Philosophy gels but just £2 each, they smell amazing and you get a huge bottle of thick luxurious wash!

Benefit - Bad Gal eyeliner and mascara. Perfect smudgy black for smoky eyes and fat lashes :)

Vaseline - Perfect for taming eyebrows, rubbing into cuticles, great lipbalm, adding sheen to cheek bones .... perfect!

YSL Touche Eclat - makes dark circles vanish!

Too Faced Lip Injection - Painful to apply but the most amazing bee stung lips. It's so good my family thought i'd had collagen injected!!!!

free Roc stylish cosmetics bag, containing mirror, headband and £5 boots voucher!

Register with the RoC® Skin Clinic today and we'll send you a stylish cosmetic bag containing a compact mirror, headband and a voucher for £5 towards your next RoC® purchase at Boots**. :)
follow the link:
News and Features
answer a sort questionaire then your cosmetics bag will be on the way!
thought this would be nice as we are all talking about beauty products enjoy:)

LUSH, LUSH, LUSH, LUSH, LUSH!!!
(am very excited because someone from B (their cosmetics bit) is going to be at our Princes Street store tonight, PARTY!)

Max Factor Masterpiece mascara (the gold tube, didn't like the black 'Max' one as much)

MAC gel liner in Blitz'n'Glitz (the little pots)

MAC Pigment (mmm, sparkly goodness that lasts for ages)

Blistex 'Glam' lipbalm

GHD straighteners (still looking for something good for curls coz I can't get the knack of doing it with straighteners, not consistently anyway)

Errrr, did I mention Lush?

LOL you don't like Lush do you Claire? :D

Also discovered the No7 Protect & Perfect Body Serum - really good stuff, left my body all silky and smooth.

All Liz Earle products,
Gatineau Strategie Jeunesse Throat Gel,
L'Occitane Hand cream,
L'Occitane Cherry blossom shower/bath gel,
Lush Bathos and blue skies bubble bars,
Bobbi Brown Make up,
Estee Lauder Idealist Skin refinisher and Advanced Night Repair
Estee Lauder roll on deodrant
Philip Kingsley shampoo for Itchy Flaky scalps, and the scalp tonic and elasticizer
OPI Nail polishes and Nail Envy
Leighton Denny Crystal nail file
Nails Inc polish remover Molten Brown liquid handwashes

I could go on lol!

Last edited:
my must haves are...palmers coco butter (the stretch mark one)..nivea gentle light daily moisturiser.....dove gradual tanning body lotion in fair...with matching face cream....anything by lush especially their massage bars....oh and a biggy i cant live without is sally hanson mega shine it fixes my manicure and makes ure nails look wet!!! i get comments every day on my nails.....

oh i forgot...i shouldnt really be sharing this due to the nature of my job...but well ok....boots own make of shamppos and conditioners are amazing....if your blonde try the chamomile shampoo and weekly treatment as a conditioner its light weight formulla really gives you a dazzling oomffff....and the coconut one is real nice also....its also a bargain at £1.50 aprox.... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xxx

oh and mavala nail polish ....................it goes on like a dream and stays put for ages !!!!!!!!!

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polisy and OPI nail polish are my must haves xx

While we're on the subject of beauty products, don't forget to check my E-bay goodies out (in my signature)

I am listing lots of Avon & Body Shop products as I am having a massive clearout!!

Just finding the time to list everything, a few at a time though!!

Never know your fave's might crop up!! ;)

xx

I Love Fcuk Sugar Scrub,its Fantastic And Leaves Your Skin Like Velvet,also Fcuk Whipped Body Cream(moisturiser)it Smells Delish!!!!

Wow..this really is a great forum... not only do u have none stop girl chat. u get weight loss tips, relationship advice n now recomendations of beauty products... I LOVE IT!!
:D:D:D

I couldn't live withoud my

Charles Worthington hair shampoo range
Toni&Guy shine finish spray
Palmers Body Butter
The Soap and Glory body products (love body butter!!)
YSL False Lashes Mascara
L'Oreal - Roll'on True Match
Protect&Perfect - face moisturiser

I'm sure it's more but the list would be too long to complete xxx

Hi everyone...I always use the 'Simple' range of cleansing lotion,and the Simple Rich Moisturising Cream.. as I have sensitive eyes,and this range can be used around the eyes with no problems,no stinging or anything, I also use Simple soap on my face every morning ( in fact, its only used on my face alone, as its the only one that doesnt make my face feel tight and dry, so, I keep it for myself, and just use it once a day on a morningm then I tuck it away on a soap holder under the bathroom unit ( so no one else can pinch it !) You'd laugh if you knew just how long a bar of soap can last !! its unbelievable..

too good to waste on anywhere else but my face..

w....

I couldn't live without (well I probably could but I'd rather not):

Annabelle Skintrue foundation - covers up just about anything
Blistex lip balm - the minty one, preferably
Rimmell Stay Matte pressed powder
Maybelline Colossal mascara - fantastic stuff

Bed Head after party - smells like heaven, always used to get complimented on it. Sleaks your hair and gives it a nice, shiny finish and helps keep it straight. Truly amazing, a bottle lasted me a year and a half

ArmaniMania perfume - also smells divine

A hair straightener, I'd be so moody without one.

Vitamin E - helps to give you good skin, I really notice it when I stop taking it.

Haha, I feel so superficial and girly now :D

Back